• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an up to date list of currently released and upcoming Halo Novels?

I'm trying to figure out what all I need.

The Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Contact Harvest
The Cole Protocol

Forerunner Saga:
Cryptum
Primoridium
Silentium

Kilo-Five:
Glasslands
Thursday War
Mortal Dictata

Evolutions (Vol. 1 & 2, short story anthology)

Broken Circle
New Blood (digital only)

Upcoming:
Hunters in the Dark (June 16th)
Saint's Testimony (digital only, July 27th)
Last Light (Sep. 7th)
Shadow of Intent (digital only, Dec. 7th)

...was the Mantle's Approach intentionally made in the shape of the Sephirot?

Albero_della_Vita_di_Davide_Tonato.jpg

Fuchsdh

It's first thing I thought of when I saw it too. Looks like a Metapod or a Reaper from Mass Effect.

That was the one I thought of.

I actually like its design, although like many things I think they went a bit too far on the Tron stuff. It's also wagnerian in size, which seems like overkill.

Metapod's a good candidate. I doubt it's supposed to be the Sephirot, probably just shooting for "coffin."

Also, I like it, mostly because of how stupidly fuckhuege it is.

I never understood why they didn't bring back. They don't have to give a detailed explanation for why he would survive the destruction of the new Installation 04. Just bring him back like in Halo 2.

They do in the books, tho.

BlackJet

Why would the Didact need a ship that large? No wonder the forerunners lost to the flood. They were too busy wasting resources on absurdly large things.

Forerunners are the 1% confirmed.

DeathDieDeath

Neo Member
Why would the Didact need a ship that large? No wonder the forerunners lost to the flood. They were too busy wasting resources on absurdly large things.

Forerunners are the 1% confirmed.

I think the Didact is compensating for...you know. Being locked up all that time with his jedi death grip surely wasn't good for his member.

Fuchsdh

It is large, but then again, Halo's megastructures are absurd anyhow, let alone Trevalyan, which is the size of our solar system.

VinFTW

Hey boys, picked up a bunch of games, one of which was Destiny w/ the expansion packs. Gonna dabble with it here and there in between Witcher and other games. Got it on Xbox, think my character is like 27 or 29 or something.

I've never done Crota or pretty much anything in both expansions so if any of you HaloGAF bros want to do nightfalls, strikes, etc. add me.

GT: vin ftw

SaganIsGOAT

That was seriously without a doubt the "lowest" I've felt emotionally in the entire Halo series.

Okay, a tie between that and the "Lone Wolves" ending of Reach.

Chief basically loses in the last 3 levels.

Shutdown - Cortana shits the bed and they fail at trying to contain the Didact on Requiem
Composer - Fail to stop the Didact from taking back the Composer, everyone on the station is Composed
Midnight - Chief defeats the Didact but loses Cortana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom