• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Yeah as much as I would like to get all the achievement for this game. Today I took few min just too browse through them, and no. No way I am getting even half of those.

Is this the most time consuming achievement hunt EVER? I think so.

This really needs to be a gif

EDIT: Fixed! Sorry mobile users, it's a big'un.

vaCQ7Zp.gif

-Ryn

Banned
Halo sure is fun

Is that why you still haven't bought one? Haha, I don't know if I agree though. These consoles are underpowered, but tthey'll still be providing us with top quality gaming even 3-4 years from now most likely. Can you say the same about low or mid range videos cards or cpu for PC's? If they can give us GTA V in 2013 with Xbox 360 hardware from 2005, imagine what we'll still get with these consoles.
lol I wish

It's not so much their lack of upgradability that I find to be a problem (though it is annoying that games stuck on consoles need to be held back because of it). My issue is mainly that consoles don't fulfill the roles they originally had going for them. Back in the day consoles had a huge advantage because of local multiplayer and plug in n' play. They were simple, quick, and great for gaming. Now though you need to do huge updates at launch, local multiplayer is sadly on the fall aside from mostly indie games and Nintendo, and they aren't really focused on gaming anymore. They're underpowered (and limited) gaming PC's.

Then we've got console game exclusivity which just makes it worse. It segregates gaming communities with $300 - $400 paywalls and hurts the games themselves. It creates an enviornment where the games serve the consoles they play on and not the other way around. Consoles just are not good for games anymore. Especially when huge AAA games that you likely bought the consoles for aren't even guaranteed to work from day one these days. It's a mess.

I suppose it may be hypocritical of me given that if I had the money I would go out and buy every console right now. I wouldn't be doing it because I want the consoles though. They're the ball and chain I begrudgingly accept to play my favorite games and with my fellow gaming peeps.

--

Did I mention Halo is fun?

jelly

Halo CEA on 360 has the best achievements, all single player, few co-op ones and as far as achievements go, are quite fun and challenging without being a chore or a boring checklist.

343, never do multiplayer achievements again, can't we just play the objective of the playlist instead of players with OCD trying to get those achievements that force them to play a certain way.

Leyasu

Banned
People just can't be trusted with the ability to damage teammates. I'd rather deal with the cheap tactics no friendly fire encourages than deal with bad sports on my team shooting at me or throwing poorly thought out grenades near me to maybe get a kill

I have gotta agree, take away friendly fire, and it solves quite a few problems. I hope halo 5 stays like the beta.

They're the ball and chain I begrudgingly accept to play my favorite games and with my fellow gaming peeps.

--

Did I mention Halo is fun?

Just downloaded a bunch of GREAT indie games the current console doesn't have access to. Replaying classics. Modding old games to breathe new life into them. It's so much fun and flexible my wife wants me to sell or XboxOne. Only reason I don't is because of Halo 5 and Gears.

They really are ball in chains.

-Ryn

Banned
Just downloaded a bunch of GREAT indie games the current console doesn't have access to. Replaying classics. Modding old games to breathe new life into them. It's so much fun and flexible my wife wants me to sell or XboxOne. Only reason I don't is because of Halo 5 and Gears.

They really are ball in chains.
I would love to get into modding. Just gotta learn how...

Once I get my laptop back I will definitely be jumping on some Indie action and some classic games. I've been playing on consoles for most of my life and I love what they brought to gaming, but they've done their job and I think it's time we move on to something else like gaming PC's with an Xbox (Playstation, Sony, etc.) system installed, built in controller support, and whatever other peripherals they come up with. Gaming needs to grow.

That said, I'll never sell my consoles lol

Funnily enough, I think Nintendo are the only ones that are really making GAME consoles anymore. For that, they have my respect.

SaganIsGOAT

Halo CEA on 360 has the best achievements, all single player, few co-op ones and as far as achievements go, are quite fun and challenging without being a chore or a boring checklist.

343, never do multiplayer achievements again, can't we just play the objective of the playlist instead of players with OCD trying to get those achievements that force them to play a certain way.

Word

Halo 1, 2, 2A (on some levels) and 4 all feel pretty ok now, Halo 3 still feels like something is off in the MCC. It is probably Halo 3 itself though lol

Stacey

Banned
Is there any dedicated servers in this game?

Played my first 20-30 games today and pretty much all of them were laggy as hell. Not a good first impression :(

RowdyReverb

Halo 1, 2, 2A (on some levels) and 4 all feel pretty ok now, Halo 3 still feels like something is off in the MCC. It is probably Halo 3 itself though lol
Is it the lack of hitscan BR or the slow movement speed? Those two are the annoyances that set H3 apart in the MCC. I really love H3's big team maps though

I ran into you lot on that Waterworks game last night, I didn't play very well but it was fun. It took us longer than expected taking out the Wraiths and they kept wrecking me.

Akai__

had people load in mid match on halo 3, first two made it and then the other two joined some time after.

This wasn't the case here, because my buddy loaded into an other game all by himself, too. I had those matches and people would join in the first 30 seconds, but I waited like 2 minutes, before I quit.

Stacey

Banned
Halo 4 has an infinitely better netcode than CE, 2 and 3 put together, it's almost embarrassing how badly those 3 perform.

Roll on Halo 4 ranked .

So I just tried playing mcc in a party for the first time since the hot fix. Tried for like ten minutes to get in the same party as my friend and failed.

It's like launch night all over again. What's going on?

rrc1594

I need some Halo 5, to get rid of this MCC taste out my mouth. Unlike some of you lucky bastards I didn't get to play the beta

Madness

There better not be a single damn problem with Halo 5's launch. 3 year dev time, 1 year from beta. Should be perfect.

But I'm a superstitious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall launch- If the game should get lag, or if the game crashes when joining parties- or if the servers are struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some of the people at 343 and that I do not forgive.

There better not be a single damn problem with Halo 5's launch. 3 year dev time, 1 year from beta. Should be perfect.

But I'm a superstitious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall launch- If the game should get lag, or if the game crashes when joining parties- or if the servers are struck by a bolt of lightning, them I'm going to blame some of the people at 343 and that I do not forgive.

+1 for good reference

Deception

Wanted to play a game of Halo 2 classic... Couldn't find a game over 15 mins of searching, exited game and played Hard line. Why you do this to me MCC?!?

But I'm a superstitious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall launch- If the game should get lag, or if the game crashes when joining parties- or if the servers are struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some of the people at 343 and that I do not forgive.

Uhm the Beta wasnt one year from Launch.

Beta launched in December, the game is schedulded for October. That means at the end of September or very early in October, gold status.

So thats 8-9 months of production.

-Ryn

Banned
Uhm the Beta wasnt one year from Launch.

Beta launched in December, the game is schedulded for October. That means at the end of September or very early in October, gold status.

So thats 8-9 months of production.
Eh

Close enough to a year that it'll be able to make an impact on game design.

Yesterday in Ninjas stream people were asking one of the pro team member neighbour all about h5 lol...

Man and some people really hope that he has the force to change everything, it was so funny to read.

Of course the pro team is able to give away feedback, but they are not the ones that change stuff on the game.

And it was interesting that he said that he works with the ARENA Team. I really want to see that other half of Multiplayer. I would rather see it early to give away feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom