• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Community drama is weird.

Like my dream about China starting a hostile takeover of the world.

To actually discuss Halo for once; has anyone else played Section 8: Prejudice? Where you spawn by falling from the sky.

I was thinking it would be awesome to have a similar system for spawning in BTB, assuming the rumours of crazy massive BTB are true. If you could spawn in an ODST Drop-pod with some control over where you landed it would be amazing.
I've been hoping for something akin to this for awhile. I gotta buy that game. Seemed fun when I was playing the demo. It even has a cool mech suit.

I've created a fucking monster.
It's no monster. It's a masterpiece.

Haven't been keeping up with it for obvious reasons, but from what I'm seeing, development of the modded Halo Online has stopped and the team that was working on it is disbanding.
Everybody stopped caring eh?
Where's that damn barn leak!? We need some crappy potato footage to discuss and take out of context!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
ytbTgEp.png

It would be really awesome if we could ban keywords and phrases when making a thread. Anyone who knowingly submits a post even with the ban warning will be banned. Phrases and keywords to be banned are separated by commas.

"Destiny, Bungie, TeamBeyond, Reddit, HaloWaypoint, H1 pistol, the MCC is good, pistola, Tashi ceiling, get 'anyone other than juices' hired.

If you post that shit, BANNED. Cleansed

This is actually how HGS works

jem0208

Apparently there's a competitive Grifball playoff tonight...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Halo/status/598238727211601921

Don't know if anyone here is interested in that sort of thing. I think it's kinda funny that there's a "sport" being played competitively inside of a video game though.

Edit: because apparently people don't understand; funny in a "huh, that's quite cool" kinda way.

Are eSports funny to you too? Those guys take it just as seriously.

I didn't mean that in a negative way. Jesus, can't say anything without it being construed as negative these days.

-Ryn

Banned
Apparently there's a competitive Grifball playoff tonight...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Halo/status/598238727211601921

Don't know if anyone here is interested in that sort of thing. I think it's kinda funny that there's a "sport" being played competitively inside of a video game though.
Well they tried it with the real thing once but it seems that bodies react much differently to a Gravity Hammer in real life than they do in Halo. Plus the respawn system was shit.

Are eSports funny to you too? Those guys take it just as seriously.
Sports are pretty funny. Bunch of guys going crazy over a ball I could buy for $7. Who does that?

Mix

I didn't mean that in a negative way. Jesus, can't say anything without it being construed as negative these days.
Nah man, I wasn't attacking you, I was just curious to see how you compare the two. But for real, the GBH crew are good people. Really cool that they made their kickstarters goal this years.

jem0208

Nah man, I wasn't attacking you, I was just curious to see how you compare the two. But for real, the GBH crew are good people. Really cool that they made their kickstarters goal this years.
Alright, it's hard to tell via text. Same could be said about my post as well though I guess :p

Anyway the difference I see between eSports and Grifball is that eSports is competitively playing a video game. Whereas Grifball is competitively playing a game created within a video game. I think it's awesome that people have created a proper league out of Grifball though!

Just seems a tiny bit bizarre in a cool, kinda quirky way.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Y in the world would you ever add radar to 2v2 h1CE list?its a joke that there isnt ranks yet, but to add radar.U hav noclue #343bola

can confirm, they finally updated the halo 3 maps. blessed be the studio to whom this was outsourced

Half a year and we're almost going gold booooooys! Hallelujah for real though.

BR starts in objective now? BR starts for H3 rumble lot possible?

H3 in hardcore final frontier

What have they done..

I may or may not have found some hidden HaloWaypoint monitor tools to turn radar on by playlist ;)

Good god man let it go, 2 pages in a row now trying to stir shit up now.

People on Reddit will dislike people on NeoGAF
People on NeoGAF will dislike people on Beyond
People on Beyond will dislike people on NeoGAF

Full circle jerk Halo. It's finished. Sad but true about all gaming communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom