• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

I just love how it looks like the BR has horns now. Then when you zoom in you have almost like a holo graph appearing inside.

The new ammo counter on the BR is goat as well.

I really, really loved the looks of the Promethean weapons. It's a shame they were all pretty boring to use though.

I agree.

Godammit.

Madness

Why don't they just undo what they did in April, back to the March update and then sort out of the issue? Or were these same issues present after the March update? I literally have no desire to even try MCC again so I wouldn't know.

jem0208

Why don't they just undo what they did in April, back to the March update and then sort out of the issue? Or were these same issues present after the March update? I literally have no desire to even try MCC again so I wouldn't know.
That's exactly what they did according to the post except they kept ranks in.

The game is working as close to perfect as it I imagine it'll ever be for me now; matching is fast, skill matching is working and quitting is down. I still get laggy games but being in the UK means that's always going to happen. I really don't understand how it can be so inconsistent :/

Also, apparently they didn't touch the matchmaking with the hotfix. It was just doing stuff with party stability.

Also remember, if you're in the Xbox preview program, you need to delete the wireless display app and do a hard reset as it breaks the MCC.

So that new "hotfix" made the game worse for some people again?

Man this thing is really unfixiable... its a dead end at this point.

I expect only one more major Patch after the ODST&Relic Update.

So that new "hotfix" made the game worse for some people again?

Man this thing is really unfixiable... its a dead end at this point.

I expect only one more major Patch after the ODST&Relic Update.
Probably to fix whatever issues that will inevitably come from this Patch.

I really wish Microsoft would just issue a recall and be done with it, it's pretty apparent that it's never going to get fixed.

I don't blame anyone studio in particular,the scope of this project was way too ambitious And got out of hand very quickly. Microsoft is at fault for rushing this out the door and allowing it to still be in this state, 343 for outsourcing as much as they did, and all those other developers for doing a piss poor job.

MouldyK

The awkward moment when you play Splatoon for 2 hours and get:

- Stable Matches With No Lag.
- Even Teams.
- Quick Loadtimes.
- No Disconnects Or Quits.

Madness

Again, the other developers largely did what they were contracted for. Can you really blame Certain Affinity for anything? What about Blur? What about Saber Interactive? At best you can say United Front Games did a poor UI, wonky at times, but it works. The UI isn't the issue. Ruffian perhaps. There's a few issues with the H3/H4 campaign ports, ie. untracked build error etc.

But again, those games are largely functional. Where the game completely falls apart is on 343's end. They do final approval, they do QA and testing, they make sure the games all work, that the UI matches up with the campaigns, the games. That MCC works before it ships. It's not the individual developers' fault if the game is just a mess. They were probably contracted to do the work and then hand it back to 343.

Edit: I'm in agreement a product recall is necessary. This game is a lemon and has been from day one. Nothing can ever make up for it. It's best to recall the game, get as many discs back, maybe re-release it in the future if it's ever working the way it's supposed t be. 5 months and change till Halo 5 launch, I'm not even sure it's worth it to fix MCC. Gonna be a ghost town soon, more so than it already is.

MouldyK

Parties are coming in an August update for Splatoon. 4v4 that's party against party.

Should be there at launch, but they're aware.

And Friend Battles - also in August, this will allow you into a lobby with 7 other friends for custom online matches.

I mean the 5 Starter Maps and 2 Rotating every 4 hours annoy me, but Free Maps throughout the Summer seem fair.

Ghazi

No parties

MCC doesn't either.

What on earth is going on? Seriously. The excuse of "this didn't show up in our testing scenarios" doesn't have any ply any more.
Once it happens ye are supposed to have blown the door off whatever testing limits were available and make sure it doesn't happen again.

And we're ~180 days since the game came out. 6 months.

Ye have to drop that ODST / Relic deadline. Do it. It is a farce to limit it to December.

This continues to seem like a farce.

It most certainly is, at this point.

Akai__

slKYyOs.png

I was bored.

Haruko

Also remember, if you're in the Xbox preview program, you need to delete the wireless display app and do a hard reset as it breaks the MCC.

Bumping this. It affects other titles as well, not just MCC.

Only problem I had last night with games after deleting said app, was that our party got split onto both teams on two occasions in Team Slayer. Which, now that it's ranked, is quite annoying.

MCC still isn't fully functional and the last patch made things worse for some people.

In other the news the sky is blue and water is wet.

I'm expecting ODST to plain not work, at this point. As much as I want to replay that game, and Reach, porting them over to an already clearly unstable framework seems like a waste of resources.

RowdyReverb

I wonder if they keep hitting snags when putting 16 players in one game and that's why they still haven't upped the player count in BTB. It surely must be more complicated than just changing a couple numbers if it's taking this long

I'm expecting ODST to plain not work, at this point. As much as I want to replay that game, and Reach, porting them over to an already clearly unstable framework seems like a waste of resources.

I don't want ODST to be broken like the other 4, but this is pretty much my expectation. It's a shame this game is still almost as broken as it was when it launched. I mean, it's slightly better due to the more recent updates, but it's still nowhere near an acceptable state. I haven't even touched my Xbone since the beta because the only game I got is MCC and I've been waiting on that to get fully fixed. I don't have any more games because nothing else really interests me.

At least there's Guardians to look forward to. A lot more stable, and I really had fun with the beta, despite my disliking ADS and Sprint.

I don't want ODST to be broken like the other 4, but this is pretty much my expectation. It's a shame this game is still almost as broken as it was when it launched. I mean, it's slightly better due to the more recent updates, but it's still nowhere near an acceptable state. I haven't even touched my Xbone since the beta because the only game I got is MCC and I've been waiting on that to get fully fixed. I don't have any more games because nothing else really interests me.

At least there's Guardians to look forward to. A lot more stable, and I really had fun with the beta, despite my disliking ADS and Sprint.

Its not as broken at the start, the past few weeks I've been playing online non stop few hours a day and I've been finding plenty of games and 80% of the time balanced teams. When I first bought MCC that NEVER happened and I had to stick to campaign for a long time.

Its not as broken at the start, the past few weeks I've been playing online non stop few hours a day and I've been finding plenty of games and 80% of the time balanced teams. When I first bought MCC that NEVER happened and I had to stick to campaign for a long time.

I haven't played since like late Feb., but I'll take your word for it.

The Halo wiki is severely outdated then. There was a logo for it in Reach also.

Also, it's what Duncan used for his own blog before being absorbed into the Louis Wu Gravemind.
http://misriahsolutions.com/

I think all if not most of the fictional arms manufacturers are named after popular Halo players.

Lethbridge Industrial is practically everywhere now. Basically every DLC in Halo 4 had their logo on something, In Halo 2 Anniversary a handful of buildings and objects have their logo. In Halo Online, the Avalanche maps, the bases has the logo on them. The Spartan armor in Halo 4 and Halo 5, some variants were made by them. Seems really odd that creators of certain Spartan Armor, are also making civilian skyscrapers and objects.

Forgot all about their appearance in 4. And it's not too suprising. The Halo Universe is almost one giant military industrial complex. During both the Covenant War and Insurrectionists War, I imagine those companies are some of the few manufacturers still operating.

Doesn't the game always perform badly on patch days? I think with every patch people have claimed so, hopefully it's better today with more people downloading the patch.

jem0208

Doesn't the game always perform badly on patch days? I think with every patch people have claimed so, hopefully it's better today with more people downloading the patch.
Yup. It always does.

There's also the issue with preview members that not everyone seems to realise. This hotfix shouldn't actually affect matchmaking as well. It's only meant to apply to party stability apparently.

For me the game is working pretty much perfectly though...

Yup. It always does.

There's also the issue with preview members that not everyone seems to realise. This hotfix shouldn't actually affect matchmaking as well. It's only meant to apply to party stability apparently.

For me the game is working pretty much perfectly though...

Yup it's working fine just checked, I fail to see how a tiny 98MB hot fix would make matchmaking unplayable as some are saying. It's probably just because as the patch rolls out it makes it difficult to find a game but after a day its gone.

I'm still flummoxed, nay, bewildered at how we're still playing the old maps in Halo 3. What the fuck are flares and radar jammers doing on them? Why am I starting with an AR and Pistol?

Stupid game. Never playing it again.

I'll be online in around 30 minutes if anyone would like to jump on and dong?

I'm still flummoxed, nay, bewildered at how we're still playing the old maps in Halo 3. What the fuck are flares and radar jammers doing on them? Why am I starting with an AR and Pistol?

Stupid game. Never playing it again.

I'll be online in around 30 minutes if anyone would like to jump on and dong?

I'll be online for a while, usually hit up H2A games if you wanna party up. GT: Wollveren. I warn you, the past 2 days I've been playing like an idiot.

jelly

Is there any chance 343 have some secret team working on an overhaul of MCC, campaigns, online, UI etc. but that obviously takes to time and the monthly patches are just hoping for the best. At this point, do they need to redo it or at least replace and rework major parts instead of a hopeful patch on a bad base?

Karl2177

At some point today, I'm going to hop on Halo 3 360, to take a look at all of the latest versions of the maps. Planning on just doing Social Slayer (and maybe BTB if there are more than 40 players in it) to get the widest range of maps. If anyone wants to join, feel free.

FyreWulff

At some point today, I'm going to hop on Halo 3 360, to take a look at all of the latest versions of the maps. Planning on just doing Social Slayer (and maybe BTB if there are more than 40 players in it) to get the widest range of maps. If anyone wants to join, feel free.

I -might- be able to join, but if you can, could you be sure to save the maps as you see them?

Need them for a project. You won't need to get them onto your fileshare as long as you have a free USB drive.

Karl2177

I -might- be able to join, but if you can, could you be sure to save the maps as you see them?

Need them for a project. You won't need to get them onto your fileshare as long as you have a free USB drive.
Yeah. I'm probably going to start in an hour or so. I have to go through all of my flash drives and figure out which ones are used for what, and my 360 UI isn't the fastest anymore.

One thing that annoys me about H2A is no bleed through, I feel the melee is based on momentum but it's still extremely stupid. Does H2 C have bleed through and/or momentum based melee?

FyreWulff

One thing that annoys me about H2A is no bleed through, I feel the melee is based on momentum but it's still extremely stupid. Does H2 C have bleed through and/or momentum based melee?

H2C has bleed through, and melee damage changes based on momentum but also if you're jumping.

Yeah. I'm probably going to start in an hour or so. I have to go through all of my flash drives and figure out which ones are used for what, and my 360 UI isn't the fastest anymore.

k i'll toss you a PM with deets

FyreWulff

Has a momentum based system existed in all games? I don't recall it existing in reach or 4. Don't remember the others.

H1, H2, H3, H4 all have bleedthrough.

Reach was the only Halo that didn't have bleedthrough. The TU added it to the TU gametypes but it was removed later for multiple reasons.

H2 also gave you stronger melee depending on objectives being carried, and certain weapons like the brute shot. H3/Reach/H4 has the stronger objectives melee too.

Just had the best game on Stonetown ever, possible of all time in Halo history, it was close entire time, had fair amount of power weapon control distributed well, nice warthog action and a mic user with me.

Fuck when Halo is good... it so good.

giphy.gif

Ghazi

Just had the best game on Stonetown ever, possible of all time in Halo history, it was close entire time, had fair amount of power weapon control distributed well, nice warthog action and a mic user with me.

giphy.gif
"Highs better than lows"
-Tawpgun on the topic of MCC, 2015

jem0208

This isn't really relevant however you just reminded me of something about the H5 beta.

I had more close matches in that 3 week beta than I've had in all the other games I've played in Halo combined. Almost every match was within 5-10 kills. I had a bunch of games which were within 1 or 2 kills and they were awesome. It was crazy how good the skill matching was for me.

"Highs better than lows"
-Tawpgun on the topic of MCC, 2015
Yup, it's in the book:
Matchmaking
The true enemy of Halo.
by FUNKNOWN iXi
Clip
Art by Wahrer​

Release Date: TBA

BONUS: Preorder now to receive the highly exclusive Opinion Column by jem and The H3 Kids. Starring Tawpgun, Karl, Ramirez and Henery.

I should Kickstart this.
Stretch Goals!

ExWife n Frans including:
A How-To Guide on Stylin' by Eugn
One-Liners for DUMMIES by biggy
Wall scroll of ExWife hand-drawn by daedalius (video w/ commentary included)​

This isn't really relevant however you just reminded me of something about the H5 beta.

I had more close matches in that 3 week beta than I've had in all the other games I've played in Halo combined. Almost every match was within 5-10 kills. I had a bunch of games which were within 1 or 2 kills and they were awesome. It was crazy how good the skill matching was for me.

First sentence is a bit hyperbole, but I agree that I felt that games were much closer in 5 than in previous games. I actually liked that.

And the difficulty ramped up accordingly when you ranked up. Felt good, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom