• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the note of this BR design, I never realised till now but I thought the BR design from the POV of the spartan looked a bit odd, like the little bit where you grip it is a bit too low but now I look over it again, I really like the new BR design.

Whats everyones opinion on the new weapon designs? Everything looks good (although I feel the pistol needs a bit of work to retain a bit more of that CE/3 retro design) except the Rockets, what they did with that is unacceptable.

I wish the BR had a scope, that's the extent of my opinion. :p

jem0208

attachment.php

On the note of this BR design, I never realised till now but I thought the BR design from the POV of the spartan looked a bit odd, like the little bit where you grip it is a bit too low but now I look over it again, I really like the new BR design.

Whats everyones opinion on the new weapon designs? Everything looks good (although I feel the pistol needs a bit of work to retain a bit more of that CE/3 retro design) except the Rockets, what they did with that is unacceptable.

I prefer the new red dot to the old scope.

Honestly the old design was really boring, super generic rifle. Actually looks somewhat sci fi now.

attachment.php

I like 'em on average. Think I prefer the H4 BR by a smidge, but that's because square scope > RDS.

inb4 people bitching about the rocket launcher (which is, admittedly, more boring.)

-Ryn

Banned

Honestly the old design was really boring, super generic rifle. Actually looks somewhat sci fi now.
The Rifles design itself certainly looks more "futurey" but I will always find the red dot scope less visually appealing on it.

Looks lame
:p

Anybody up for a few rounds of CE?
I'll play later if you're around.

Totally agree, and that extends to the gameplay imo. Halo 4 was the first Halo since CE where I was like "Alright, there's some COOL STUFF going on in this game.. Thank you 343." That was the moment I first saw the Light Rifle being formed, but other than that, nothing in the art styles or gameplay felt that fresh to me over the years. Maybe the H2 Sword and H3 Gravity Hammer, but I don't remember being as excited as I was when the Prometheans and their weapons were revealed.

Halo 5 though, now that gameplay feels fresh. Hopefully the art design gives off the same feeling.
I never leave. I actually read everything you crazy bastards post, but rarely comment myself. Probably in case I ever find myself agreeing with Jem on something, for example.
What have I done..

dwells

Your first statement contradicts your fourth. Your first statement is also backwards, it should be quitting's impact on ranking.
No, it's two separate things. The first statement is saying that ranked playlists seem to have affected the frequency at which people quit - more people will stick games out in ranked playlists. Which is good.

jem0208

I never leave. I actually read everything you crazy bastards post, but rarely comment myself. Probably in case I ever find myself agreeing with Jem on something, for example.
:(
The Rifles design itself certainly looks more "futurey" but I will always find the red dot scope less visually appealing on it.

Looks lame
:p

I just love how it looks like the BR has horns now. Then when you zoom in you have almost like a holo graph appearing inside.

The new ammo counter on the BR is goat as well.

I'll play later if you're around.

Totally agree, and that extends to the gameplay imo. Halo 4 was the first Halo since CE where I was like "Alright, there's some COOL STUFF going on in this game.. Thank you 343." That was the moment I first saw the Light Rifle being formed, but other than that, nothing in the art styles or gameplay felt that fresh to me over the years. Maybe the H2 Sword and H3 Gravity Hammer, but I don't remember being as excited as I was when the Prometheans and their weapons were revealed.

Halo 5 though, now that gameplay feels fresh. Hopefully the art design gives off the same feeling.

What have I done..

I really, really loved the looks of the Promethean weapons. It's a shame they were all pretty boring to use though.

-Ryn

Banned
What have I done..
When the great Gaurdians arrive, the weight of your sins will stay your feet. And you shall be left behind...
on the bad opinion train

I just love how it looks like the BR has horns now. Then when you zoom in you have almost like a holo graph appearing inside.

The new ammo counter on the BR is goat as well.
I definitely agree that the holo parts of it look kickass. Would love if those were integrated into a scope.

The Boltshot was fun to use, but not as a spawn weapon lol. They could have made it more interesting as a pickup, like gave it more range and combined it with the Scattershot properties of ricocheting bullets (no need for the Scattershot in the first place).

I want a Light Bow: a hardlight bow and arrow that when fully charged, it creates a red laser to appear as you track your targets, replacing the Binary Rifle as the Forerunner Sniper. Then make a Cerebral Bore-type weapon that tracks enemies over range. Would melt minds.

AlStrong

I want a Light Bow: a hardlight bow and arrow that when fully charged, it creates a red laser to appear as you track your targets, replacing the Binary Rifle as the Forerunner Sniper. Then make a Cerebral Bore-type weapon that tracks enemies over range. Would melt minds.

The industry has enough bows. :p

I like 'em on average. Think I prefer the H4 BR by a smidge, but that's because square scope > RDS.

inb4 people bitching about the rocket launcher (which is, admittedly, more boring.)

Rightfully so, it retains almost NOTHING from what the old rocket design had. The only thing which is similar is the way its held and the handle, really unacceptable and not respecting the art of the rocket which has been present in EVERY single Halo game whatsoever.

Apart from that (and thats a large distance) new designs are amazing, just fuck the rocket.

5DkrhzE.png

I mean are you kidding me, #FuckTheNewRockets

No but seriously, I cannot say it enough, fuck the new rockets.

Still haven't changed my mind about the new rockets, fuck them

Rightfully so, it retains almost NOTHING from what the old rocket design had. The only thing which is similar is the way its held and the handle, really unacceptable and not respecting the art of the rocket which has been present in EVERY single Halo game whatsoever.

Apart from that (and thats a large distance) new designs are amazing, just fuck the rocket.

5DkrhzE.png

I mean are you kidding me, #FuckTheNewRockets

No but seriously, I cannot say it enough, fuck the new rockets.

Still haven't changed my mind about the new rockets, fuck them

343 loves to do what Halo fans do no want.

Wasn't a huge fan of the new rocket launcher, but I was never all that bothered by it either. Bringing back the SPNKr as a legendary weapon made everything alright in my books either way.

Welfare

So one month since I last played and H2A is 4v4. Sweet. 6 months late, but sweet.

SMG starts in May 2015.

It's like 343 really don't care.

Who the fuck votes for Stowntown in 4v4? Hell, why is it even IN?!

-Ryn

Banned
The Boltshot was fun to use, but not as a spawn weapon lol. They could have made it more interesting as a pickup, like gave it more range and combined it with the Scattershot properties of ricocheting bullets (no need for the Scattershot in the first place).

I liked the idea behind the bolt shot but it's execution left MUCH to be desired.

As for the bow, it would need to look goddamn awesome when you fire it. We've got plenty of bows in shooters these days so if you're gonna put it in Halo, make it stand out with rule of cool so much that it's awesome AND practical.

On a side note, ound this interesting sniper design

343 loves to do what Halo fans do no want.
Which oddly ended up leading to some really cool things

I liked the idea behind the bolt shot but it's execution left MUCH to be desired.

As for the bow, it would need to look goddamn awesome when you fire it. We've got plenty of bows in shooters these days so if you're gonna put it in Halo, make it stand out with rule of cool so much that it's awesome AND practical.

On a side note, ound this interesting sniper design

Which oddly ended up leading to some really cool things

Looks like an updated version of the (lore-exclusive, before you begin wracking your brain) Gauss Rifle. Smexy.

Oh, and don't feed him.

-Ryn

Banned
Looks like an updated version of the (lore-exclusive, before you begin wracking your brain) Gauss Rifle. Smexy.

Oh, and don't feed him.
Yeah I was confused for a second so thanks for referencing it
and the advice lol
I guess we never did see it in the games.
Could be cool. Or exactly like the rail gun...

Really it could go either way.

Edit:

To clarify though the Railgun is way cool

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I actually don't think that's possible.

The Crossbolt beat you to it, buddy.

Computer

The hot fix has completely broken MCC. It is unplayable with a party. I have had so many glitches it is crazy. Crashing constantly, getting stuck after a game, getting kicked from the party, getting split up on teams, privacy settings error when trying to join people, screen flashing while searching. Glitches that they fixed before are back and worse then ever. The game worked perfectly fine for me before the update. It took a group of 3 over 30 mins to keep the party together and find our first game. I was put on the opposite team and then the game crashed. I love Halo I just want to play Halo.

Now Xbox Live is down.

Overdoziz

Banned
The hot fix has completely broken MCC. It is unplayable with a party. I have had so many glitches it is crazy. Crashing constantly, getting stuck after a game, getting kicked from the party, getting split up on teams, privacy settings error when trying to join people, screen flashing while searching. Glitches that they fixed before are back and worse then ever. The game worked perfectly fine for me before the update. It took a group of 3 over 30 mins to keep the party together and find our first game. I was put on the opposite team and then the game crashed. I love Halo I just want to play Halo.
"All online users that have played “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” between Nov. 11, 2014 and Dec. 19, 2014 will be eligible for the 1-month of Xbox Live Gold, an exclusive in-game nameplate and avatar, as well as the campaign for “Halo 3: ODST.”
"All online users that have played “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” between Nov. 11, 2014 and Dec. 19, 2014 will be eligible for the 1-month of Xbox Live Gold, an exclusive in-game nameplate and avatar, as well as the campaign for “Halo 3: ODST.”

Fracas

#fuckonami

Now Xbox Live is down.

A A A V I D E O G A M E S

You can preorder the Halo 5: Guardians $250 dick-in-a-box edition right now for exclusive in-game content!

Nowise10

Does anyone know what symbol that is for, on the butt of the Battle Rifle?

Cuz i am playing Halo 2 Anniversary, and in New Mombassa a large skyscraper has the same exact logo plastered on it, which seems pretty odd.

I haven't been able to get a MM game in over two weeks. Was hoping the hot fix would help, but it hasn't. Sigh...

Does anyone know what symbol that is for, on the butt of the Battle Rifle?

Cuz i am playing Halo 2 Anniversary, and in New Mombassa a large skyscraper has the same exact logo plastered on it, which seems pretty odd.
Manufacturer perhaps?...

It's the logo for Misriah Armory.

Nowise10

Halo wiki says they were only on "Eos Chasma" and "Sedra City". Plus it would be really weird for them to just have a building in New Mombassa.

I am assuming a designer just had a folder of all the graphic logos in Halo and chose that one. Maybe not, though.

Halo wiki says they were only on "Eos Chasma" and "Sedra City". Plus it would be really weird for them to just have a building in New Mombassa.

I am assuming a designer just had a folder of all the graphic logos in Halo and chose that one. Maybe not, though.

Probably. The wiki doesn't give all their locations though. Eos Chasma is where their main headquarters is located (I believe that's the location of the one Nightfall Second Story where Locke's team was at the firing range), and Sedra is mentioned in another Second Story, though it's ambiguous. I'm sure they have some Earth based locations.

The only arms manufacturer seen in game (to my knowledge) is Lethbridge Industrial. That's the main building we enter before the scarab fight, and the H2A version of Zanzibar shows their logo in the main base, though I don't believe that H2C intended for either location to be named/tied to a company.

Karl2177

The Halo wiki is severely outdated then. There was a logo for it in Reach also.

Also, it's what Duncan used for his own blog before being absorbed into the Louis Wu Gravemind.
http://misriahsolutions.com/

Nowise10

The only arms manufacturer seen in game (to my knowledge) is Lethbridge Industrial. That's the main building we enter before the scarab fight, and the H2A version of Zanzibar shows their logo in the main base, though I don't believe that H2C intended for either location to be named/tied to a company.

Lethbridge Industrial is practically everywhere now. Basically every DLC in Halo 4 had their logo on something, In Halo 2 Anniversary a handful of buildings and objects have their logo. In Halo Online, the Avalanche maps, the bases has the logo on them. The Spartan armor in Halo 4 and Halo 5, some variants were made by them. Seems really odd that creators of certain Spartan Armor, are also making civilian skyscrapers and objects.

Lethbridge Industrial is practically everywhere now. Basically every DLC in Halo 4 had their logo on something, In Halo 2 Anniversary a handful of buildings and objects have their logo. In Halo Online, the Avalanche maps, the bases has the logo on them. The Spartan armor in Halo 4 and Halo 5, some variants were made by them. Seems really odd that creators of certain Spartan Armor, are also making civilian skyscrapers and objects.

must be a huge conglomerate, and a competent one at that. I'm sure ONI/UNSC have deep wallets too which means not only are you getting a steady source of contracts, you're getting paid a load of money for it too.

now I want a small comic series on regular civie life in the halo universe. Kinda wonder what it's like being a cop or CEO in the halo universe.

Now Xbox Live is down.

I don't think it works all that well. My friends and I have been trying to play all night. We've managed a mere 4 games in nearly 2 hours. Every game, we have to have someone reset, or worse, hard reset. Some of us cant press B after a game to join the rest of us. Some of us have no-one on the roster. Some of us have static in place of graphic art for the game.

I just want to play Halo. Why is this so hard to fix? Why is it taking so long? Why does anyone think this is acceptable?

Gah. As a father, my game time is limited. I've spent half of it tonight sitting in a fucking lobby. Simply awful.

/Rant

#halo

#butts

What on earth is going on? Seriously. The excuse of "this didn't show up in our testing scenarios" doesn't have any ply any more.
Once it happens ye are supposed to have blown the door off whatever testing limits were available and make sure it doesn't happen again.

And we're ~180 days since the game came out. 6 months.

Ye have to drop that ODST / Relic deadline. Do it. It is a farce to limit it to December.

This continues to seem like a farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom