• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

DLC a solo... I wonder what that entails. Would suck if they give campaign specific DLC for a collectors edition ie. An extra 2 Locke levels etc.

asslands.jpg

This is sick... :(

-Ryn

Banned
Oh so it's just a bonus thing?

Well then that's whatever lol

False alarm

GOAT

Man, if they have a console that is that blue fade to black fade to red in that color scheme... I'll put up my white sunset console mint condition, barely used Xbox One for it.
I might take you up on that depending on how things pan out with the LE and the console design.

This is sick... :(
Even Chief has needs. After all he's only
super
human.

MC is doing some work. What else would he be doing while AWOL?
Searching for players?

willow ve

They don't give a damn. They outsource patching to the lowest bidder and tell us all about how top men are working on it and the reason we don't hear from Dan is because he was so busy he literally didn't even have a moment to tweet or surface in any way. Then we get another haphazardly hacked together "patch" pushed out to further the illusion that progress is being made. It's harsh, but it's also the truth. It's been over six months now, and not even a recall or refund program.

Yet there's tons of people in this thread just waiting for their next opportunity to throw money at a company that has no qualms with taking hundreds of millions of dollars from fans of the franchise.

I honestly don't get it.

Join old HaloGAF and just move on. There's nothing left for you here.
Find a new franchise; that's all you have left. Halo isn't going to be the Halo we remember.

singhr1

Wait is that the statue that comes part of the Collector's Edition?

Maybe I should cancel mine now then. I was hoping for something a little more extravagant. Like Chief and Locke facing off or something.

Not a statue bonus, Locke bonus is an action figure (probably McFarlane) and probably his armor for multiplayer (a la Gamestop preorder).

jem0208

I mean people actually enjoy Destiny 6 v 6 PvP. Sooooooo its not unheard of.

Just the whole preferring the perks/AA's to Legendary and advocating the survival perk....
I mean, even I don't like the survivor perk...

Honestly, I don't like any perks and I don't like most AAs. I tolerate them so I can use thruster pack though. Also spawning with a boltshot is so damn annoying.

I really enjoy H4, however I acknowledge it has problems. You can like perks etc. however you have to admit they're distinctly un-Halo. I do think Legendary BRs is a genuinely good game of Halo though. Shooting just feels really good in H4; I seriously think it has the best feeling guns in the series.

Impala26

Dank HaloGAF memes

Started with this post from BreakawayMetal

Truly one of the greatest posts I've seen here in my short stint with HaloGAF

Find a new franchise; that's all you have left. Halo isn't going to be the Halo we remember.

I used to write off Dwells posts as "old saltiness", but as the months roll on and the promise of a well-working MCC seem to diminish, his posts are starting to reverberate a little stronger now. I'm not at the point where I'm going to say 343i/MS have committed criminal acts with the release and support of the MCC, but it is beginning to become disgraceful.

At this point, I'd rather have the game be issued a proper recall and some dev team that isn't 343i and knows how to code multiplayer well should start work on the package almost clean-slate fresh/square one and re-relase the game sometime like Q2 2016. People ask me why I've been playing so much Destiny lately... well, much like Daeddy said, it's that I can't stand a broken game when my gaming time is semi-precious.

Welfare

At this point, I'd rather have the game be issued a proper recall and some dev team that isn't 343i and knows how to code multiplayer well should start work on the package almost clean-slate fresh/square one and re-relase the game sometime like Q2 2016. People ask me why I've been playing so much Destiny lately... well, much like Daeddy said, it's that I can't stand a broken game when my gaming time is semi-precious.

Splash Damage seem to be doing a better job patching MCC then 343 ever hope they can do. After the March patch (Splash), things were looking better, but then 343 came back and, well, here we are :/

Sad state of affairs.

Karl2177

Today marks 6 months with the Master Chief Collection. A month ago, I would have said the game wasn't in good shape, but at the very least an acceptable one. With the latest patches, matches start uneven, it's a gamble of getting a match to actually load, the playlist management is worse than it has ever been for previous titles, File Shares are in practice non-functional, and online services for MCC on Waypoint are abysmal. The game should have been recalled by now. Everyone should have access to the nameplates, avatars, Relic, and ODST, not just those who played before December 19, 2014. I don't know what I can add at this point that hasn't already been discussed to death. I guess, if this is a black eye, act like it hurt.

jem0208

Who's having issues with the last patch?

In most places I'm hearing it's fine.

For me personally the game is in a acceptable state.

m23

Who's having issues with the last patch?

In most places I'm hearing it's fine.

For me personally the game is in a acceptable state.

After fixing the issue with the wireless display app, its fine for me. Finding matches that are even, acceptable wait times for matches, pretty good netcode. Crazy how people are having such varied experiences.

Finished Halo 4 coop last night as well, so I've completed all the campaigns on MCC in coop. Now the wait for ODST.

jem0208

Well for me the game is working. I find matches quickly, teams are even, skill matching is good, there's less quitting and the ranking system actually works. I even rarely get AR/SMG starts. Although all I ever play is TS...

As for other people, I've seen like 3 or 4 people here say it's bad and a few over on the beyond forums. There's also people who say it's fine for them here. All the pros I watch streaming have no issues and people I know IRL have minimal issues.

Haruko

Well for me the game is working. I find matches quickly, teams are even, skill matching is good, there's less quitting and the ranking system actually works. I even rarely get AR/SMG starts. Although all I ever play is TS...

As for other people, I've seen like 3 or 4 people here say it's bad and a few over on the beyond forums. There's also people who say it's fine for them here. All the pros I watch streaming have no issues and people I know IRL have minimal issues.

Biggest issue I had playing the last few days was occasionally getting our party split between the two teams, in the Team Slayer playlist

Today marks 6 months with the Master Chief Collection. A month ago, I would have said the game wasn't in good shape, but at the very least an acceptable one. With the latest patches, matches start uneven, it's a gamble of getting a match to actually load, the playlist management is worse than it has ever been for previous titles, File Shares are in practice non-functional, and online services for MCC on Waypoint are abysmal. The game should have been recalled by now. Everyone should have access to the nameplates, avatars, Relic, and ODST, not just those who played before December 19, 2014. I don't know what I can add at this point that hasn't already been discussed to death. I guess, if this is a black eye, act like it hurt.

6 months in and no Halo 3 update. Either they don't care or it's obscenely difficult and half-booby trapped to make the slightest of changes. If it's the latter then the game should be recalled at this point.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/matchmaking-playlist-lineup-update

November 8th 2014

Behind the scenes, we’re working to integrate Halo 3’s custom map variant files into the [Hardcore] playlist, and they aren't quite ready just yet. As custom map layouts are extremely important to this playlist and community, we’ll be adding the Halo 3 game types into the list when they can be fully integrated, tested, and brought in.

11 May 2015: Halo 3 has yet to have its base maps updated to what was promised prior to launch, let alone feature the MLG variants in Hardcore. 6 months is just indefensible.

dwells

This is the sad truth. I just hate to give up completely on something I've loved since nearly fifteen years ago.

I used to write off Dwells posts as "old saltiness", but as the months roll on and the promise of a well-working MCC seem to diminish, his posts are starting to reverberate a little stronger now. I'm not at the point where I'm going to say 343i/MS have committed criminal acts with the release and support of the MCC, but it is beginning to become disgraceful.

I honestly am a huge fan of the franchise and love the game. I know I come across as salty, but having watched how poorly this has been handled, how they harmed the franchise, and how little they really seem to care about the community, I can't help but feel insulted. I mean, I took a day of work off for this game (something I never thought I would do) and bought an Xbox One solely for it. I was excited, I wanted this to be great, I wanted to fall back in love with Halo.

If Microsoft and 343 came out and issued a statement, something with a genuine "hey, we know we screwed up big time and we know we've handled this poorly, but we want to offer a refund/recall since it's better late than never," that would go a long way for me. I could forgive and maybe even buy Halo 5. But the careless, canned PR and focus shift to Halo 5 all while they sit on hundreds of millions of dollars from disappointed fans stings a little.

I've been playing TS a lot lately since I've got nothing else to play. Here's some of what I'm running into:

• Voice chat is not limited to teams. I can hear everyone, including the other team at all distances. Seems to be a new bug as of recent patches.
  • Uneven games are still very much a problem.
  • Ranking system works inconsistently at best.
  • Laggy games, lack of dedicated servers.
  • UI and stat tracking bugs.
  • No penalty for people dashboarding or otherwise quitting at lobby.
  • Map selection and gametypes are still turrible.
  • The various per-game issues that have been documented are still a problem.
Getting a good, fun, competitive match with even teams is maybe a one in ten endeavor at best.

I know I'm the grumpy old man around here and not exactly well-liked (I imagine I'm on a few ignore lists), but I really do love Halo. I want it to work; I want to have fun and relive the thousands upon thousands of hours I've spent playing these great games.

DJ Gunner

6 months in and no Halo 3 update. Either they don't care or it's obscenely difficult and half-booby trapped to make the slightest of changes. If it's the latter then the game should be recalled at this point.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/matchmaking-playlist-lineup-update

November 8th 2014

11 May 2015: Halo 3 has yet to have its base maps updated to what was promised prior to launch, let alone feature the MLG variants in Hardcore. 6 months is just indefensible.

You should probably just HUNTtheTRUTH like most others in here, that's what MS is banking (literally) on anyways.

singhr1

November 8th 2014

I mean they did partially update Halo 3. They got the Forge stuff to work so they could integrate Halo 3 into SWAT and later Snipers. Baby steps it seems.

daedalius

Hey guiz whats going on in here....

(I can't find the proper Bruce Wayne reaction gif)

Back to Hunting the Troof it seems.

Oh man, dat Steve Blum voiceover.

Moa

November 8th 2014

Team SWAT actually uses these updated maps (exploits are fixed on them) so we're making progress at least.

jem0208

I've been playing TS a lot lately since I've got nothing else to play. Here's some of what I'm running into:

• Voice chat is not limited to teams. I can hear everyone, including the other team at all distances. Seems to be a new bug as of recent patches.
  • Uneven games are still very much a problem.
  • Ranking system works inconsistently at best.
  • Laggy games, lack of dedicated servers.
  • UI and stat tracking bugs.
  • No penalty for people dashboarding or otherwise quitting at lobby.
  • Map selection and gametypes are still turrible.
  • The various per-game issues that have been documented are still a problem.
Getting a good, fun, competitive match with even teams is maybe a one in ten endeavor at best.

Fair enough.

I'm not denying people are still having issues btw, I'm just curious as to who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom