• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

xposting from HBO

Halo 3 360 Mapathon

Any of you have your 360 still? Halo 3? And most importantly, all of the DLC?
If any of you are interested, I need to collect the latest and absolutely verified matchmaking updated version of every Halo 3 developer map for a project. Your help will be credited in this public project once all the maps are collected. Unfortunately due to the current state of Halo 3's population... it is EXTREMELY hard to get non-disc maps, and takes a while since Social Slayer is the only playlist that reliably works.

This is the checklist of maps collected:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dxL0v3AkSsEn1Gn_Hc3hgITwXpKP9fDpzkFT0Qx-bho/pubhtml

Time: Late Saturday, 7pm CST (8 ET, 5 PST) - 10pm CST (11 EST, 8 PST) June 6th

We need enough people to at least control the veto in social playlists (ie, 6 people in a 5v5). I will tell you if a map needs to be vetoed away since we already have it, please don't veto otherwise. Games will be played legitimately unless we have a full game party in which case whatever goes as long as the game ends faster than the time limit.

All DLC required to participate, since it'd be helpful to enter the Mythic-only playlists and other DLC playlists to speed up getting DLC variants.

If interested send a text message to 360 gamertag 'FyreWulff' and i'll attempt to invite you when it starts.

(I've set it as June 6th to wait until after Americans have gone through Memorial Day weekend and to get some distance from the House of Wolves release)

Madness

HTS wasn't really related to the HuntTheTruth podcasts.

Halopedia has a good writeup of both though:

http://www.halopedia.org/Hunt_the_Signal

http://www.halopedia.org/Hunt_the_Truth

Thanks. Crazy that you came in second in the world. How close were you to winning though?

Puzzle-solving ARG, I believe. Teams of four, work together to solve things.

Yeah, seems interesting. Teams of 4 would be tough for the average fan to get going.

Go listen to the podcasts.

Nah, I'd rather just wait for recap. Don't know what it is, just don't like listening to podcasts anymore.

Chapter_1_gif.gif

Pretty interesting how they still show the old Mark VI design anytime they talk about it, but they have never explained why Chief's armor was changed, and whether it replaces or supersedes the old armor, or whether every Mark VI wearer looks like Chief, or if Chief is now a one-off design etc.

Bastos

btw, is there any way to play against bots or something so I can walk around the maps in MP to check weapon placement, its respawn times, points of advantage, etc.

Kinda hard to try to know the maps while being shot by experienced players.

btw, is there any way to play against bots or something so I can walk around the maps in MP to check weapon placement, its respawn times, points of advantage, etc.

unfortunately not. Its something that a lot of people have clamored for, for a while.

Impala26

btw, is there any way to play against bots or something so I can walk around the maps MP to check weapon placement, its respawn times, points of advantage, etc.

926.gif

Halo 3, 4 and 2 Anny have Forge mode where you can check EVERYTHING like that.

As for Halo CE and Halo 2 Classic, you'd just have to start a custom game by your lonesome.

Bastos

unfortunately not. Its something that a lot of people have clamored for, for a while.
Aww :c

Halo 3, 4 and 2 Anny have Forge mode where you can check EVERYTHING like that.

As for Halo CE and Halo 2 Classic, you'd just have to start a custom game by your lonesome.
What's so funny? Hehe :p

Just wanted to practice against bots to know weapon behaviour with more detail, etc.

Specially since I already noticed some combos like Shotgun+Melee and the Charge Shot + BR headshot (this one is cheap af, lol. Homing shot? Damn)

Will try this Forge mode later then.

EDIT: and what's with this sprint in Halo 4? Wtf.

Karl2177

xposting from HBO

Halo 3 360 Mapathon

Any of you have your 360 still? Halo 3? And most importantly, all of the DLC?
If any of you are interested, I need to collect the latest and absolutely verified matchmaking updated version of every Halo 3 developer map for a project. Your help will be credited in this public project once all the maps are collected. Unfortunately due to the current state of Halo 3's population... it is EXTREMELY hard to get non-disc maps, and takes a while since Social Slayer is the only playlist that reliably works.

This is the checklist of maps collected:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dxL0v3AkSsEn1Gn_Hc3hgITwXpKP9fDpzkFT0Qx-bho/pubhtml

Time: Late Saturday, 7pm CST (8 ET, 5 PST) - 10pm CST (11 EST, 8 PST) June 6th

We need enough people to at least control the veto in social playlists (ie, 6 people in a 5v5). I will tell you if a map needs to be vetoed away since we already have it, please don't veto otherwise. Games will be played legitimately unless we have a full game party in which case whatever goes as long as the game ends faster than the time limit.

All DLC required to participate, since it'd be helpful to enter the Mythic-only playlists and other DLC playlists to speed up getting DLC variants.

If interested send a text message to 360 gamertag 'FyreWulff' and i'll attempt to invite you when it starts.

(I've set it as June 6th to wait until after Americans have gone through Memorial Day weekend and to get some distance from the House of Wolves release)

I should be able to help.

Considering the Flood as we know it basically lost all of its biomass at the end of Halo 3, I really hope they revamp the way they play, provided they show up. Since the CE Flood were always more about movement / "map" control, it'd be neat if the forms mirrored Spartan Abilities this time around. Carriers and infection forms would still follow a similar formula, but human Combat Forms could clamber with their tentacles, Elites could "thrust" by juking / sidestepping like they did in Reach, Brutes could hover / Jump Jet, etc. Maybe even have some ground-pounding units!

Hologram-using Flood as well too pls

Haruko

Thanks. Crazy that you came in second in the world. How close were you to winning though?

Sorta close, but it was bad timing.

On the day the endgame was discovered/solved, 2 of my teammates were moving into a new apartment and had no internet, and the fourth was camping for the weekend in rural Canada.

I went to see Mad Max on Saturday morning, and came home to find the endgame entry page was found. I had to scramble.

EDIT: It is kind of amusing that the top two teams are named after former Halo ARGs. I wonder if 3rd place is named IRIS.

Really hope there's a chronological playlist that throws ODST in the middle of Halo 2. Though I wonder how a playlist would work with the night part.

So modders have found that Halo Online may support Firefight (HUD details newly created that match up similarly with ODST/Reach FF).

I'd be sad if HO got FF and MCC didn't.

Unrelated, but now you have me missing Reach Beta-era Generator Defense. :( I loved the shit out of that gametype and was super bummed the final version of it was nothing like the beta version and wasn't matchmade anyway. I know why it happened (it was stripped down and changed for the beta so they could test campaign netcode without including Firefight-proper in the beta), but I wish that experience didn't wind up stuck in the beta...

MMaRsu

Huy everyone! Yesterday I rebought a 360 with a bunch of games for a good price. I also bought Halo Reach today. Sadly I only have an external hdd, so I cant use the coop firefight online or anything.

I have the first two mappacks, is there still a population online if you dont have the Defiant mappack?

Because for Reach Id buy Gold

Huy everyone! Yesterday I rebought a 360 with a bunch of games for a good price. I also bought Halo Reach today. Sadly I only have an external hdd, so I cant use the coop firefight online or anything.

I have the first two mappacks, is there still a population online if you dont have the Defiant mappack?

Yeah you'll be fine without Defiant. In fact practically no one has it.

FyreWulff

afiak there is no playlist in Reach that even requires Defiant. It's Anniversary or nothing.

BlackJet

I'm wondering if 343 is porting ODST not just to make up but also to tie in Buck, who everyone thinks is on Team Locke.

Do we have an official name for Jul's forces yet?

RowdyReverb

Unrelated, but now you have me missing Reach Beta-era Generator Defense. :( I loved the shit out of that gametype and was super bummed the final version of it was nothing like the beta version and wasn't matchmade anyway. I know why it happened (it was stripped down and changed for the beta so they could test campaign netcode without including Firefight-proper in the beta), but I wish that experience didn't wind up stuck in the beta...
You're not alone. I loved Generator defense. There really needs to be a matchmaking co-op playlist. Spartan Ops was almost the right idea, but the recycled levels and tedious Promethean enemies made it a bit of a chore. Really crossing my fingers for something great in this area for H5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom