• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computron

I wonder what the reaction will be like if it turns out that ODST Campaign is glitchier than all the others... That or the DLC delivery fails... Or the multiplayer map has framerate issues and never shows up in MM...

hopefully none of that happens but I dont know if I would find that surprising...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
quoted for truth, come on dude

ecCEQ04.gif

RowdyReverb

I wonder what the reaction will be like if it turns out that ODST Campaign is glitchier than all the others... That or the DLC delivery fails... Or the multiplayer map has framerate issues and never shows up in MM...

hopefully none of that happens but I dont know if I would find that surprising...
The reaction will be of sadness, disappointment, and a lot of people who "saw it coming". Like the reaction to hearing the news of the passing of an old man with a terminal illness. I think the positive impact from it releasing in good shape would actually be stronger than the negative impact if it was buggy at this point.

Also, I think the game will be intensely scrutinized for bugs and people will proudly rush to post their screen caps of said bugs to confirm what they had expected all along. Even if the campaign isn't any more buggy than most games, you can count on hearing about its ugly spots.

The biggest problem with the game now is the complete lack of an objective playlist.

I've played 115 games of H2A and 99 of them have been slayer.

I just want to capture some flags!
LTTP and know that I'm a married family man... I've now got a huge man-crush on you :) Fucking oath an objective playlist over ranked slayer shite. Any day now.

Also I want to see MCC given out for free with H5 and all in the one interface with a few H5 only playlists. Yes I'm crazy.

darthbob

I was going to make a joke about it failing certification, but the last two patches (hell, the game exists) exist, so it would be very, very sad to see that be the case.

Hmph, I could easily see ODST getting pushed another month due to cert. :(

-Ryn

Banned
Headhunter was one of the best objective game types in Halo and you can't prove me wrong.
1. Invasion
2. CTF
3. Assault
4. Headhunter
5. Oddbase Swordball

Juggernaut is fun at parties
King of the hill is that one guy who gathers a crowd while chugging a keg
Hot Potato is Oddballs hot cousin
Infection and Grifball are doin the dance in the other room
VIP brings all the alcohol
Jenga Tower is the guy doing back flips off the porch

Lava Pit owns the beach house

m23

How was Halo 5's strafe and movement speed in comparison to previous Halos? Having a hard time remembering.

It was okay... I think they're upping the movement speed and strafe acceleration so it should be better at release.

Halo 4 is most definitely better than Destiny.

(I wasn't referring to the MCC btw)
Oh halo 4. Ok. I still don't agree, but that's just because I like destiny. Carry on.

I checked the last couple of pages and didn't see this posted.

Does anyone remember Half-Life Full-life Consequences? Well a quick recap, its a machinma series made by Djy1991 that ran from 2008-2010 that was a parody of fan fiction in the Half Life series, you can check out the first episode here.

Now 5 years after the last episode was made, Djy1991 now named ICTON has started a new series and you can probably guess what its about:
http://youtu.be/RKYKXAakmuw

Enjoy the adventures of Joe Chief and the Halos in Space!

jem0208

jem how the fuck are you still not on my ignore list with statements like these

Because I'm a nice person who makes avatar banners? :3

Honestly though H4 is better than Destiny.

Does anyone remember Stockpile? That was quite a fun game in the Reach beta. I don't think I ever played it in the actual game though.

There was Squad Slayer. One of the DLC-only playlists was basically Squad Battle from Halo 3, though.

I remember playing CTF on tempest mixed with slayer games and Assault. Figured it was Squad battle.

Remember some people here being annoyed when it went.

I miss playing Halo Reach, Never figured I'd say that.

Really not something that can be stated objectively on both sides.
When I thought he was referring to MCC (especially launch state MCC), yes, it can be objectively stated that destiny was better purely from a functionality standpoint. Most games were, simply because they worked.

Omni

Because I'm a nice person who makes avatar banners? :3

Honestly though H4 is better than Destiny.

Does anyone remember Stockpile? That was quite a fun game in the Reach beta. I don't think I ever played it in the actual game though.

That and headhunter were great. Too bad the objective playlist in Reach died

FyreWulff

I remember playing CTF on tempest mixed with slayer games and Assault. Figured it was Squad battle.

Remember some people here being annoyed when it went.

I miss playing Halo Reach, Never figured I'd say that.

It had a pretty decent population, then they added Anniversary to get into the playlist and it pretty much killed it at that point, because Anniversary owners wanted to play the ~4 or 5 dedicated playlists instead of the one that had two other DLC pack req'd that the Anni Disc owners didn't even have the option of buying.

35$ to play a Reach playlist, rip in pisces

He's not wrong, tho. Even at launch, H4 multi > Destiny multi. Legendary settings post turbo update? Not even a question.

I'd rather deal with nova bombs, golden guns, and fist of panics over random ordnance drops and instant respawns. But I like Destiny and really halo Halo 4 so it's probably just me lol

FyreWulff

did you even speedpile and speedflag

loved using evade to cross one third of hemorrhage

Aw yeah. It made that gametype pretty damn awesome and about breaking the flag cap launchers.

unfortunately we lost it when they batch-removed evade from all gametypes across every playlist minus Living Dead, so all the Action Sack gametypes built around having evade lost evade

I'd rather deal with nova bombs, golden guns, and fist of panics over random ordnance drops and instant respawns. But I like Destiny and really halo Halo 4 so it's probably just me lol

To be fair, both Halo 4 and Destiny's multiplayer are kinda shitty. Both have a good basis but add too much superfluous and annoying bullshit to make it fun in the long-term, at least for me.

Karl2177

To be fair, both Halo 4 and Destiny's multiplayer are kinda shitty. Both have a good basis but add too much superfluous and annoying bullshit to make it fun in the long-term, at least for me.

I'm hoping Trials of Osiris is as good as it looks. The big thing for me will be getting teammates that have a set of PvP gear.

You know the ordnance drops/ random drops are long gone right? Instant respawns too, it's the good old four seconds in MCC. Halo 4 has come a long way, and it's a much better game than ever now.

jem0208

Honestly, the lack of gamemodes alone is enough for H4 multiplayer to be better.

Seriously, how did Bungie go from the almost overload of interesting gamemodes in Reach to what is essentially a bunch of slayer variants? What were the multiplayer designers doing in the 4 years it took for them to make Destiny?

H4 at launch > Destiny

H4 in the MCC with no ordnance drops, better maps and no instant respawns >>>>>>>> Destiny

Karl2177

You know the ordnance drops/ random drops are long gone right? Instant respawns too, it's the good old four seconds in MCC. Halo 4 has come a long way, and it's a much better game than ever now.

Depending on which gametype you get. "Big Team Slayer" and "BTB Slayer" are two different gametypes and one has custom loadouts with set on-map pickups, while the other has set loadouts and random ordnance. The one with custom loadouts also has instant respawns. Not knowing the exact details of the gametype is one reason why I won't vote Halo 4 in MCC.

Played a bit of Halo this morning.

Assault on the Control Room is still one of the best levels in the entire series. That last stretch when you come out on the bridge, the hunters are on the other bridge shooting at you, elites are swarming everywhere, and the music kicks in goddamn.

Then I decided to play multiplayer. Tried SWAT for 10 minutes. No game found. Tried H2A for 10 minutes. No game found.

Looks like Halo goes back to the digital shelf.

Oh I know. I played a couple games of turbo, but things like bad maps, obnoxious announcer, boring weapons, forge maps, and poor playlist management are things that can't be fixed.

Honestly, the lack of gamemodes alone is enough for H4 multiplayer to be better.

Seriously, how did Bungie go from the almost overload of interesting gamemodes in Reach to what is essentially a bunch of slayer variants? What were the multiplayer designers doing in the 4 years it took for them to make Destiny?

H4 at launch > Destiny

H4 in the MCC with no ordnance drops, better maps and no instant respawns >>>>>>>> Destiny

Like most things in Destiny, things probably got cut or drastically overhauled late in development. It's no excuse for basically 4 variations of slayer and one objective with no custom games though. The reality is most people don't play the objective and just go for kills anyways, but options are nice.

My dislike of Halo 4 comes from pre-release bullshit, and being incredibly disappointed with the finished product. I was excited for Destiny because Bungie, but this was Halo 4. HALO 4! After 4 years we'd be able to play as the MC again!

And what do we get? A boring campaign with a confusing story, a multiplayer that uses Call of Duty elements, neutered custom games, Forge 2.1, and no firefight. Not to mention file shares were broken at launch. And the turbo update took forever to come out. And then we get MCC. But hey at least Halo 4 is kind of okay now, and MCC is held together with gum and paperclips!!

(Not directed at you Blue, just how I feel about the franchise+343 ATM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom