• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
I also think that their approach to carving up the landscape with vehicle "lanes" hurt the BTB maps because many of them felt like I was hemmed in driving (Longbow and Meltdown particularly.) I think later maps improved on that issue.
The roadway styling was also present in Reach with the btb scale maps other than a few forge ones.

-Ryn

Banned
Thanks bud, for my birthday celebration I am driving around town setting up Water, Electric, Cable and Bank stuff for my new apartment. #waitingrooms

Adulthood!
Buy yourself a Halo pinata and invite even the most vague of friendly acquaintances. Perhaps a bouncy house with beer inside it. What's the adult equivalent of a Chuck-E-Cheese?

Congratulations on getting a new apartment.

Silver linings

nillapuddin

Buy yourself a Halo piñata and invite even the most vague of friendly acquaintances. Perhaps a bouncy house with beer inside it. What's the adult equivalent of a Chuck-E-Cheese?

Congratulations on getting a new apartment.

The adult equivalent of chuckle cheese? Hmm..

Costco?
Large pizza, check.
Stiff moving old hairy workers, check.
Excitement around every corner, check.
Ball pit, negative.

Damn, close.

New apt will be great, my Halo Barbie dolls will roam free in my new extended man space.

daedalius

I really think the Destiny OT's should be split into two threads, an actual Destiny discussion thread, and an LFG thread. That would help people who actually want to discuss the game like me, be not so intimidated by the speed at which the thread moves.

This

They are quite proud they've caught the Halo threads already though, even though basically every thread is like 90% "Hey I'm doing xyz, I need people" cue like 10 more posts.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Destiny needs a better invite system so bad. I should be able to select someone and invite them to a specific activity. I hate having to send a million people messages just to let them know what I actually want to do and vice versa.

But I'm done with that game anyways so whatevs.

-Ryn

Banned
The adult equivalent of chuckle cheese? Hmm..

Costco?
Large pizza, check.
Stiff moving old hairy workers, check.
Excitement around every corner, check.
Ball pit, negative.

Damn, close.

New apt will be great, my Halo Barbie dolls will roam free in my new extended man space.
Fuckin LOL

I gotta expand my collection beyond my 3 iterations of Chief. I'm so sad that the LCE for Halo 5 wasn't all of Blue Team or something like that. The Chief and Locke one could be made out of solid unicorn shits and smell like my great grandma's lemon trees but it still doesn't make the actual statue any less disappointing. What are Chief and Locke even doing?

I like the Halo 4 version of that ViDoc

xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMaKVDEBqoY
Boy oh boy I haven't seen that video since it came out. Brings back memories.

Salty salty memories.

Vico

SDCC panel on the 10th of july

Hunt for the Truth: Following the Trail of the Halo 5: Guardians Story

Join 343 Industries and special guests as they examine the compelling and prolific storytelling in and around Halo 5: Guardians. The panel will bring new insight into the mysteries surrounding the Master Chief and build connections between the stories that have been told so far, and sneak peeks of the stories yet to be told in game and beyond. Q&A session following.

From the SDCC schedule

There might be more Halo during that weekend, there are still two days to reveal.

I'm so sad that the LCE for Halo 5 wasn't all of Blue Team or something like that. The Chief and Locke one could be made out of solid unicorn shits and smell like my great grandma's lemon trees but it still doesn't make the actual statue any less disappointing. What are Chief and Locke even doing?

/ded

For real though... $250 gets you two awkward looking bookends.

They could have at least tossed some Redbull cans at their feet or something

Glass

The image for the LCE doesn't even show off the fact that the statue can come apart and be used like that, which is like its whole main feature. It's like they keep showing the editions without having finalised things.

Using the Destiny TTK collectors edition as a comparison, all the digital in game stuff is shown off looking sexy as anything there. Whereas in the Halo one, its just a really boring logo. Doesn't do a good job of conveying the swag.

The image for the LCE doesn't even show off the fact that the statue can come apart and be used like that, which is like its whole main feature. It's like they keep showing the editions without having finalised things.

Using the Destiny TTK collectors edition as a comparison, all the digital in game stuff is shown off looking sexy as anything there. Whereas in the Halo one, its just a really boring logo. Doesn't do a good job of conveying the swag.

takenkingcoll.png

Vs

VAoKzPW.jpg

jem0208

I'm not salty, but 'Murica sure is
Yeah, I've always found it kinda weird that so many people are bothered by it.

Pretty sure nobody really cares in the UK... It's such a silly thing to get offended by.

Edit: to be clear I mean it's silly to be offended by gay marriage being legalized, not being offended that it wasn't. I completely agree that it should be legal.

Anyway, this isn't particularly Halo related.

I just got Team Slayer on Abandon :/

nillapuddin

Fuckin LOL

I gotta expand my collection beyond my 3 iterations of Chief. I'm so sad that the LCE for Halo 5 wasn't all of Blue Team or something like that. The Chief and Locke one could be made out of solid unicorn shits and smell like my great grandma's lemon trees but it still doesn't make the actual statue any less disappointing. What are Chief and Locke even doing?

Honestly if it would have been bookends of this

TK8TAtf.jpg

I'd drop... All the moneys.

John and Kelly on one side
Fred and Linda on the other
j-n-my-p's

Such a hard sell on Locke :/

Hopefully when Locke sacrifices himself gray ninja style saving chief from under the guardian in the epilogue we can move past this and go blue team all day err day.

SDCC panel on the 10th of july.

Aww yiss

I'm salty about not getting into the Battlefront Alpha. I've played every Battlefield game! I see how it is DICE.
lol still getting it.

Halo

chief_s_doritos_by_skcrisis-d5yvvbr.gif

jem0208

Team slayer on abandon has a better chance of ruining America than gay marriage
2 of my team mates were afk for the entire game and a third gave up half way through as well.

Still only lost 60-53. I went 27 for 9.

Yay low ranks...

Also one of them tried to betray me because I picked up the sniper. I mean I might let them have it if they had thumbs.

Yet another game with terrible teammates and afk players. This is why I don't like entirely team based ranking systems.

GI article on Fathom: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Tier-two weapons – like the shotgun – are more powerful, so 343 Industries wants to control how many of them are on the battlefield at any given moment. This means that as soon as someone picks up one of these tier-two weapons, another one won’t spawn until that weapon is out of ammo and the player holding it swaps it out for something else. However, as soon as that gun has been ditched, another tier-two weapon appears on the map a second later.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the sniper work like this, too? I remember people just holding on to the snipers in that Sniper Spot of Coagulation and it just wouldn't spawn as long as it had ammo in somebody's hand

AlStrong

I gotta expand my collection beyond my 3 iterations of Chief. I'm so sad that the LCE for Halo 5 wasn't all of Blue Team or something like that. The Chief and Locke one could be made out of solid unicorn shits and smell like my great grandma's lemon trees but it still doesn't make the actual statue any less disappointing.

Will wait for the articulated 9-12" tall action figures. Walletto-am-cry.

What are Chief and Locke even doing?

One of them is abutt the butts with riflebutt.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a new Halo survey. Check your email P E O P L E O F V A R I O U S G E N D E R S

So there is an HCS tournament going on right now. Why does it sound like commentator's are coming through my iphone speakers? Audio quality is terrible

Madness

Size isn't everything, sometimes it's what you do with it. Too big hurts and while it initially seems like a good idea eventually you see if for the pain it is and want to avoid it

Would rather smaller but more perfectly formed maps than massive just for the sake of it maps

ZjQr6AL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom