• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Who's Duff Mckagan?

br4J6m7.jpg

FyreWulff

Guns n roses bassist.

Sometimes I wish I was born decades ago so the music I like would be the music everyone likes, instead of people making fun of me because I love "dad rock"

We're only 3 years away from anyone born the day Halo 1 came out from being old enough for the M rating

olllllllld

GrizzNKev

Banned
We're only 3 years away from anyone born the day Halo 1 came out from being old enough for the M rating

olllllllld

I was 8 years old when Halo 1 launched.

That sentence is so embarrassing to say. Not because I think I'm old, but because I feel like it discredits my love for Halo in some way.

people freak out when I let them listen to my music on shuffle.

Goes from Rock to Hardcore rap to Metal to Chiptune dubstep in a matter of minutes.

Mix

Witcher 3 tomorrow! Should make the wait til E3 and Halo 5 gameplay easier.

So this is fun...

The Witcher 3 was internally confirmed to go on sale digitally at 7pm EST, Gamestop (where I work lol) decided they were going to hold off on selling it unless someone came in and complained about it/threatened to cancel to purchase it digitally. This was companywide and decided upon a few days ago. So today at about 5:45 CST/ 6:45 EST our store got a phone call from the area manager saying "Hey, lets just cut out the potential for customer dissatisfaction and sell the game at 6" (I live in Texas, so I'm going by CST). My manager calls me hurriedly and tells me to come in asap so I do and lo and behold, we start selling at 6. People were playing the game HOURS ago.

Nothing too special/Halo related, just an interesting thing that happened with it's release. probably the most interesting bit is that this may become standard. Last year Gamestop moved all release events to coincide with digital release, so midnight east coast, 11pm CST, 9pm PST, etc. It'll be interesting to see if it takes off.

EDIT: also, I totally went all out on it, CE guide, Expansion pass, the works. currently installing lol

So this is fun...

The Witcher 3 was internally confirmed to go on sale digitally at 7pm EST, Gamestop (where I work lol) decided they were going to hold off on selling it unless someone came in and complained about it/threatened to cancel to purchase it digitally. This was companywide and decided upon a few days ago. So today at about 5:45 CST/ 6:45 EST our store got a phone call from the area manager saying "Hey, lets just cut out the potential for customer dissatisfaction and sell the game at 6" (I live in Texas, so I'm going by CST). My manager calls me hurriedly and tells me to come in asap so I do and lo and behold, we start selling at 6. People were playing the game HOURS ago.

Nothing too special/Halo related, just an interesting thing that happened with it's release. probably the most interesting bit is that this may become standard. Last year Gamestop moved all release events to coincide with digital release, so midnight east coast, 11pm CST, 9pm PST, etc. It'll be interesting to see if it takes off.

EDIT: also, I totally went all out on it, CE guide, Expansion pass, the works. currently installing lol

They did the same for COD:AW didn't they?

Mix

They did the same for COD:AW didn't they?

COD: AW was actually the start of it all. Wal Mart, being the shit heads they are, decided to launch the game countrywide at the same time. Wal Mart, like most big retailers, breaks street date all the time and don't care because they have the money and lawyers to cover their asses for it. Gamestop said fuck it and made it a policy after the fiasco with Wally world. It significantly hurt GS's business, Wal Mart releasing that early. We had customers walk into our store, "return" their yet received copies of the game (because of the "Pre-Ring" process* Gamestop adopted years ago) and drove/walked right down the road to Wal Mart to buy their copies 30 minutes before we got the call to go ahead and give the game out.

This process being that you finish paying for the game at 9/10pm get your final receipt so that at midnight we just cross off your receipt and send you home

-Ryn

Banned
I wish I had more of my old N64 games.

In the wait for Halo news and my eventual Xbone
r
, I've been playing through a bunch of my games. Dark Souls has been interesting to say the least as I'm trying to level my character back up so I can finish a run through with my friend guy pal (saves got erased somehow).

It'd be nice to have some colorful games with a light hearted wimsy. Dark Souls does not have wimsy. Just bromance and a hot dragon hybrid.

--

What if we had the ability to hold X to rappel from a flying vehicle or to stay attached to a Ground vehicle while it was still going? That'd be neat.

Wut.

You could have taken the high road and fixed your abomination, but instead you choose to dig your hole even deeper.
Fight or flight

Gringo is a fighter

I was 8 years old when Halo 1 launched.

That sentence is so embarrassing to say. Not because I think I'm old, but because I feel like it discredits my love for Halo in some way.

I was 5 when CE came out, no shame for me. Still got to enjoy the games as much as anyone else later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom