• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliQ

I wonder if MCC will ever work well.

At this point it's pretty safe to assume that MCC will never be in a place where we all expected it to be at launch.

I don't want to make excuses but I'm pretty sure they but off more then they could chew. In hind sight they probably should have rolled out MCC in stages. Start with H2A then add on the other games as they locked it down.

Who am I kidding though I would have complained the whole time about how they didn't release the game all at once. First world problems.

The main thing that angers me about the MCC launch is that the community has essentially crumbled. The hype before launch was unreal and we'll never get that back.

Welfare

Now, this is a significant change, and here’s how we’re thinking about it: For starters, objective game types often lose the vote to Slayer or Slayer BRs due to ties, and this change will default to objective game types in the event of a draw.

Fix your tie system so you wouldn't have to do this. Being on the left shouldn't guarantee the win in a tie.

Madness

The main thing that angers me about the MCC launch is that the community has essentially crumbled. The hype before launch was unreal and we'll never get that back.

I'd say the community is left off even worse than it was before MCC was announced. Look at Halo 5, which can be a really good game, and note how lackluster the hype is for Halo. Anecdotally the very people who took time off work to play MCC with me on launch, are more excited for Battlefront and don't even care much about Halo 5. Even I have this apathy towards Halo now. It's just meh for me. Playing sub-par CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 experiences has also killed a little of the reverence I had for the games. I still love them all, but I probably will never want to buy and play them again, would rather remember them as they were at their respective launches.

Nowise10

Bungies newest expansion is probably one of the most satisfying DLC's in recent memory, for any game. Ya'll should play it. Trials of Osiris is incredibly amazing, even if your not a big fan of the regular Destiny matchmaking.

Impala26

God do I hate Thorn...

Sorry about bailing after that Hard VoG attempt, my router CONTINUED to have issues even after that. Called my ISP (Comcast) and at least they're sending a tech down to inspect my situation TOMORROW. My phone's wifi gave me a more stable connection the little I used it, haha.

Still wanna try Trials this weekend if you're up for it, but god do I hate that green-spewing bastard gun.

They need to fix the game, add file share, and make it free with gold in order to boost the population.

They should have used ranked and social "folders" like bungie did in the Halo 3 UI.

Also there is no reason why I should be starting with an SMG or AR in a ranked playlist in 2015. Please fix that.

At this point it's pretty safe to assume that MCC will never be in a place where we all expected it to be at launch.

I don't want to make excuses but I'm pretty sure they but off more then they could chew. In hind sight they probably should have rolled out MCC in stages. Start with H2A then add on the other games as they locked it down.

Who am I kidding though I would have complained the whole time about how they didn't release the game all at once. First world problems.

Honestly, my wife and I are seriously considering selling our consoles and being officially done with them.

PC gaming has been nothing but a pleasure:
-better controls
-customizable
-longevity/backwards compatible
-better graphics/performance
-more games
-variety of peripherals of your choice
-modular/upgradeable
-tons of great sales
-mods

I can't think of a single reason to keep my Xbox besides Gears of War and Halo. Really don't know if that's worth it anymore. MCC has made me exhausted/fatigued with Halo, no matter how good the Halo 5 beta was. Also, FPS with controller officially sucks.

Convince me GAF

Hubble

Well, it does kind of make sense to keep the cross-game playlists unranked.

No, it doesn't. It's pretty obvious 343 has had no idea what the community wants including Halo 5.

For example, the HCS population has clearly spiked since the introduction of ranks with many people now wanting to get as high as possible. The same would exactly happen with the other playlists with ranks. Many people are not even going to bother now for the unranked lists.

I'd say the community is left off even worse than it was before MCC was announced. Look at Halo 5, which can be a really good game, and note how lackluster the hype is for Halo. Anecdotally the very people who took time off work to play MCC with me on launch, are more excited for Battlefront and don't even care much about Halo 5. Even I have this apathy towards Halo now. It's just meh for me. Playing sub-par CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 experiences has also killed a little of the reverence I had for the games. I still love them all, but I probably will never want to buy and play them again, would rather remember them as they were at their respective launches.

Im in the same Situation.

Tried to play MCC yesterday. We played for an hour and man. Something feels off with the Halo 3 NetCode/Hitdetection.

Why is it so, when im playing on a Dedicated Server, that two people in a match have this host advantage? Why is this still there? And i feels like that Elite models have a even more broken Hitbox and a lot of shots wont register. I saved two clips or so about this.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-5-22-15

New update

EDIT:

"Halo 3: All AR-start Slayer replaced with BR-start"

HALLELUJAH

Uhm if i read that right, its only for the doubles playlist. Which i dont care about.

And it sounds like ODST wont make it in May... Because it cant be right that there is still no Date/ETA for this.

Hubble

I am not sure how ranks have just been formally introduced in the HCS playlist two weeks ago. That is THE most important thing of why players play and has since caused a population boost. Now that it has been SO LONG for the ranks to happen, it is too late with many people moving on from Halo sickened on how the MCC was handled. Ranks should have been a grade 1 priority for Halo.

jem0208

Honestly, my wife and I are seriously considering selling our consoles and being officially done with them.

-better controls
-customizable
-more games
-modular/upgradeable
-tons of great sales
-mods

I can't think of a single reason to keep my Xbox besides Gears of War and Halo. Really don't know if that's worth it anymore. MCC has made me exhausted/fatigued with Halo, no matter how good the Halo 5 beta was. Also, FPS with controller officially sucks.

Convince me GAF

Not sure how interested you are in these but hey, here's some reasons:

- Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny (It's actually really good...)
- Forza Horizon 2 (probably my favourite game of last year)
- Killer Instinct
- EA Access (Not really a game but it is amazing value, $30 gets you BF4, Plants vs Zombies, NFS Rivals, Peggle 2 and a bunch of sports games like FIFA 15 for a year)

- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Quantum Break
- Scalebound
- Crackdown
- Forza 6
- GOW Remake and the new game by Black Tusk

I know this will probably get some flack but the MCC is genuinely fun to play now. Most games I get are smooth, matchmaking is pretty quick, skill matching actually works (in the ranked playlists at least), and now they're putting out a playlist update that makes AR/SMG starts far less likely to happen and objective much more likely.

Also the H5 beta was so good. If you genuinely aren't interested in anything else, why not just keep an X1 till H5 comes out and see what you think? If it doesn't live up to it sell the Xbox then.

Oh and E3 is just around the corner so we'll get more then as well.

Don't I already have you?

I did a mass cleaning of my FL, I may have accidentally removed you.

Actually I think so... I can never remember which gaffers I'm friends with.

Madness

For some reason I jusr bought that Halo MCC Map Book. I always wanted it and it wasn't sold here, so had to get it off some random Amazon seller. I am part of the problem.

BokehKing

Banned
You probably didn't see that Bungie PR guy's "the media reviewed the game too early" or "you are playing the game wrong" quotes. It was a PR trainwreck at launch.
Technically some people are probably still playing the game wrong.

Instead of waiting around for drops so you can level up and go into the higher level content. You can be doing bounties and weeklies / dailies in order to buy some vanguard gear that will lift you to 31/32 and make you easily viable for raids.

New expansion is a lot more enjoyable than crota.

Only complaint I have with this game is having a sprint penalty in the game when movement speed is slow. If your guardians walked moved faster with out special gun perks / skill tree and it would feel smoother. (ditching last gen and going 60fps would feel better than 30fps as well)

BokehKing

Banned

Convince me GAF
I'm in the same boat in regards to my x1, im probably going to wait until halo 5, beat that campaign and then sell it. Not a lot of interesting titles (imo) on Xbox.

As far as pc goes, GAF got me hyped to be a pc gamer, ended up spending $100's just to play $10 point and click games. Nothing really interest me on pc either. Probably just prefer a couch and controller.

Back on topic, I got MCC, late, waited until it was on sale ($32). Anyway, will miss out on free ODST, how much do you guys think they will sell it for?

So based off of the update header, they're finally adding in the H4 DLC armor? Because that's the Prefect armor in that image.

On that note, I wonder if they will ever patch in full armor editors for Halo 3 and 4.

Overdoziz

Banned

-better controls
-customizable
-more games
-modular/upgradeable
-tons of great sales
-mods

Convince me GAF
Aside from some mediocre, badly running exclusives and Bloodborne there isn't really much to keep me on console. Get that PC goodness.

FyreWulff

So based off of the update header, they're finally adding in the H4 DLC armor? Because that's the Prefect armor in that image.

On that note, I wonder if they will ever patch in full armor editors for Halo 3 and 4.

And an emblem editor. Every time I see you guys posts clips from the MCC it's impossible to tell what's going on because everyone in every game has the same emblem. It's extremely apparent in Halo 2 since it used emblems so heavily in-game for teammate location info.

And an emblem editor. Every time I see you guys posts clips from the MCC it's impossible to tell what's going on because everyone in every game has the same emblem. It's extremely apparent in Halo 2 since it used emblems so heavily in-game for teammate info.

I wish they'd find a way to just patch your H2A emblems into the older games so it was more cohesive in that regard, but I get why they wouldn't.

Akai__

Soon™ strikes again.

"Halo 3: All AR-start Slayer replaced with BR-start"

Uhm if i read that right, its only for the doubles playlist. Which i dont care about.

Nice troll from 343i again. Well, at least there's now a guaranteed Team BR's slot... Won't help much, if people vote for objective all the time, though.

Fix your tie system so you wouldn't have to do this. Being on the left shouldn't guarantee the win in a tie.

How would you fix it? Randomize it? I'm still a fan of "whatever gets the most votes 1st should get picked", that somebody suggested in here. Nothing more frustrating, than people voting in the last second for a trash gametype and winning the vote, because it's on the far left side.

I have a feeling this won't end well, because objective gametypes are way more team focused and we all know randoms are terrible. At least I can carry some of them in Slayer every once in a while, but I imagine it will be pretty hard in objective based gametypes.

Madness

Aside from some mediocre, badly running exclusives and Bloodborne there isn't really much to keep me on console. Get that PC goodness.

Might as well make MCC available on PC now. The game is free on console, packaging it with bundles. There is no more sales future for it. In about 5 months, most will move on to Halo 5 and leave it behind. But putting it on PC gives PC players a chance to experience Halo 3 and Halo 4 and ODST. They'll be able to fix the frame rate issues that H2A got because of weak hardware. And I bet the mod community will fix a lot of the issues. Giving them Forge tools for the first time and the benefits of theater, could see some amazing stuff come. There's nothing to lose with an MCC PC release.

Overdoziz

Banned
Might as well make MCC available on PC now. The game is free on console, packaging it with bundles. There is no more sales future for it. In about 5 months, most will move on to Halo 5 and leave it behind. But putting it on PC gives PC players a chance to experience Halo 3 and Halo 4 and ODST. They'll be able to fix the frame rate issues that H2A got because of weak hardware. And I bet the mod community will fix a lot of the issues. Giving them Forge tools for the first time and the benefits of theater, could see some amazing stuff come. There's nothing to lose with an MCC PC release.
It would definitely be interesting how spectacularly they would fuck it up, that's for sure.

Welfare

How would you fix it? Randomize it? I'm still a fan of "whatever gets the most votes 1st should get picked", that somebody suggested in here. Nothing more frustrating, than people voting in the last second for a trash gametype and winning the vote, because it's on the far left side.

Yeah, whatever gets there first.

I'd also like to know who votes for what gametype. If you're picking AR starts, I want to know who you are.

I wonder if we will ever see proper playlist management from them?

After what, 4 years of them doing this? Nah, it's bad and will most likely stay bad.

Fuchsdh

-better controls
-customizable
-more games
-modular/upgradeable
-tons of great sales
-mods

Convince me GAF

Well, you don't have to worry about the stupid shit like how AMD and Nvidia are in pissing matches about their tech and proprietary crap frameworks can kill your game performance (Witcher 3).

Seriously though, just sell your damn console then and stop complaining about it constantly. If you want to play PC games, do it.

Consoles are alright atm, there's just not that many exclusives for them. All I really play on XB1 is Destiny and the next game I get for it will be H5. Sunset Overdrive was fun, but it only lasted a few hours. MCC is just a mess so I'm not going to reinstall it. Not really into racing games, so no Forza. That's about it really, don't have a PS4, but I see no reason to get one. The only game that interest me is No Man's Sky, but that's coming to PC later. Then there's my Wii U, that's a special case since all the games I have are exclusives.

If only Halo could come to PC, it would be prefect.
Never going to happen.

-better controls
-customizable
-more games
-modular/upgradeable
-tons of great sales
-mods

Convince me GAF

Sunset Overdrive, if you haven't played that yet, is the secret best game of 2014. Going by the list, I'd say that you're probably not going to bother with Forza, but Crackdown and Scalebound are coming.

Honestly, I get not wanting to buy a console atm, since yeah, the pickings and featureset are pretty slim compared to PC gaming proper, but if you already have the platforms, might as well hang on to them.

RowdyReverb

-better controls
-customizable
-more games
-modular/upgradeable
-tons of great sales
-mods

Convince me GAF
Because you'll lose money if you sell it now and decide a couple years down the road you'd like buy it again to see some of its exclusives. Plus it has decent multimedia features and I'd wager that PC-to-XB1 streaming is coming at some point (assuming your PC isn't connected to your TV already)

Madness

Because you'll lose money if you sell it now and decide a couple years down the road you'd like buy it again to see some of its exclusives. Plus it has decent multimedia features and I'd wager that PC-to-XB1 streaming is coming at some point (assuming your PC isn't connected to your TV already)

I don't know. The way Xbox One is getting destroyed in sales worldwide, it's pretty evident MS will be pushing for better bundles and maybe another price drop again this holiday. We already know 1TB HDD is about to become the norm. If he sells it now, he can recoup most of the money he spent on it, and rebuy a few years down the line when it will almost assuredly be cheaper, larger HDD and who knows, maybe even a slim version by then.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I can't believe I am the only one always complaining about this here but the multiplayer doesn't work when you turn on your Xbox One from suspend mode. You have to manually quit the game and restart again.

SO FUCKING ANNOYING. Please fix this shit.

jem0208

I can't believe I am the only one always complaining about this here but the multiplayer doesn't work when you turn on your Xbox One from suspend mode. You have to manually quit the game and restart again.

SO FUCKING ANNOYING. Please fix this shit.
I don't think I have this issue anymore, or at least I haven't noticed it...

Kssio_Aug

-better controls
-customizable
-more games
-modular/upgradeable
-tons of great sales
-mods

Convince me GAF

Convince me to convince you.

If you wanna sell your XB1 cause you see no reason to keep it, go on, thats your decision.

I for one always enjoyed more the dedicated gaming system and the peripherals parity of consoles. Also I think the Xbox pad works pretty well for console shooters.

Hey everyone play Witcher 3

Halo

Good game so far, but wtf is with the underwater controls.

drowning-o.gif

Mix

The new Canon Fodder is out for those interested. Some really cool little tidbits in there including the summary for Halo: Saint's Testimony. Spartan Black team spoilers:
It focus on Iona's death sentence as she is now 7 years old and her legal appeal to her sentence.
Seems like a pretty cool read.

Also mentioned is a tease that soon we'll find out who the monitor of Installation 00, aka The Ark, is.

The new Canon Fodder is out for those interested. Some really cool little tidbits in there including the summary for Halo: Saint's Testimony. Spartan Black team spoilers:
It focus on Iona's death sentence as she is now 7 years old and her legal appeal to her sentence.
Seems like a pretty cool read.

Also mentioned is a tease that soon we'll find out who the monitor of Installation 00, aka The Ark, is.

Damn, Hunters in the Dark keeps sounding better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom