• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
First sentence is a bit hyperbole, but I agree that I felt that games were much closer in 5 than in previous games. I actually liked that.

And the difficulty ramped up accordingly when you ranked up. Felt good, man.

my issue was skill levels sorta over lapped one another to the point where if you're slightly above average (my case) you're going to get put with the guys that are way above average because they didn't quite make the cut into onyx territory.

Me and 3 other friends are pretty good on our own but after we hit gold 2 we pretty much had to party up when ever we wanted to play.

my issue was skill levels sorta over lapped one another to the point where if you're slightly above average (my case) you're going to get put with the guys that are way above average because they didn't quite make the cut into onyx territory.

Me and 3 other friends are pretty good on our own but after we hit gold 2 we pretty much had to party up when ever we wanted to play.

That was my issue towards the end. You kind of reach this halfway house in ranks that can be a real struggle to get out of with randoms. Hopefully with a bigger player pool and some more tweaking it won't be so bad.

jem0208

First sentence is a bit hyperbole, but I agree that I felt that games were much closer in 5 than in previous games. I actually liked that.

And the difficulty ramped up accordingly when you ranked up. Felt good, man.

It probably is a bit hyperbole... however I played a good 100-200 games in the H5 beta and probably a good 50% of them were really close.

Computer

I don't think it works all that well. My friends and I have been trying to play all night. We've managed a mere 4 games in nearly 2 hours. Every game, we have to have someone reset, or worse, hard reset. Some of us cant press B after a game to join the rest of us. Some of us have no-one on the roster. Some of us have static in place of graphic art for the game.

I just want to play Halo. Why is this so hard to fix? Why is it taking so long? Why does anyone think this is acceptable?

Gah. As a father, my game time is limited. I've spent half of it tonight sitting in a fucking lobby. Simply awful.

/Rant

#halo

#butts

This so much

I am a full time dad, full time college student, and have a full time job. I really look forward to when I can forget about everything and play Halo. Now that feels like a job in its self trying to make it function enough to get a few games during my limited time. I had the exact same issues as you. After every single match I could not back out of the report until the game kicked me from my party. Then I could not re join them due some glitch that says its the other players privacy settings. The only way to fix it was to quit the build or hard reset. Even then it would take about 10 attempts to get back into the party. I have to say the Xbox One is the worst console I have ever owned. Its not just MCC issues. The entire OS is complete shit in every way. Its takes like 5 mins for the party app to open if it does not crash trying to do so. Oh and dont go to the dash board while playing MCC. You will still be in the party but wont be able to hear anyone until you leave and rejoin. it can also make the game crash while loading a map.

daedalius

Yup, it's in the book:

Stretch Goals!

ExWife n Frans including:
A How-To Guide on Stylin' by Eugn
One-Liners for DUMMIES by biggy
Wall scroll of ExWife hand-drawn by daedalius (video w/ commentary included)

I'll draw him like one of Jack's French girls.

MCC is a nightmare for dads confirmed, I can attest. Spending my gaming time in a lobby waiting is amazing.

Why do I always get an invite to a party to play with some guys when I plan to get off ;~;

Really liked these guys, great callouts and everything.

Now I get to clock in for a 8 hour shift :c

I'm still flummoxed, nay, bewildered at how we're still playing the old maps in Halo 3. What the fuck are flares and radar jammers doing on them? Why am I starting with an AR and Pistol?

Stupid game. Never playing it again.

I'll be online in around 30 minutes if anyone would like to jump on and dong?

I had to google flummoxed to see if it was a real word.

You're off the hook this time.

Blueblur1

no, the momentum stuff thankfully died in H2

I didn't remember it until I played H2 MP in MCC. Man, what a bummer that crap is. I'm glad that it's totally gone.

And regarding bleed through, I'm so glad it came back. It's one of the few things that was included in Halo 4 that I appreciated.

I'm replaying Quarantine Zone on H2A and noticing how similar some of the areas feel to patrol locations in Destiny. For instance, there are areas where you run in and out of old, crashed ships, much like on Destiny's Earth. There are also areas with big, glowing pits that hold a similar aesthetic to the Hive regions on the Moon. The end of the prior level, Sacred Icon, where you defend an area against waves of attackers with AI teammates feels just like one of the Public Events defending against the Hive. There are even caves from which numerous Flood spawn.
Maybe I'm losing my mind, but it's a moment in the game where you can really feel the shared roots of the two games.

Bonus insanity: the Ark was originally supposed to be on the moon, and Quarantine Zone re-uses geometry that was originally going to be used there in one of the later levels.

Like I said, Destiny is basically what Bungie really wanted Halo to be.

jem0208

The biggest problem with the game now is the complete lack of an objective playlist.

I've played 115 games of H2A and 99 of them have been slayer.

I just want to capture some flags!

Imagine if Microsoft didn't own the rights to Halo? lol

We probably would have never seen another Halo game, at least not for a long time.

Say what you want about 343, at least what we got from them is better than Destiny.

Bonus insanity: the Ark was originally supposed to be on the moon, and Quarantine Zone re-uses geometry that was originally going to be used there in one of the later levels.

Imagine if Microsoft didn't own the rights to Halo? lol

We probably would have never seen another Halo game, at least not for a long time. All that talk back then about "milking the franchise" when it was only on a 3-year dev cycle. Sure that was because of the era back then, but fans were nuts imo for thinking a sequel every 3 years to such a successful and beloved game was milking Halo. Now all people want is more Halo and we can't even get a
Halo Wars 2.

EDIT:
Say what you want about 343, at least what we got from them is better than Destiny.
Personally, I'm glad TMCC exists, terrible launch and all. At some point in the
probably very distant
future they will have this fully functional, and when that time comes it'll continue to satisfy those itches we all get because we know they will come.

The biggest problem with the game now is the complete lack of an objective playlist.

I just want them to make 4 playlist browsers similar to Reach. One for each game. Have each game have 3 options. Rumble pit, big team and basic 4v4s. Within those three gametypes have the objective choice be the far left every time. Seeing as they're never gonna make a tie breakers at least give objective some weight by making it the first choice.

What is that like 12 playlists? Add a "Action Sack" playlist for snipers/swat/infection etc and wham! Perfect (or at least much better) playlist options.

And no more of that multigame playlist horseshit where we have to play the Halo games we don't want to.

I just want them to make 4 playlist browsers similar to Reach. One for each game. Have each game have 3 options. Rumble pit, big team and basic 4v4s. Within those three gametypes have the objective choice be the far left every time. Seeing as they're never gonna make a tie breakers at least give objective some weight by making it the first choice.

What is that like 12 playlists? Add a "Action Sack" playlist for snipers/swat/infection etc and wham! Perfect (or at least much better) playlist options.

And no more of that multigame playlist horseshit where we have to play the Halo games we don't want to.
I feel like that would require reformatting the UI. But yeah, cross game needs to leave

Really? I knew Bungie wanted to take you to the moon at some point and that the Portal was originally the Ark, but I don't think I've ever heard that the Ark was supposed to be on the Moon.

I noticed when I watch streamers Championship Series, they get a lot of objective modes. Try that game type.

Is it just me or when I go into BTB the quality of players just goes down, to some of the stupidest, worst and most horrible players Halo has ever seen. I literally just pulled this triple kill by running around a small bit of the map and melee-ing and nading the wall whilst sprinting around.

http://xboxclips.com/Wollveren/ea989dcb-c983-4356-bd75-5b0e9f4c27ab

I love BTB players.

But just gotta remind you all #FuckTheNewRockets

Kssio_Aug

After their last minor update (65mb?) they heavily improved the matchmaking or I'm just being more lucky?

The last 4 matches I played found games pretty fast, even when lacking 1 player it was able to find it right away. I don't know but it seems improved.

After their last minor update (65mb?) they heavily improved the matchmaking or I'm just being more lucky?

The last 4 matches I played found games pretty fast, even when lacking 1 player it was able to find it right away. I don't know but it seems improved.

Pretty sure all the hotfix did was address a couple party bugs.

I'd really like a H2A version of Midship. I love Halo 2 classic, but I think it'd round out the Anniversary maps. Shame they didn't do it because of Halo 5 as it plays far differently.

Hotfix didn't affect matchmaking as a whole, just some party related issues. The rest of matchmaking has been working fine and pretty fast for the past few months I believe (since March/April?). Theres obviously still problems with ranking and occasionally an uneven team to start with (and obviously the glitches).

But all in all, I've played over 50 games past few days (and some of those times I was partied up with 1-2 other people) and I've had very little issues.

I feel like that would require reformatting the UI. But yeah, cross game needs to leave

Yeah, I understand it's too much work at this point. Lord knows theres enough patches as is. Whatevs, ill just stick to my Halo 4 playlist. I just wish there was big team and rumble for each game. Legendary rumble without my thruster just feels wrong.

TCKaos

So has anyone actually made a forge map and played customs in this yet? It's been like seven months and I don't know of an instance of this happening.

Five more months and mcc will just have been a bad memory.

Which is such a shame. I was really looking forward to all the old school fans going back to Halo 2 for the 4th time and telling everyone how Halo 5 isn't really Halo.

Weird how a lot of people really seemed to like the Beta and with the MCC having such prolonged issues the reverse may happen.

Which is such a shame. I was really looking forward to all the old school fans going back to Halo 2 for the 4th time and telling everyone how Halo 5 isn't really Halo.

Weird how a lot of people really seemed to like the Beta and with the MCC having such prolonged issues the reverse may happen.

But Halo 2 A MP is working fine now so load that stuff up and get your memories.

singhr1

Did you want Halo 5 not to feel like Halo? Because "looking forward to... telling everyone how Halo 5 isnt really halo" implies you wanted MCC to be the last "halo" game.

We gonna be playing ODST (MCC) in a week or two, yeah?

I'm gonna lean towards the two weeks.

Did you want Halo 5 not to feel like Halo? Because "looking forward to... telling everyone how Halo 5 isnt really halo" implies you wanted MCC to be the last "halo" game.

I'm gonna lean towards the two weeks.

Not at all. But some of my favorite things in the Halo series were added in Reach or onwards. Nothing beats the sword addition in Halo 2 sure, but I've enjoyed the newer editions of Halo multiplayer.

And what I was attempting to say was had the MCC come out in working from I wouldn't have been surprised to see those old school Halo fans making comments upon Halo 5s release stating it wasn't really Halo. (ala Reach/4) But due to this release I think we lost a lot of legacy players and everyone that remains seems pretty stoked for 5. Thus it's the opposite of what I had foreseen.

But Halo 2 A MP is working fine now so load that stuff up and get your memories.

Which is fine I enjoy H2 occasionally. My complaint was that if you do get Halo 4 in rumble that it's the legendary variant. Which removes my thruster, and I love that thruster.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

1sxAD5O.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom