• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Halo is Billion Dollar franchise right? How come there isn't some type of Halo-Con every year?

If I spent billions on fests I wouldn't have this beautiful car.

s4bNCBu.jpg

And do you think I'd go home to Starla at night?

wrT28Pf.jpg

Fuchsdh

RTX is close enough, and since it's community created, it doesn't reek of try hard. A HaloFest, that's annual, and it completely funded by 343/MS? Can't see that going over well.

Which is a shame cause I'm such a slrp I'd love to have one.

I'd love another one come the series' 20th anniversary, but I agree that with things like RTX they support the fans more directly and it comes off as more organic.

FyreWulff

Halofest was pretty cool.. Also that stylish white Halo-logo embossed shopping bag, I kid you not, was a lot of people's favorite "swag item" once I got back home. Hey, it looked pretty cool.

Lost it to a flood, though. The irony :(

Yeah, in hindsight I probably should have removed Frankie from that response. Speaking of Frankie, Halo.

Even more incidentally, are we playing Halo tomorrow night? Will be getting back from House of Cards land.

Wahrer might like to overplay the diction card, but TTUVAPOR is the worst.

Hey now, I take lacrodectus offense to that.

Random17

Haven't ever tried it with Black Eye, but I agree about Legendary. It's the only game I started on Legendary first and played through (that said Coastal Highway with Black Eyes sounds like a nightmare unless you're doing it coop.)

That's the only part of the game with a disproportionately high difficulty, imo.

In general, Halo 3 vehicle combat damage is hugely unbalanced. Ghosts absolutely ruin all the fun.

Halofest was pretty cool.. Also that stylish white Halo-logo embossed shopping bag, I kid you not, was a lot of people's favorite "swag item" once I got back home. Hey, it looked pretty cool.

Lost it to a flood, though. The irony :(

Not sure if the correct response is to laugh or cry, either way please tell me said flood occurred in your home library.

$10 warthog skin. ;)

edit: Although tbh, I have to wonder what sales of weapon & character skins were like for Gears 3 & Judgment.

I grabbed like a few with spare MS points.
Really wanted that pixleated see through one though :I

though most used the in-game set (had to use horizon to get some of the legacy skins, as much as the retro ticked me off it looked awesome in chrome)
plz bring back chrome gnasher and hammy

FyreWulff

Not sure if the correct response is to laugh or cry, either way please tell me said flood occurred in your home library.

Our house got pretty lucky, only minimal water in the basement, but a lot of stuff was being stored in cardboard boxes directly on the floor. i had some stuff i still have kept aside for a future halo fundraiser drive and luckily it was in plastic containers up on some shelves instead. Only time the basement ever got flooded, it was a storm that dumped like 8" of rain on Nebraska in one night.

Lots of other people had it worse in town, they had to get people out with boats from their houses.

oh, and our neighbor's front retaining wall collapsed

HFZXnnql.jpg

they had insurance tho

Karl2177

Our house got pretty lucky, only minimal water in the basement, but a lot of stuff was being stored in cardboard boxes directly on the floor. i had some stuff i still have kept aside for a future halo fundraiser drive and luckily it was in plastic containers up on some shelves instead. Only time the basement ever got flooded, it was a storm that dumped like 8" of rain on Nebraska in one night.

Lots of other people had it worse in town, they had to get people out with boats from their houses.

oh, and our neighbor's front retaining wall collapsed

http://i.imgur.com/HFZXnnql.jpg

they had insurance tho

What year was that? The last time it flooded that bad here was 2010, and this is what Iowa State's athletic facilities looked like. That building in the upper middle is our basketball court.
6a98d45ceba4d3afcdd69e5f0e69ece0.jpg

Daedalius and I have been wondering...
Are you just gonna stick with Geo Wars until Halo 5?
:p

Gonna stick with Geo Wars for life. Allow me to take this moment to plug some of my top 1 gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznRWCMoBpKz4IkzLK6XYmD4JtQBQR13F

Even more incidentally, are we playing Halo tomorrow night? Will be getting back from House of Cards land.

We been on. No Prinz in sight. Also, I just saw this post, so sorry we didn't notify you sooner.

Nah, He is busy watching netflix on the PS4

I alternate between the PS3 and PS4 depending on what my receiver happens to be set to at the moment, but this is essentially true.

daedalius

Gonna stick with Geo Wars for life. Allow me to take this moment to plug some of my top 1 gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznRWCMoBpKz4IkzLK6XYmD4JtQBQR13F

We been on. No Prinz in sight. Also, I just saw this post, so sorry we didn't notify you sooner.

I alternate between the PS3 and PS4 depending on what my receiver happens to be set to at the moment, but this is essentially true.

Your halo schedule is literally fitted perfectly around when i can't play.

I saw you playing tonight and was like "well too bad I have to clean the entire house cuz Texas visit"

Holy shit these New Zealanders are terrible.

Also, is there a law there that states that all gamertags from New Zealand needs to have "NZ" somewhere in the name?

Mistel

Banned
Still makes me laugh.

If only Bravo could do the same to the current Halo community.
They'd need to get a much better writer than Bravo, he's not bad but it's not that engaging to read his weekly updates least compared to the updates written by Urk and Lukems.
ugh, just knowing he lives here in this state makes me feel dirty.

having an opinion is one thing, but blowing your stack like a 5 year old...
I would too to be honest, doesn't seem to have changed much either in those 7 years.

Random17

Holy shit these New Zealanders are terrible.

Also, is there a law there that states that all gamertags from New Zealand needs to have "NZ" somewhere in the name?

From New Zealand, can confirm that it's in the Bill of Rights.
I'm guilty of this too and I've seen hundreds of GTs/PSNIDs with NZ in the name.

Are you sure you aren't winning with that 300ms host advantage? Because that's what it feels like on the receiving end.

AlStrong

There are plenty of parties - just not for you. The team needs to celebrate after putting out a dynamite product like MCC.

B2Hx69LCUAA1Hpx.jpg:large

Sweet ride. Do the barrels rotate if the trigger is pulled? Paint job seems a bit flat.

I grabbed like a few with spare MS points.
Really wanted that pixleated see through one though :I

though most used the in-game set (had to use horizon to get some of the legacy skins, as much as the retro ticked me off it looked awesome in chrome)
plz bring back chrome gnasher and hammy

Yeah, I think I picked up the blue steel metal pack & the flowers one (Cole + flowers XD). Of the gold/chrome skins, I'm missing just the golden gnasher & retro lancer (couldn't be bothered to get to lvl 100 in Gears 2). Chrome is great looking. Missed out on one or two of the flaming skins from the beta. Probably missing a few from just not playing thousands of MP matches.

Only if there are complementary "diffuse only" and "zero albedo" skins.

XD

They should do one with Mister Chief stamped on the hood and the hubcaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom