• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

what news? I don't wanna play as new guy.

Known for a long time Locke is the primary character you play as. In one interview, Frank tried to downplay it saying it's not important how long you play as someone, but whether their story contributes to Chief story overall. Supposedly majority of game you play as Locke and probably will switch to Chief at the end when they meet up I guess.

On the one hand I have no qualms playing as others, I really liked Noble Team during Reach or ODST during Mombasa. On the other hand, I want to play as Chief in his game and story. Plus, after Sarah Palmer, I'm not entirely convinced they'll do a good job with Locke. Having Nightfall will help though, just like FuD helped Lasky acceptance.

tbh

who gives a shit who you playing

they all gonna control the same, and its not like MC was this bastion of nuanced characterzation

one space marine is black, and one is white. I think we're getting down to the real issue here, gents

tbh

they all gonna control the same, and its not like MC was this bastion of nuanced characterzation

one space marine is black, and one is white. I think we're getting down to the real issue here, gents

Cosigned. I mean christ, Chief has saved humanity / the galaxy like six times now. The dude deserves a bit of a rest. Plus, I mean, Locke's power set seems a million times more entertaining.

Mix

Soon
t1446051600z2.png

Madness

tbh

Where's the racial issue coming from? Who gives a shit if Locke is black? Sgt. Johnson was black, I'd kill to have been able to play as him. Also, one character is Master Chief, star of the game from the first Halo, the other is a new character created from 343 in a post-Palmer world. If it was a choice, I'd want to play as Chief over everyone. Like I said above, no issues playing as Noble Team, ODST team in those games. But if the game is about Chief, part of his trilogy and his saga, how you gonna relegate him to secondary role? Maybe you're just seeing what you want to see as well.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I think people would be grateful, if you just quit next time. I find it pretty annoying, when we play 4vs1 and it's impossible to win for the 1 person. These matches drag on forever and usually don't end until the timer runs out. Unless it's SWAT and you can win the 1vs4 situation.

It's all about having fun and you can't possibly tell me, that you had fun in that game.

Sorry, if that sounds mean. It's just not a good experience.

You are right I should have quit. But was too proud to :p

When does ODST comes out? I need it! =)

Sometime this month. I am guessing end of the month.

TheXbox

Eight years later and Orbital still makes no goddamn sense. Who the hell made this map

Where's the racial issue coming from? Who gives a shit if Locke is black? Sgt. Johnson was black, I'd kill to have been able to play as him. Also, one character is Master Chief, star of the game from the first Halo, the other is a new character created from 343 in a post-Palmer world. If it was a choice, I'd want to play as Chief over everyone. Like I said above, no issues playing as Noble Team, ODST team in those games. But if the game is about Chief, part of his trilogy and his saga, how you gonna relegate him to secondary role? Maybe you're just seeing what you want to see as well.
I think he's kidding dude

Am I crazy, or did that Splaser make a 45 degree turn coming out of the gun?

I think the guy reacted and turn to shoot me off spawn, he sent me an apology message, how nice.

The buddy spawn system in Halo 3 made that happen to me a few times on 360.

Thank goodness Reach added weapon usage deweighting to keep teammates from sniping me on spawn.

Spawn mechanics are some crazy shit to work through.

Bravo said:
As we get closer and closer to the end of May, the weeks start to blend together. The days get longer, news and announcements slow down quite a bit, and teams across the studio focus in on upcoming experiences. For the Halo 5: Guardians team, this means perfecting the polish and presentation of new, never-before-seen goodness that awaits. Across the studio, the MCC team hammers away on upcoming game updates. I sit somewhere in the middle, furiously running back and forth between the two, checking out what they’re working on, and getting in on as many playtests as I can, including the latest Halo 5: Guardians Arena maps, the stormy shores of Relic and the devastated streets of New Mombasa found within ODST, and [REDACTED], which we’ll be sharing more about later this year.

Wait, what?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
reporting for duty
this is my third post in this thread, need to step it up

oh my

tbh

I only wanna play as Chief because of Blue Team. It's gonna be cruel if the band finally gets back together and we're playing from some groupie's perspective.

One thing that occurs to me is that starting out playing Locke could be a good way to "sell" the anti-book parts of the public on Blue Team; seeing them wreck shit, then taking control and wrecking shit with them would be pretty effective.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
One thing that occurs to me is that starting out playing Locke could be a good way to "sell" the anti-book parts of the public on Blue Team; seeing them wreck shit, then taking control and wrecking shit with them would be pretty effective.
That'd be rad.

Maybe we'll get one or two missions for each member of Blue Team, each with their own unique abilities and skills (which we'll then be able to choose from in the rebooted BTB).

Mix

Wait, what?

We're going back in Halo 5. Or in an unannounced game. But H5 seems more likely.

Nah, I don't think that last bit has anything to do with Mombasa, I think it's something else entirely. That Oxford comma:

As we get closer and closer to the end of May, the weeks start to blend together. The days get longer, news and announcements slow down quite a bit, and teams across the studio focus in on upcoming experiences. For the Halo 5: Guardians team, this means perfecting the polish and presentation of new, never-before-seen goodness that awaits. Across the studio, the MCC team hammers away on upcoming game updates. I sit somewhere in the middle, furiously running back and forth between the two, checking out what they’re working on, and getting in on as many playtests as I can, including the latest Halo 5: Guardians Arena maps, the stormy shores of Relic and the devastated streets of New Mombasa found within ODST, and [REDACTED], which we’ll be sharing more about later this year.

-Ryn

Banned
Really hoping to see some of that hot BTB boogaloo action at E3

I also hope we don't see any major campaign spoilers

jem0208

Hey with that news today still not convinced you are playing as Locke most of the game? I remember Frankie and crew pretty much telling us to settle down.

What news?

Also I don't particularly care. The chief isn't exactly the most interesting character in the world.

The thread would be very confusing for me without context...

Hello objective playlist, thank you 343. Now if only the community would get behind this playlist and dive right on in.

Hell yes! I'll be diving in later, hopefully. Kinda got exams today :(

Blueblur1

No playlist update in the world will motivate me to turn on my Xbox again. When they've finally cleared MCC of most of its bugs I might be interested. I'm not entirely convinced that will ever happen though.

Nice to see the only mention of BR starts in that update is in conjunction with the word 'reduced'.

SMG starts on H2C are even worse than AR starts on H3. I simply cannot fathom how anyone in 2004 and certainly not now, can think that it provides an acceptable gameplay experience. I've played SMG starts on Ivory Tower a few times in the ranked TS playlist now. The game is more or less decided within the opening 15 seconds, depending on which team secure the power weapons. After that it's like being a eunuch at an orgy.

jem0208

Quitters suck. Every single objective game I've played, at least 1 or 2 people have quit...

Is Team Objective BR starts? I remember Team Objective was DMR starts in Reach and we used to go in to it for guaranteed DMR's.

sidenote: Does the game work now? I played a bunch when it did, then stopped and heard people complaining some patch broke it. I had 2 friends who played with each other and said it was fine. Anyone else?

Nope, just played AR starts crazy king on Construct.

The game works reasonably well. The patch caused an issue with party stability. The hotfix seems to have fixed it.

Still lots of little bugs but the major issues seem to have been solved for most people. The biggest problem I have now is the occasional map not loading. Oh and quitters still suck... And dedis are non-existant for the most part.. Bn

Tawpgun

Sports are pretty funny. Bunch of guys going crazy over a ball I could buy for $7. Who does that?

lol. You're one of those people.

Nice to see the only mention of BR starts in that update is in conjunction with the word 'reduced'.

SMG starts on H2C are even worse than AR starts on H3. I simply cannot fathom how anyone in 2004 and certainly not now, can think that it provides an acceptable gameplay experience. I've played SMG starts on Ivory Tower a few times in the ranked TS playlist now. The game is more or less decided within the opening 15 seconds, depending on which team secure the power weapons. After that it's like being a eunuch at an orgy.

Super disappointed to not see this even addressed. Like if you are against adding BR's because you think SMG's/AR's is more fun/that's the way it was/people like it then fuckin admit it but right now I think they're just ignoring the feedback.

Is Team Objective BR starts? I remember Team Objective was DMR starts in Reach and we used to go in to it for guaranteed DMR's.

sidenote: Does the game work now? I played a bunch when it did, then stopped and heard people complaining some patch broke it. I had 2 friends who played with each other and said it was fine. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom