• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
An ODST successor where they further explore the stealth and tactical elements would be rad. Loved the feeling that game had.

belushy

Banned
Yesterday in Ninjas stream people were asking one of the pro team member neighbour all about h5 lol...

Man and some people really hope that he has the force to change everything, it was so funny to read.

Of course the pro team is able to give away feedback, but they are not the ones that change stuff on the game.

And it was interesting that he said that he works with the ARENA Team. I really want to see that other half of Multiplayer. I would rather see it early to give away feedback.

Hopefully at e3!

Omni

ODST's campaign was kinda fun... But it was so ultimately pointless that I just couldn't like it all that much. I remember having a lot of complaints at launch.

I really dislike prequels as a whole, tbh. Firefight is where I spent most of my time.

Halo 3 ODST did have an awesome campaign, but I can't help but feel that it could have been more. It was promoted as this stealthy single player experience where you wouldn't be able to tackle the amount of enemies you could in the regular Halo games, and where you'd had to rely on clever tactics to survive encounters.

What kinda ruined this, was that the stealth weapons (silenced SMG, en the pistol), were purely cosmetic in their function. If you'd kill one enemy, even without the rest of the group seeing you, they'd still know where you are, and come after you. Another thing I disliked, was that even though you played as ODSTs, you were still pretty much as strong as a spartan. The only real difference was that you had non recharging health. Stamina functioned as a shield that was maybe a little weaker than that of a Spartan.

I get that real stealth weapons and gameplay were perhaps too difficult to pull of on a modified Halo 3 engine, and that playing as a ''real'' ODST perhaps would have been too difficult for players, but I really hope that, if 343 ever considers to make a similar game, they take things like these into consideration. That and all the things Halo 3 ODST really nailed. Things like the film noir film (music and graphics), and Sadie's story really did bring the empty city to life.

Madness

Uhm the Beta wasnt one year from Launch.

Beta launched in December, the game is schedulded for October. That means at the end of September or very early in October, gold status.

So thats 8-9 months of production.

Splitting hairs no? The beta was most likely finalized before December seeing as how the early beta for Preview program members had commenced on the 19th of December and 343 friends and employees were also playing it before that. Also, the game comes out October 27th, which is basically November. Gold status means what these days in the era of day one patches? It's still ALMOST a year since beta then. Plenty of time to iron out any issues. There should be no way they can bungle this launch.

jem0208

Not really relevant to how well the game will actually work at launch (I personally think it'll be fine). However Neighbor (a member of the 343 pro team) was saying the changes made after the beta have massively improved the game.

Obviously he's not going to say anything bad about the game but it still got me quite excited to see the changes in action.

So Halo Channel still isn't fixed?

Why on earth would I click on the "Watch Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes" on MCC to watch the first Locke introduction, then go immediately into the epilogue with Locke, and then watch some HCS video?

If I bring up a playlist I expect it to play that list in order. I shouldn't have to navigate to the "more episodes" every time and manually select the next video in the sequence.

343 can't even get playlists right come on

Omni

Why on earth would I click on the "Watched Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes" on MCC to watch the first Locke introduction, then go immediately into the prologue with Locke, and then watch some HCS video?

If I bring up a playlist I expect it to play that list in order. I shouldn't have to navigate to the "more episodes" every time and manually select the next video in the sequence.

lol the cutscenes aren't even in English for me. Well some of them.

Computer

Why on earth would I click on the "Watch Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes" on MCC to watch the first Locke introduction, then go immediately into the epilogue with Locke, and then watch some HCS video?

The Halo channel is nothing but fail. The UI is terrible in every way.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Q6fcEkN.gif

Karl2177

For MCC is there a way to see what medals you've earned on Halo waypoint? The stats page there seems pretty bare bones.
On Waypoint, no. In the MCC, yes but it's a toss up on whether the games actually register it. From what I can tell, Halo 2 Anniversary games are almost a gauarantee to register and Halo 3 doesn't register very often.

Mistel

Banned
Well prepare for it to be 10, because 343 really seems to have zero idea what they're doing when it comes to playlist.
Their playlist management is truly awful, it wouldn't surprise me if they up the player count without countering issues with game types.

Battlefield Halo

More tuned to the specifics of Halo, a bit like DICE's take on battlefront is my dream Halo game.

I've already mastered arena halo, I'm practically the best here. Need a new challenge.

Pls ask Ram, Henery and Oddone for references.

Danny 117

They'd have to seriously rebalance the sandbox for large scale BTB to work. If you were to run out into the open and have 32 battle rifle bursts roll down on you, you wouldn't survive. It'd just be absolute carnage.
I'm very interested to see if they do have this big new BTB experience or maybe its all just BS.

Hope they take another look at truth.

Just played Heretic on Halo 3 and thinking back, while they did make the map bigger to accommodate sprint; the cover proportions were VERY off (hopefully it has plasma nade starts too) Truth was waaay too open.

I have mastered Halo. Let's move on to a more relevant franchise.

Not Destiny, Impala.

Battlefield Halo

More tuned to the specifics of Halo, a bit like DICE's take on battlefront is my dream Halo game.

I've already mastered arena halo, I'm practically the best here. Need a new challenge.

Pls ask Ram, Henery and Oddone for references.

A game with only you is my dream, BB.

singhr1

On Waypoint, no. In the MCC, yes but it's a toss up on whether the games actually register it. From what I can tell, Halo 2 Anniversary games are almost a gauarantee to register and Halo 3 doesn't register very often.

Are you talking about all medals? Because Halo 3 is restricted to only Halo 3 medals. So no assist medals, etc.

Karl2177

Are you talking about all medals? Because Halo 3 is restricted to only Halo 3 medals. So no assist medals, etc.
All medals. There was a patch that supposedly addressed the issue of Halo 3 medals not registering in the career medal chest, but it didn't appear to work. I should have at least 3 sharpshooter medals in my chest(1 from H2A, 2 from Halo 3) but it only shows 1. I also should have many more Triple Doubles and Steaktaculars, which all say they work in Halo 3 but I haven't had a single one register yet.

Whilst working in a cutscene that wouldn't work in a game type least well, it'd be heavies on steroids with even more issues.

I honestly think it's down to balancing the systems around it properly. It probably wouldn't work for Slayer, but for the right kind of objectives, something that pulls your team around and makes you split up, it could work.

Also, they'd finally have to fix vehicles.

Welfare

Anything above 8v8 should have dedicated maps and gametypes tied with them.

16v16 CTF or KotH doesn't seem that fun with all of Halo 5's new abilities and the addition of new weapons and vehicles.

Anything above 8v8 should have dedicated maps and gametypes tied with them.

16v16 CTF or KotH doesn't seem that fun with all of Halo 5's new abilities and the addition of new weapons and vehicles.

Maps, definitely. Traditional BTB maps wouldn't cut it, you'd need larger infantry-only spaces. Something like Crazy King with 3 hills could work, and maybe CTF.

-Ryn

Banned
CTF could definitely work.

Make it an objective that requires you to take down certain defenses to get to, get out before the defenses are brought up again, and then high tail through the map to base with multiple ways to do it like through the air with a Falcon, on the ground with a Warthog, or on foot by using tunnel systems or buildings with coordinated defense from your team.

Balancing large scale BTB wouldn't be too hard I'd imagine. First you'd need a variety of vehicles to keep things from being stale. Then you might have to revamp the spawn system a bit. Maybe make it an ODST drop or something. Maps would need to be designed with it in mind.

Funnily enough I think Dominion could work pretty well with a super BTB model.

Make it an objective that requires you to take down certain defenses to get to, get out before the defenses are brought up again, and then high tail through the map to base with multiple ways to do it like through the air with a Falcon, on the ground with a Warthog, or on foot by using tunnel systems or buildings with coordinated defense from your team.

So 16v16 Invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom