• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warzone could use some objective variety. Like invasion. You either cap points, or you arm something or destroy something.

Isn't there a TF2 Capture Point like variant they talked about? Like there's five bases you have to capture lined up across the map, you have to capture in order

Red Base --- Armory on red side of map --- Garage in the middle --- Armory on blue side of map --- Blue Base

and then you gotta get in the other team base and destroy their core once you capped all the other points? I'm sure they mentioned this

SaganIsGOAT

Warzone should have taken some inspiration from Warzone in killzone. Have randomly changing objectives mixed in there. My ideal event would be a mega boss event just to change the pace where enemy teams can't damage each other and everyone playing has to focus on just killing the boss or bosses. Succeeding in the short time frame would net everyone a random high level REQ pack as a reward. Just seems like it could be awesome to have all 24 players working together for a singular cause with big rewards. To up the ante maybe allow only 2 lives per player for the event. If a boss kills you twice you're out until the timer is up.

Palmer VO
"This is Spartan Palmer to all Spartans on the battlefield! Warden Eternal has summoned a War Sphinx, you have 90 seconds to take it out Spartans!"

link1201

Warzone could use some objective variety. Like invasion. You either cap points, or you arm something or destroy something.

I vaguely remember something about another mode similar to BF rush mode in Warzone mentioned by 343. They didn't mention BF but that's what I thought of when they mentioned it. I am at work or else I would try and round up the link.

Glass

I vaguely remember something about another mode similar to BF rush mode in Warzone mentioned by 343. They didn't mention BF but that's what I though of when they mentioned it. I am at work or else I would try and round up the link.

Yeah I'd love a Rush mode, hope it fits in the Halo sandbox well. My first experience with that mode was the original Unreal Tournament, loved it.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
Rewatching some Warzone, I feel like the matches should be up to a half an hour long and require more points to win. The availabe reqs come so fast in the current state so everyone immediately has really good weapons. A longer match time would allow for comebacks and just more time to settle into the battle. I don't know, maybe they tested longer times and it didn't work very well. Warzone has JiP, correct?

The E3 build was highly accelerated to make games end faster and allow players to gain access to more REQ content than would normally be available in a match. Rates for leveling-up & earning energy were increased, and players were rewarded with full replenishment of energy whenever they leveled up, which made a huge impact.

Typically we see games of Warzone go 20-25 minutes with far fewer deployments per player. We expect the final tuning to be in this ballpark.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Typically we see games of Warzone go 20-25 minutes with far fewer deployments per player. We expect the final tuning to be in this ballpark.
Nice. The idea of prolonged, push-and-pull battles sounds great.

...and players were rewarded with full replenishment of energy whenever they leveled up, which made a huge impact.

Wait a second, I guessed the rest was accelerated but is it confirmed that the final game will not fill your energy when you level up?

That would be great, because then, if you're wanting a 7 point weapon, you would have to save your points rather than spend it all and be returned your points when you levelled.

On a side note, I watched a tonne of Warzone videos they day they all went up but I am having trouble finding one particular video ever again. The guy was absolutely dominating, 35 kills and left everyone else behind. Got at least an Overkill, maybe even a Killtacular (I think it was with a Covenant Carbine). Anyone know it?

The E3 build was highly accelerated to make games end faster and allow players to gain access to more REQ content than would normally be available in a match. Rates for leveling-up & earning energy were increased, and players were rewarded with full replenishment of energy whenever they leveled up, which made a huge impact.

Sounds great, thanks for the response! Super excited to get my hands on this pup, I foresee myself playing a bunch of warzone with my friends because they love Halo but they aren't your typical competitive players (we're getting old). I'll probably be playing arena on my own (or with some Gaffers).

Just read the Polygon interview with Kevin Franklin (not Frankie, woops), can't believe the attention to detail they're putting into the multiplayer in general, there really is something for everyone.

Wait a second, I guessed the rest was accelerated but is it confirmed that the final game will not fill your energy when you level up?

That would be great, because then, if you're wanting a 7 point weapon, you would have to save your points rather than spend it all and be returned your points when you levelled.

On a side note, I watched a tonne of Warzone videos they day they all went up but I am having trouble finding one particular video ever again. The guy was absolutely dominating, 35 kills and left everyone else behind. Got at least an Overkill, maybe even a Killtacular (I think it was with a Covenant Carbine). Anyone know it?

The ReadyUpLive one?

Haruko

Was that Unyshek's gameplay?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSgNz7eAmHQ

EDIT: Yeah, it's this one

Hey you probably see high level play on Henery's, no danger of seeing that on my MCC stream.

The game works well now, but I think I'm just tired of these games. I've put in so many games over the years, that I was ready to be done after about 8 matches. Roll on Halo 5.

I find myself playing it more than anything because of the variety. Having a team doubles Playlist is just incredibly fun for me.

The one thing that keeps springing to mind is how flawed the spawn system is compared to today's standards. I played a Halo 2 game with a friend where we both died 6 times in a row from spawn kills. It was so bad it was hilarious.

I think the campaigns hold up for me though. So much fun (except for Halo 4 for ME).

jem0208

I'm really excited for Warzone.

It looks like the perfect mode to go to when you don't really feel like getting sweaty and you're a bit tired of being a try hard in Arena. BTB is kinda my go to mode for that at the moment but I feel like it can be a bit dull sometimes, quite often I find myself wandering around looking for the fight. From what we've seen of Warzone, it looks like the fight is everywhere.

It looks like the perfect mode to go to when you don't really feel like getting sweaty and you're a bit tired of being a try hard in Arena. BTB is kinda my go to mode for that at the moment but I feel like it can be a bit dull sometimes, quite often I find myself wandering around looking for the fight. From what we've seen of Warzone, it looks like the fight is everywhere.

I feel the same Jemmyboi.

TheXbox

x40L2fQ.png

fuck this stupid game. give me halo 5

Agreed.

Oh, and we got a little more on the 60fps implications in that Polygon article Kittens posted. Apparently, one of the side effects is a reduction in melee trades. Makes sense.

SaganIsGOAT

I feel the same Jemmyboi.

Yeah Warzone definitely seems like the in-between mode made to get players from pvp only to try pve, or pve players to try pvp. Looks really relaxing to just hop on, kill some AI, bosses, and maybe some players. The end game seems like it's going to birth the most "Halo Moments" we've seen in the series to date. It's gonna get chaotic lol

jem0208

x40L2fQ.png

fuck this stupid game. give me halo 5
Oh man, I know how you feel.

Low rank H4 matches can be painful. I've gone +25 in a slayer game and still lost (I had a single death right near the end, really gutted I didn't get the perfection).

Yeah Warzone definitely seems like the in-between mode made to get players from pvp only to try pve, or pve players to try pvp. Looks really relaxing to just hop on, kill some AI, bosses, and maybe some players. The end game seems like it's going to birth the most "Halo Moments" we've seen in the series to date. It's gonna get chaotic lol

It does look like it will be perfect for those "Halo moments". I'm excited to see a full party coordinate a 12 man Warthog rush. It would be amazing to see 6 Warthogs blast across the battlefield and demolish a team.

Dang Halo 5 looks so good. Did they make the magnum more silver now? It looks less matte black but more matte silver now. Looked nicer on some warzone videos.

please show legendary magnum at gamescom

If they don't have a full on legendary CE magnum, I really hope they have a super shiny CE style skin. That would be awesome.

Warzone needs more Creeps and A 3-lane map.

Dang Halo 5 looks so good. Did they make the magnum more silver now? It looks less matte black but more matte silver now. Looked nicer on some warzone videos.

please show legendary magnum at gamescom

I've warmed up to it. Its just MoBA halo.

You know, they actually addressed that specifically in that Polygon article?

Apparently, they nearly went there, but they realized that they needed somewhere for Warthogs (and what have you) to play in.

There should be a map that's two Blood Gulches on either side and Valhalla in the middle.

JackHerer

I'm someone who cares a lot about balance and the competitive viability of the game but I am still extremely psyched for Warzone. BTB is nice because it's the surest way to find bad players to stomp and it just has a more relaxed, mindless flow to it. I usually feel like an absolute wrecking ball going from 4v4 to BTB. Warzone just sounds like more of the same but on a bigger scale and with A.I. Count me in.

rrc1594

Warzone is 12v12, but has a whole lot of shit happening. Can possibly BTB be higher because it doesn't have all the commotion

SaganIsGOAT

I feel like the Halo 5 LE Xbox One should throwback to the original Halo 1 LE Xbox. The Xbox One would probably look cool with blue or green translucency.

It was decent in the beta, but they are buffing it for the final release. They're slowing the fire rate down though, I kinda liked it where it was.

The fire rate is pretty close to CE's as opposed to Halo 2's. I think it looks great and the effective range looks buffed accordingly. Makes me happy =D

I feel like the Halo 5 LE Xbox One should throwback to the original Halo 1 LE Xbox. The Xbox One would probably look cool with blue or green translucency.

Yesss. A transparent blue or green would be a really cool throwback.

Fuchsdh

The console looks nice, hopefully the 5 LE looks cool too.

I think in terms of best-looking consoles the Halo Reach one probably comes out top for me, although I really like the Halo 4 one as well. In photos it looks way too busy but it's actually very cool-looking in person.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It was decent in the beta, but they are buffing it for the final release. They're slowing the fire rate down though, I kinda liked it where it was.
Yeah, I really liked it in the beta, especially to clean up kills. But the new one is supposedly buffed dispite a lower rof. It certainly looks more powerful.

The console looks nice, hopefully the 5 LE looks cool too.

I think in terms of best-looking consoles the Halo Reach one probably comes out top for me, although I really like the Halo 4 one as well. In photos it looks way too busy but it's actually very cool-looking in person.

The Reach one was very nice.
It's a great dust collector atm however :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom