• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Fuck I cant stop playing SWAT. Thats all I play.

Halo 4 SWAT > Halo 2 and Halo 3 MP combine.

Come at me bitches.

-Ryn

Banned
Lol. No, but I liked when Master Chief got undressed.
asslands.jpg

Fuck I cant stop playing SWAT. Thats all I play.

Halo 4 SWAT > Halo 2 and Halo 3 MP combine.

Come at me bitches.
Halo Reach SWAT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all other SWATs

Cool montage Gringo, it just gave me the urge to shoot the Halo 5 AR. Feels good to have a useful automatic in a Halo game. Really hoping they nailed the Magnum.

Depending on which gametype you get. "Big Team Slayer" and "BTB Slayer" are two different gametypes and one has custom loadouts with set on-map pickups, while the other has set loadouts and random ordnance. The one with custom loadouts also has instant respawns. Not knowing the exact details of the gametype is one reason why I won't vote Halo 4 in MCC.

Yknow I haven't seen the instant spawn in any Halo 4 games. But I stay out of big team these days due to being multi game. But every non big team variety I've played had the turbo goodness.

The few instances I've gotten big team H4 I only seem to get legendary, which is god awful when I'm used to the 360 variant with the weirder perks. I'm the only one who will say this I'm sure, but I really enjoyed the survivor perk, shame they somehow left that out of MCC. I want infinity settings if I'm playing Halo 4s big team.

Oh I know. I played a couple games of turbo, but things like bad maps, obnoxious announcer, boring weapons, forge maps, and poor playlist management are things that can't be fixed.

Annoying announcer I understand but I enjoy quite a few of Halo 4s maps. And why do you not like the weapons? Besides the boltshot what feels unbalanced to you?

Tawpgun

Yknow I haven't seen the instant spawn in any Halo 4 games. But I stay out of big team these days due to being multi game. But every non big team variety I've played had the turbo goodness.

The few instances I've gotten big team H4 I only seem to get legendary, which is god awful when I'm used to the 360 variant with the weirder perks. I'm the only one who will say this I'm sure, but I really enjoyed the survivor perk, shame they somehow left that out of MCC. I want infinity settings if I'm playing Halo 4s big team.

Annoying announcer I understand but I enjoy quite a few of Halo 4s maps. And why do you not like the weapons? Besides the boltshot what feels unbalanced to you?

bugsjpg.png

CliQ

I'm really looking forward to breakout. I just hope they remove the rifles though. I feel like it would play a little better knowing you aren't going to get cross mapped trying to get a view of enemy.

Also BTB! I want a vehicle like the pelican that can drop off about 4-5 people.

SaganIsGOAT

I'm really looking forward to breakout. I just hope they remove the rifles though. I feel like it would play a little better knowing you aren't going to get cross mapped trying to get a view of enemy.

Agreed on the no rifles in breakout idea.

ElRenoRaven

Hmm. I have to say 343 I give you guys a ton of shit about things but I have to give props for Hunt the Truth. This last episode was really interesting.

Evasive maneuvers like the Banshee but without offensive capabilities. Add a Divebomb self-destruct so you can quickly eject and use it as a bomb as your teammates jump out into enemy territory. The explosion would be slightly larger than the radius of a Rocket, on a 3 minute respawn timer.

singhr1

Keep in mind it's the first montage vid I have ever made. And enjoy the 1080p goodness
even though it was a 720p game :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyGO0dQUlko

That's great. Lol @ that double double kill early in the montage.

I'm still interested in what 343 is doing with the supposed cloud computing they are using. Are they going the Titanfall route for AI enemies, maybe for a firefight/co-op mode? Maybe AI teamates and enemies like Titanfall for the BTB mode?

Hmm. I have to say 343 I give you guys a ton of shit about things but I have to give props for Hunt the Truth. This last episode was really interesting.

I've been saying that forever. They may make bad, stinky, unfinished games, and their pr has been questionable at best, but their writers and world builders are top notch, going all the back to Legends. So props to those people on that team. Only thing I'm looking forward to about Halo 5, really. I've already begun preparing the bleach and plenty paper towels for the part of my wall that will be stained from my mind exploding all over it.

CliQ

Evasive maneuvers like the Banshee but without offensive capabilities. Add a Divebomb self-destruct so you can quickly eject and use it as a bomb as your teammates jump out into enemy territory. The explosion would be slightly larger than the radius of a Rocket, on a 3 minute respawn timer.

I would like that very much.

dwells

They don't give a damn. They outsource patching to the lowest bidder and tell us all about how top men are working on it and the reason we don't hear from Dan is because he was so busy he literally didn't even have a moment to tweet or surface in any way. Then we get another haphazardly hacked together "patch" pushed out to further the illusion that progress is being made. It's harsh, but it's also the truth. It's been over six months now, and not even a recall or refund program.

Yet there's tons of people in this thread just waiting for their next opportunity to throw money at a company that has no qualms with taking hundreds of millions of dollars from fans of the franchise.

I honestly don't get it.

So we still don't know what's in the box? Looks like it's the special edition with an additional statue.

That's just an offer to throw in an additional $10 (or whatever, Italy's funny money) to get a Spartan Locke action figure with your LCE. Statue remains unknown.

EDIT: oh, you mean in terms of content? Yeah, the LCE is just the LE with a statue. We knew that.

So I think the Locke shown is the pre-order DLC (this is GameStop) and I looked up Senza (Without) Elmo (Helmet). So "Action Figure without Helmet"??

Omni

You'll get a Locke Figure and you'll love it.
CEsIKulWYAExOpM.jpg

Wait is that the statue that comes part of the Collector's Edition?

Maybe I should cancel mine now then. I was hoping for something a little more extravagant. Like Chief and Locke facing off or something.

Maybe I should cancel mine now then. I was hoping for something a little more extravagant. Like Chief and Locke facing off or something.

No that's just an extra you get, if you pay more. We still don't know what's in the box.

jem0208

That's just an offer to throw in an additional $10 (or whatever, Italy's funny money)
The Euro.

Lrn 2 jogruffy.

;)

No, that's a deal where you get the collectors edition and the statue from the look of it.

DLC a solo... I wonder what that entails. Would suck if they give campaign specific DLC for a collectors edition ie. An extra 2 Locke levels etc.

I imagine it would be free DLC as opposed to exclusive. All us normal plebs would have to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom