• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this update is finally looking like its getting somewhere but WHY IS TEAM OBJECTIVE A TEMPORARY PLAYLIST, ID RATHER HAVE THAT BE PERMA THAN SWAT ;_;

RowdyReverb

Ok this update is finally looking like its getting somewhere but WHY IS TEAM OBJECTIVE A TEMPORARY PLAYLIST, ID RATHER HAVE THAT BE PERMA THAN SWAT ;_;
Because its demand must be proven based on population numbers during its temporary inclusion. SWAT was temporary but made permanent after being very popular

So be like me and play lots of team objective

After reading through a lot of your experiences with the MCC, it seems a majority of the issues stem from the current community playing the game. Face it, the online MM community has almost always been cancer.

Back in the "good old days" of the OG Halo 2, people cheated a lot, terrible host problems, hit reg was frequently questionable, derankers every other game, and trolls/ragers. Online halo back then was more of a spectacle and therefore the BS was more tolerable.

Unrelated, but it reminds me:
did anyone else memorize their OG Xbox hard drive loading sounds so you could gauruntee a particular DLC map was loaded for MM? GOOD TIMES.

daedalius

0dtk9LI.gif

Felwinter's Lie is in Halo 4??

Just realized that was Funk, #REKT.

Felwinter's confirmed.

On the topic of ranks on every playlist, I don't know if I would want to try hard in every game, sometimes I just want to screw around.

Also people can be super dicks with friendly fire. Sniper betrayals are something that happens in like 50% of games.

Mistel

Banned
I gotta disagree. Great track running around it with tons of paths and cut-throughs. Kind like another classic I just played: Rat Race.

I loved dominion on Exile too. I never liked Longbow personally.
Unlike Rat Race, Exile doesn't have balance between vehicular combat and infantry which becomes rather apparent when it is played in a large team game type. On paper it has a somewhat open design which as you say should offer mobility options whilst in reality that's a rather different thing than what happens.

One side of the map is pretty much useless in btb with any sort of semi coordinated team and you end up pretty much stuck on the left side of the map. The left side of the map has no flow what so ever as you end up mainly bogged down due to the weapon ranges within the sandbox. That's even ignoring issues introduced by the banshee, mantis, and general 4 being 4.

Longbow is far from the best map ever though and shares a few problems with Exile but it does flow a lot better other than top middle base which does throw a spanner into the works though.

TCKaos

Halo 2 Anniversary is soooo bad I don't think my brain can endure much more for these achievements.

H2A MP or H2A SP?

From my experience MP isn't too bad. I was about to go hop on (if my gold was working. Just transferred it to a new card, so we'll see when I get up there).

Nowise10

H2A MP or H2A SP?

From my experience MP isn't too bad. I was about to go hop on (if my gold was working. Just transferred it to a new card, so we'll see when I get up there).

Campaign is 100% fantastic amazing work. Graphics and sounds are exactly how I imagined Halo 2 to feel like if it was remade.

Mutiplayer is what I am talking about. I said it before, but everything is so incredibly easy, its just frustrating. Vehicles are useless. Getting sniped 10 times a match is normal. Getting shot from a BR from 700 feet away is normal. Someone could be aiming 5 feet from your body and Needlers/Plasma weapons will magnetize towards you. It's very frustrating to play competitively.

Campaign is 100% fantastic amazing work. Graphics and sounds are exactly how I imagined Halo 2 to feel like if it was remade.

Mutiplayer is what I am talking about. I said it before, but everything is so incredibly easy, its just frustrating. Vehicles are useless. Getting sniped 10 times a match is normal. Getting shot from a BR from 700 feet away is normal. Someone could be aiming 5 feet from your body and Needlers/Plasma weapons will magnetize towards you. It's very frustrating to play competitively.

don't forget you shots don't always register and magically go back into your BR.

IronWarrior

Neo Member

I like that it lets you spawn in with a magnum on some modes. Having something that is headshot capable is marginally better than SMG starts.

H2A's netcode feels way, way, way worse than anything else in MCC. The amount of rubber banding and bullet refunding is through the roof.

And then there's gems like 4v4 SMG starts on Bloodline.

Fuchsdh

Oh. Too bad. Was going to try it out. Thanks!

It's mediocre. You can find enjoyment from it if you're not taking it too seriously, but it's definitely not on par with Forward Unto Dawn.

Still think I'd obliterate Halo Legends from the canon continuum if I had the power, but Nightfall came damn close.

So I'm watching my Xbox One update after turning it on for the first time in a week, and a thought occurs. Bear in mind, dear reader, this is after playing Metro 2033: Redeaux on my computer after a similar time interval.

A thought strikes me: What if there was a world where playing games on games playing consoles was actually less trouble than through a Personal Computer??

A delicious absurdity to be sure, but can you image such a place? Such a delightful fancy can scarcely be held in the mind's eye!

GrizzNKev

Banned
So I'm watching my Xbox One update after turning it on for the first time in a week, and a thought occurs. Bear in mind, dear reader, this is after playing Metro 2033: Redeaux on my computer after a similar time interval.

A thought strikes me: What if there was a world where playing games on games playing consoles was actually less trouble than through a Personal Computer??

A delicious absurdity to be sure, but can you image such a place? Such a delightful fancy can scarcely be held in the mind's eye!

No joke, the Vita is the most convenient gaming device I've ever owned.

Fuchsdh

Psh, consoles might have adopted some unsavory traits from PCs but they'll never be as finicky and annoying. I rather enjoy not having to manually adjust preference files or install specialized drivers.

Psh, consoles might have adopted some unsavory traits from PCs but they'll never be as finicky and annoying. I rather enjoy not having to manually adjust preference files or install specialized drivers.

Disagree. My xbox one is slow, unresponsive, need to pay for online, bad performance for average graphics, blah blah blah.

If you build a PC and know what you are doing it's smooth sailing.

Mouse, keyboard, and compatible peripherals (headsets) and unparalleled customization.

Learn computers bruh ;)

I want
the Flood
to be back already so badly.

Heck yessss

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I snag the sniper in the beginning and got betrayed, motherfucker killed me to get my gun. I didn't do anything, asshole did the same thing again. Fuckkkkk.... this shit boils my blood.

-Ryn

Banned
No way is the Flood gone yet

I hope...

Consoles are practically obsolete at this point

Madness

Consoles are practically obsolete at this point

Is that why you still haven't bought one? Haha, I don't know if I agree though. These consoles are underpowered, but tthey'll still be providing us with top quality gaming even 3-4 years from now most likely. Can you say the same about low or mid range videos cards or cpu for PC's? If they can give us GTA V in 2013 with Xbox 360 hardware from 2005, imagine what we'll still get with these consoles.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Auto update. Use it.

*Typed on a PC while playing Hearthstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom