• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate stone town with a burning passion, maps with sniper rifles already rub me the wrong way outside of BTB, but two. No deal.

Edit: OK, done with anniversary for a while, time for some no radar midship

All of them, really?

He was joking, dude. We have no idea what books will or will not be "required reading" for Halo 5, or if any of them will be.

I mean, you should probably read Fall of Reach, but that's at least as much because it's a good book as it is because it's the introduction of Blue Team.

Not at all related to anything.

Did we end up finding out what happened to 343 GS?

A chunk of him hijacked a ship in one of the books and set off for parts unknown. Nothing since.

-Ryn

Banned
All of them, really?
lol like Poodle said I'm just joking

Really the only thing I can reccomend reading is the Nylund novels so you can have an understanding of the Spartans. That aside, H5 is a mystery from what I can tell.

Oh and check out the Hunt the Truth stuff.

yeah honestly idk what Halo 5 is going to draw from the most. I suppose, if you just want to know more about Blue Team, you have to read Fall of Reach, First Strike, and so on.

Funny discussion about how terrible NeoGAF apparently is on the Beyond forums at the moment.

nothing new, good chunk of the internet despises NeoGAF

wj9l7s9.gif

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Do people care about K/D ratio for Halo games? Apparently mine must be shit. Last game I did 6/34 :(

Though all my team quit I was against 4 people.

Still people are too pro.

Do people care about K/D ratio for Halo games? Apparently mine must be shit. Last game I did 6/34 :(

Well the MM in this game isn't that good, so it leads to a lot of matches like that. Also the majority of people left playing are the diehard Halo fans. If this game actually had a healthier population, I don't think it would be as much as an issue.

I kinda do, I always see my K/D post game and rarely try to go negative. If I go negative, even -1, then I did terrible. I should really get out of that mindset.

K/D means jack shit in a system with low population and wonky matchmaking getting patched left and right for months. The increase in reliability, ranks, party/skill matching, playlist sustain and a retention or increase of population directly correlate to K/D being meaningful IMO.

Finally MCC is approaching the point of promoting people to want to play multiple games in one session, and actually being stable enough to deliver. I don't think the matchmaking speed or reliability of various factors is, as yet, to a standard where ranks, skills and K/D become the most meaningful they can be. When that is achieved the rest falls into place and the systems work as intended.

I'm not even playing with my regular team of Halo fanatics as we just don't have the will to fuck around in lobbies and parties to get a couple of decent matches over hours of searching/restarting and all that. I'm mostly playing solo these days just to get into matches and have decent skill experiences.

Sorry Zealot and Rosso as I've seen you online but not partied up as yet.

I do have to add the last 1-2 weeks and especially since the latest hot fix I am matched with Aussies often but there is a time of night to jump on and play due to Aussie population.

We'll try again this week to play MCC but honestly most of my mates just play other games within 30mins of things going awry and being a chore instead of a Halo gaming session. Fingers crossed this is the week things really turn around. Oh and a ranked objective playlist wouldn't hurt in my neck of the woods either :)

From the X1 May update thread:

Dedicated Servers for Party Chat – Back in March, we enabled dedicated chat relay servers for Xbox One preview members to solve NAT traversal issues that prevented some people from being able to use party chat. Over the coming weeks, we will start to expand the availability of the party chat relay services beyond preview members to a broader audience as we continue to fine tune the feature and scale out the servers needed to support party chat relay services.

Hopefully this helps friends join party chat and/or not drop out of party chat too.

From the X1 May update thread:

Hopefully this helps friends join party chat and/or not drop out of party chat too.

I've been testing it in preview for a month or so, and so far it has worked very well for me. I've always had NAT issues on the Xbox One, especially with parties, where one or two people couldn't hear me or I couldn't hear them, so when I join a party it takes a second or two to switch from P2P to the servers, and then it's fine for the rest of the time I'm there. Great update.

Also, not sure if it was talked about in here or not, but the Game DVR now supports 60fps video recordings. Still 720p, but it's a nice upgrade if you're recording from a 60fps game like MCC or Forza.

I've been testing it in preview for a month or so, and so far it has worked very well for me. I've always had NAT issues on the Xbox One, especially with parties, where one or two people couldn't hear me or I couldn't hear them, so when I join a party it takes a second or two to switch from P2P to the servers, and then it's fine for the rest of the time I'm there. Great update.

Also, not sure if it was talked about in here or not, but the Game DVR now supports 60fps video recordings. Still 720p, but it's a nice upgrade if you're recording from a 60fps game like MCC or Forza.

Lovin the monthly updates, glad to hear it's a good party chat update. There is one mate specifically that has basically never been able to join and another that drops out fairly regularly too. Hopefully that's the end of their woes.

I wonder if xbox clips/dvr will support 60fps in playback with this update?

You know what they need to do but totally won't so I don't know why I'm even bothering saying it?

Sell LE and CE "upgrade packs". By that I mean, sell the complete contents of the LE and CE, WITHOUT the game, for $60 less. Because I'd prefer to get Halo 5 digitally, but I know I'm probably going to want the contents of at least the LE, but I also don't want to buy both a disc and a download... I suppose I could always buy both a digital copy and the LE and just try to sell the disc, but odds are I'd still end up losing at least a little money... :\

I suppose they could also just sell versions of the LE and CE with download codes packed in, but then you wouldn't be able to pre-load. I dunno, someone needs to find some sort of way to accommodate those who want digital copies AND LE/CE content somehow someday. It sucks having to choose between digital, LE/CE content, and wasting money on two copies.

AlStrong

You know what they need to do but totally won't so I don't know why I'm even bothering saying it?

Sell LE and CE "upgrade packs". By that I mean, sell the complete contents of the LE and CE, WITHOUT the game, for $60 less. Because I'd prefer to get Halo 5 digitally, but I know I'm probably going to want the contents of at least the LE, but I also don't want to buy both a disc and a download... I suppose I could always buy both a digital copy and the LE and just try to sell the disc, but odds are I'd still end up losing at least a little money... :

I suppose they could also just sell versions of the LE and CE with download codes packed in, but then you wouldn't be able to pre-load. I dunno, someone needs to find some sort of way to accommodate those who want digital copies AND LE/CE content somehow someday. It sucks having to choose between digital, LE/CE content, and wasting money on two copies.

I don't know the costs involved with even more retail SKUs, but it might be something they would only offer on their own store, especially when major retailers might prefer to order physical disc SKUs for the possibility of reselling/used copies. Dunno.

I don't know the costs involved with even more retail SKUs, but it might be something they would only offer on their own store, especially when major retailers might prefer to order physical disc SKUs for the possibility of reselling/used copies. Dunno.

Yeah, I imagine such a product would limited production and sold direct/online only, which is probably why we won't see it any time soon (admittedly it would probably be fairly niche). But I feel like with digital progressively taking over, it has to happen eventually, right? Unless physical CEs and LEs completely get phased out too...

Akai__

I think people would be grateful, if you just quit next time. I find it pretty annoying, when we play 4vs1 and it's impossible to win for the 1 person. These matches drag on forever and usually don't end until the timer runs out. Unless it's SWAT and you can win the 1vs4 situation.

It's all about having fun and you can't possibly tell me, that you had fun in that game.

Sorry, if that sounds mean. It's just not a good experience.

Xis

So, I finished Halo 4 on the MCC last night:

I got stuck real bad on the Didact QTE and had to look it up on the internet; as far as I can tell the on-screen prompts bugged out on me.

It's SUPPOSED to say "use (left stick) to crawl" and then "use (left trigger) to plant grenade"

The MCC kept saying "use (left stick) to crawl" and then "use (right trigger) to fire machine gun"

WTF?

I got stuck real bad on the Didact QTE and had to look it up on the internet; as far as I can tell the on-screen prompts bugged out on me.

It's SUPPOSED to say "use (left stick) to crawl" and then "use (left trigger) to plant grenade"

The MCC kept saying "use (left stick) to crawl" and then "use (right trigger) to fire machine gun"

WTF?
Pics?

WTF?

mjl.gif

-Ryn

Banned
Just watched the Xbox 360 reveal. So cheesy. But so good. Can't believe it's been 10 years.

I wonder what Xbox, Halo, and gaming in general will be like in another 10 years...

WTF?
Next gen QTE's

So dynamic

Omni

WTF?
Happened to me a few weeks ago. Posted about it too.

How does something like that even happen?!

m23

WTF?

Yeah, same thing happened to me.

Lovin the monthly updates, glad to hear it's a good party chat update. There is one mate specifically that has basically never been able to join and another that drops out fairly regularly too. Hopefully that's the end of their woes.

I wonder if xbox clips/dvr will support 60fps in playback with this update?

If Xbox records clips in 60fps then it uploads those clips in 60fps, XboxDVR/Clips are just index sites that directly embeds those videos, there is no reason they won't support 60fps playback.

Impala26

WTF?

Yeah, it's a known issue and I still wonder how that one actually happened...

Happened to me a few weeks ago. Posted about it too.

How does something like that even happen?!

Yeah, same thing happened to me.

Maybe it's a bug where the game generates it from an early build of the QTE that actually involved you firing your gun into a vulnerable spot on the Didact?

Fuchsdh

Maybe it's a bug where the game generates it from an early build of the QTE that actually involved you firing your gun into a vulnerable spot on the Didact?

There were originally intended to be multiple QTEs on most missions, and they ended up getting scrapped for a variety of reasons, leaving the three vestigial ones we got. Wouldn't surprise me of the Didact QTE fight was more elaborate, or there were hooks for another QTE that was cut.

jem0208

LOL, TTUVAPOR turned up in the Beyond discussion on NeoGAF. He is damn salty, apparently we're all super casuals who only care about graphics and lore :p

AlStrong

He is damn salty, apparently we're all super casuals who only care about graphics and lore :p

I was just thinking last night about those devolved Forerunner in Path Kethona being described as being much more similar to humans, and the "You are Forerunner" Guilty Spark quote from H3.

And then I thought about the sub-species 343i talked about with their character redesigns.

Then I went back to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom