• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhr1

Warzone is 12v12, but has a whole lot of shit happening. Can possibly BTB be higher because it doesn't have all the commotion

All the AI is cloud-computed like Titanfall so the console itself isn't doing anything outside of the graphical processing there. Doubt BTB would be bigger than 12 v 12 in that case but anything is possible I guess.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
I've warmed up to it. Its just MoBA halo.

Whaaaaaaat?

5036609830_end_is_near_785574_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Hmm:
Frank and Josh definitely light up together, without a doubt. Laughing while making fun of the silly things people say.

Josh: "LOL these kids think REQ packs are pay to win and Warzone is a MOBA!"
Frank: "..they're not wrong, essentially." -sly smirk and coy giggle-
Accurate? ;]

EDIT:
Fyman is the real mvp.
How the hell do you go 3-36 in Halo 4? I don't understand..

36 deaths! THIRTY. SIX. DEATHS. Should have saved the replay and done a bloopers video of just that one player.

Madness

Late to discussion but Ram you're right. Even I don't like playing the old games anymore. Maybe it's more that it is the launch of MCC at fault because I was hyped as hell to play them or it's the realization that I've already played thousands of matches over the years.

It's why, when Halo 3 launched, I didn't go back to Halo 2, when Reach launched, I never went back to Halo 3, or once Halo 4 came, I barely played Reach.

Plus, these games just feel sub-par, like I'm not playing them as they were, during the time they came out. Something just feels off. I think MCC tarnished it so much, I probably wouldn't even buy a Halo 3 Anniversary if it was to come now. Bring on H5 for me as well.

I'm all in for the Grunt conversations. They'd better have some glorious things to say.
Also, H4 has some gorgeous lighting, I especially love one particular scene just before the Librarian cutscene:
I need to continue my screenshot runs. I wish HCE had a Blind Skull.

And Halo 4 a photo mode.

tootsi666

Madness

That Polygon interview with Kevin Franklin. The interesting thing is, he talks about how we're giving 15 free maps. By June of 2016, all maps will be released, and then what? I get that the nature of the industry means things are annualized, that gamers need newer content faster before they move on, but would anything be planned for holiday 2016? Because if game development time for mainline Halo games is now 3 years, we won't see another Halo 6 until 2018. I do have a feeling they'd do Halo 3 Anniversary for 2017, but what will fill the 2016 holiday void if no H5 content? Sorry if I'm thinking too far ahead.

jem0208

That Polygon interview with Kevin Franklin. The interesting thing is, he talks about how we're giving 15 free maps. By June of 2016, all maps will be released, and then what? I get that the nature of the industry means things are annualized, that gamers need newer content faster before they move on, but would anything be planned for holiday 2016? Because if game development time for mainline Halo games is now 3 years, we won't see another Halo 6 until 2018. I do have a feeling they'd do Halo 3 Anniversary for 2017, but what will fill the 2016 holiday void if no H5 content? Sorry if I'm thinking too far ahead.

Campaign expansion DLC?

Pleeeeaaaase

That or Halo Wars 2

My guess is that they'll continue to add more warzone content if it works as intended, since that will be their source of continued revenue before Halo 6 comes out.

Well that and of course other games.

rrc1594

Why?

Campaign expansion DLC?

Pleeeeaaaase

That or Halo Wars 2

We are getting Halo War 2 god dammit!. No scratch that we better get Halo Wars 2

Madness

Why?

We are getting Halo War 2 god dammit!. No scratch that we better get Halo Wars 2

For one, it would be ten years since Halo 3, could remaster it using Xbox One hardware capabilities giving us something better than CEA, H2A remaster. Plus, if Halo 6 is 2018, that's allowing fans a year to play whatever MP they might do. Maybe full Halo 3 classic MP and a H2A style MP built off of Halo 5 multi-player with like 10 of the best Halo 3 maps remastered. Who knows. The interview with Bonnie regarding Reach was interesting because she said something like you never know for Halo 3 or whatnot down the line. Maybe I'm misremembering. Just a thought.

There has be something in the Era of annualized releases if most of your free content is released by June. I mean the Champions DLC wasn't known until all the season pass content released so who knows.

Mix

Christmas/Hanukkah themed skins released at $12.25 confirmed for Holiday Haloday 2016

For one, it would be ten years since Halo 3, could remaster it using Xbox One hardware capabilities giving us something better than CEA, H2A remaster.

Please no more remakes, roll on fresh content and technology for the X1. Let us and developers learn from MCC.

Madness

We've gotten halo 3 twice. Let's move on from Halo 3 already lol

Imagine a Halo 3 campaign remastered but with Xbox One level hardware. Also, since you did like H4 and will like H5, imagine a multi-player that is about 10 of the best maps, remastered and built around H5 mechanics. Just as a stopgap between mainline titles.

Also, I'm ready to pay for more content. I was going to buy the new map packs regardless of whether they were free. Free just means that others will have them and I can play with them. But I mean, based on this roadmap, it means is that it for new content by June 2016? I can play Halo for a while. It doesn't matter to me. But if we're realistic, next year will see another Call of Duty and either a Battlefield or TitanFall based on EA roadmap for shooter alternation. For Halo 4, things like Forge Island and Champions DLC were never part of original post launch content plans, so maybe there will be something else? 15 maps, 6 of which are guaranteed Warzone, leaves 9 between Arena, BTB and Breakout.

Imagine a Halo 3 campaign remastered but with Xbox One level hardware. Also, since you did like H4 and will like H5, imagine a multi-player that is about 10 of the best maps, remastered and built around H5 mechanics. Just as a stopgap between mainline titles.

*cough* H2A says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom