• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
This thread is like my house in Animal Crossing. On Gamecube.

No need to specify the system, they're all ports of an N64 game!

Microsoft should get Rare working on an Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon rip off instead of Avatar clothing. They've got clever writers.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
They did, and perfected it with the Grenade Launcher. Here's to hoping that it makes a triumphant return in Halo 4.
Did not know you could do that.

Forge question: Is it impossible to set an object with Normal physics on top of a Fixed explosive, and have the object drop when the explosive is detonated? I can't get it to work for a game I wanted to make. Also, has anyone made a tunnel that actually plays fun? Mine turned out kind of boring.

FyreWulff

The Needler in Halo 3 was better.

IMO both the Reach and 3 ones are useful, the 1 one had an awesome melee but not much else, and 2's was like going "hey. hey enemy. HEY ENEMY I AM OVER HERE SHOOTING YOU. HEY. HEY. DIE PLZ". I have vague memories that the needler that was on the playable Halo 2s at PAX04 basically shot like an assault rifle (from accounts of people playing it)

Beam Rifle is 100% redundant. No reason for it.

The Focus Rifle is a great replacement, Bungie just fucked their own good design on the weapon by nerfing it when it had zero need for nerfing.

There is a reason for it though; it's a Covenant sniper weapon. In calling it redundant you're essentially saying the Needle Rifle is redundant too - it performs the same function as the DMR, so no reason for it.

The Focus Rifle is a good weapon; it is not a great replacement for the UNSC Sniper Rifle. Human sniper is a one-hit kill - the Focus Rifle has to be tracked on your opponent for a few seconds. Given the choice between a sniper weapon (covy or otherwise) and the Focus Rifle, nobody would choose a Focus Rifle. That tells you all you need to know about how good an equivalent it is to a human sniper.

We should have both really. The Beam Rifle was different enough in Halo 2 and 3 in that it let you shoot at a faster rate of fire (suck it bloom) in exchange for an overheat. It made Team Snipers a lot more interesting and gave the individual greater expression of dong. Loved having it as secondary in the playlist.

Ramirez

Beam Rifle shot much faster than the human one, so I don't see how it's redundant. The Focus Rifle is trash except when you're playing scrubs and want to dick around...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I want Duncan's (?) idea of a beam rifle / spartan laser hybrid. A beam weapon that could completely wreck a vehicle if held on target for four or five seconds.

ZalinKrow

Great games guys, customs were hilarious heh. Also glad to see the Animal Crossing love here, started up a new file on my DS one just 2 days ago. Good times.

Homeboyd

343 dudes.. I'm getting errors clicking on the waypoint front page featured content articles.

Just a heads up.

Also getting errors on the game/universe/community, etc.. drop down menus... will keep checking.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I liked the beam rifle but I didn't like how people used it by sitting two super fast body shots. I guess that was a reason it is the way it is.

Pretty sure they would be cool with you just downloading the iso to play it since you legally bought the game already.

I had to do this in the past and its a tonne of work trying to find working links :(.

Did you not have it installed? I don't need the disc after it's installed. :S

I did, iv also had to reinstall windows multiple times since then.

Edit: iv found an old install on a HDD, hopefully i can just copy and paste the folders into my new folder tree.

Were it so easy

There is a reason for it though; it's a Covenant sniper weapon. In calling it redundant you're essentially saying the Needle Rifle is redundant too - it performs the same function as the DMR, so no reason for it.

The Focus Rifle is a good weapon; it is not a great replacement for the UNSC Sniper Rifle. Human sniper is a one-hit kill - the Focus Rifle has to be tracked on your opponent for a few seconds. Given the choice between a sniper weapon (covy or otherwise) and the Focus Rifle, nobody would choose a Focus Rifle. That tells you all you need to know about how good an equivalent it is to a human sniper.

We should have both really. The Beam Rifle was different enough in Halo 2 and 3 in that it let you shoot at a faster rate of fire (suck it bloom) in exchange for an overheat. It made Team Snipers a lot more interesting and gave the individual greater expression of dong. Loved having it as secondary in the playlist.

To each his own then. To me it's not different enough to warrant it being in the sandbox.

The Needle rifle establishes itself as a different weapon more than the beam rifle did, but at the same time you can probably argue that the Needle Rifle is probably the one area where it can be a bit more redundant than other weapons because the mid-long range headshot weapon is the utility weapon in Halo.

Laser on that map....

Forgot about that lol.

I always sniped better with the Beam Rifle in H3.

I think it was the reticle...

Yeah I was significantly better with the Beam rifle as well.

Halo 4 logo should be a sniper a DMR and a BR all forming a 4 with a gigantic dong behind it.

Discuss.

tumblr_lpsowgWlHz1qdyamu.gif

Tashi

So I spoke to Michael, the guy I lost too and asked him where he was getting all his votes from. He told me the university of central florida's library. Pretty smart considering the hundreds of kids that pour in and out of there everyday.

Homeboyd

So I spoke to Michael, the guy I lost too and asked him where he was getting all his votes from. He told me the university of central florida's library. Pretty smart considering the hundreds of kids that pour in and out of there everyday.
What'd he set up a fucking booth or something?? Or did he just go around harassing people trying to study...

Striker

Must have been a short time of the Beam being secondary. I always remember the Pistol as secondary or nothing at all. Awful. Another stupid thing I didn't like was giving players unlimited ammo. Find an obscure place or elevation above your opponent, stick there because you're not being forced to move because your ammo cannot run out. So dumb.

Tashi

What'd he set up a fucking booth or something?? Or did he just go around harassing people trying to study...

I'm guessing the ladder. Also imagine he had a group of people doing it and that's why they pulled votes so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom