• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
im pretty sure Tanaka Is wearing SPI armor

and Not Gen II armor like Freds

EDIT So this looks like this is team saber and not Fred and Tanaka This is likely Olivia from Ghost of Onyx and The kilo 5 trillogy
Woah

Nice catch Delta. Love how the SPI armor turned out in that art then. Looks great.

So, I was thinking for the whole debacle regarding all of the new abilities in H5, you could clear up a lot of room on the controller by assigning a couple different functions to the left stick:

LS: Movement (duh)
Click LS while moving: Thruster
Click LS while not moving in-air: Stabilizers
Click LS while not moving grounded: Initiate Crouch

I figure since people who ams gud at the halos are only ever using crouch for teabagging, crouch jumping (including gandhi-hopping) and non-toggle-crouching in the first place, you're really not losing a whole lot by not being able to crouch while motionless in the air. Obviously you could still move around while crouching, you'd just have to initiate it nonmoving. The only real application I could think of would be totem-poling for campaign trickery, but even then hover may prove more beneficial for that in the first place. Similarly, (and I know people have suggested this before) if you had that level of control over Hover you could implement Ground Pound by just hitting the melee button while hovering / stabilizing. That effectively gives you the remaining buttons, so I'm just arranging a control scheme to illustrate the room left over:

LT: Throw Grenade
RT: Fire Weapon
LB: Jump
RB: Melee Weapon
A:
B: Action / Reload
X:
Y: Switch Weapon
DPad ^
DPad > Switch Grenades
DPad v
DPad < Switch Grenades
RS: Aim, Zoom (Click)

That possibly still leaves you with at least four open buttons, not even counting the Start and Select buttons.
Which means X is free for a Hologram!
also no sprint kplsthx

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
All I see are filthy casuals in this thread and it's disgusting. Here's a mark of shame that the casuals can use as their avatars.
nqPu6WA.png

Thanks. Now I can fully embrace myself as a human bean.

edit: Double posts are for casuals, get at me.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Where's the sick controller graphic though?

Text no comprehendo.

This avatar is an affront to god.

Attention Frank, Josh, David, Tashi, Melad, Grizz:

I just had a BTB game that started us in a FFA. The voting options were CTF on Sidewinder, Assault on Rat's Nest, and BTB Slayer on Terminal. The vote timer was at 0:00 when we joined the lobby. We tried to vote, but it loaded up Terminal regardless. It started the match as an FFA. I'd say that this is a high priority bug. Starting matches uneven isn't good, but not even loading the right settings is definitely bigger.

Super weird. Can you PM me a link to that game session?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Attention Frank, Josh, David, Tashi, Melad, Grizz:

I just had a BTB game that started us in a FFA. The voting options were CTF on Sidewinder, Assault on Rat's Nest, and BTB Slayer on Terminal. The vote timer was at 0:00 when we joined the lobby. We tried to vote, but it loaded up Terminal regardless. It started the match as an FFA. I'd say that this is a high priority bug. Starting matches uneven isn't good, but not even loading the right settings is definitely bigger.

Just sent a mail on it. We'll look into, sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Wow, beaten by Frank. You think you're better than me or something bro?!

People only use this stupid setting because they're conditioned to relying on radar to know where the enemy is when the maps aren't even that large lol

Motion tracker is so. damn. terrible.
Ha motion tracker is pretty bad. Halo is conditioning people to depend on it rather than cultivating higher skilled players. When the NES came out and there was an endless stream of stupidly hard games like Battletoads and TMNT, kids had to suck it up and play the game. Didn't seem to be a problem back then, but now we're incapable of learning anything or dealing with challenges. Vegatable-potamuses be like, "spoon feed me my skill cap please."
honestly i can deal with motion tracker, but i prefer none

Karl2177

Just sent a mail on it. We'll look into, sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Wow, beaten by Frank. You think you're better than me or something bro?!
It's not that big of a deal. My roommate and I were super confused when we saw it was green and gray teams. Then we just started shooting at each other.
Super weird. Can you PM me a link to that game session?

PM away.

Impala26

You know what would be really cool? Is if we got Joe Staten to do a director's commentary on it and filmed it for Waypoint.

Holy cow if the Halo 2 Director's Commentary thing with Joe and Marty was anything to go off of....

Please if there's a God beyond us... let this happen.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You know what would be really cool? Is if we got Joe Staten to do a director's commentary on it and filmed it for Waypoint.

Don't even tease me like that. You'll be worse than high school sloots.

Omni

Isn't Joe Staten writing a Halo book or something this year?

I've lost track of all extended universe stuff as of late but I'll definitely be picking that up.

Akai__

Dodging the question with a tease. But yeah, that would be really cool. :p

Isn't Joe Staten writing a Halo book or something this year?

I've lost track of all extended universe stuff as of late but I'll definitely be picking that up.

There's a coupple of people writing short Novella's. Joe Staten and Frankie are one of them. Looking forward to it.

Plasma rifle starts on midship in a ranked playlist.

It's a thing in 2015.

SMG starts on Gemini is another one that often appears on the left vote block in ranked team slayer. Pretty sure these playlists aren't curated and are just native launch day game types from each respective game thrown into a random generator.

-Ryn

Banned
SMG and Plasma Rifle starts are like a bad hangover. Frustrating, filled with regret, and stuff gets sprayed all over the place.

Tawpgun

lore nerd wise, what comic, book, podcast, artwork, grafitti, sculpture, interpretive dance or other medium described how Halsey, Fred, and friends made it off Onyx and back into the UNSC?

Because I remember the Halo 4 opening cutscene confusing me.

lore nerd wise, what comic, book, podcast, artwork, grafitti, sculpture, interpretive dance or other medium described how Halsey, Fred, and friends made it off Onyx and back into the UNSC?

Halo: Glasslands. Novel.

It does so poorly. Fair warning.

tootsi666

Glasslands. It's a novel. I liked it, a lot of people didn't.

Edit. beaten

Impala26

Speaking of that cutscene, have we ever found out who exactly was interrogating Halsey?

Generic ONI Spook No. 3?

jem0208

I'm really excited for this weekends Hunt the Truth. I can't shower this series with enough praise.

I really don't know how Giraud is going to survive long enough to give us an episode every week up to E3 though.

I'm really excited for this weekends Hunt the Truth. I can't shower this series with enough praise.

I really don't know how Giraud is going to survive long enough to give us an episode every week up to E3 though.

He's probably going to go on the run soon. This coming episode, if I had to guess, with Pharaoh and M'Shak talking him through it. I hope Ryan and Petra tag along, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom