• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?
You're implying they're changing it just so they can design it for a bigger change at the end of the game? Then why not just leave it as his Mark VI and have the change at the end of Halo 4?
You don't get it what I'm trying to say? The armor screams: Hey guys, are you excited for equipments I'll get? There is a lot of spare room.(COD pieces, shoulder pads) Do you guys really think that the armor stays the same throughout the game?

I'd be cool with that and could see it working well like the pistol backup in Reach did.

Yeah Reach would have had that if the Pistol had a proper clip size and they didn't nerf the thing to hell.

The point is a more uniform design to the game in general. Reach is so fragmented, it's ridiculous.

Another pic, from the show floor-

6f9d4f4a.jpg

I like how he looks here, but again... it doesn't feel like Chief.

You don't get it what I'm trying to say? The armor screams: Hey guys, are you excited for equipments I'll get? There is a lot of spare room.(COD pieces, shoulder pads) Do you guys really think that the armor stays the same throughout the game?
Isn't that a little convenient?
"The nanonbots changed my suit in cryo in a way that perfectly fit this forerunner upgrade later."
Even if this was the case, surely they could have come with a better base to work from.

wwm0nkey

I like the new design, Halo 4 is going to be very different than the other Halo's visually and that armor will fit nicely in a forerunner world.

Wonder if we will get an in-game cinematic of the armor changing, we know it will be explained in game but I wonder if we get to actually see it for from Halo 3 armor to what we now have in Halo 4.

Isn't that a little convenient?
"The nanonbots changed my suit in cryo in a way that perfectly fit this forerunner upgrade later."
Even if this was the case, surely they could have come with a better base to work from.
No. Did you only focus on that part of Glasslands? There is another option how Chief's armor could change. I think fans would be pleased with that way of explanation how the Chief gets into his new armor. I'm letting you guess. :p

senador

Banned
I'll have to wait for in game screens, but I don't like the armor at all from the figure and was hoping to have the codpiece back on it. It looks fat and bulky and generic all at the same time, but hopefully its due to McFarlane and not the overall design. I also dislike the big gaps without armor where you just see the under suit stuff. Am disappoint.

Arnie

The armour looks decent in one of those three shots, in the other it looks terrible. And that pistol design, dear god. It's an abomination. Whoever said it looks like he's hosing his garden is spot on. Looks about as lethal as rubber duck.

Overdoziz

Banned
No. Did you only focus on that part of Glasslands? There is another option how Chief's armor could change. I think fans would be pleased with that way of explanation how the Chief gets into his new armor. I'm letting you guess. :p
That's fine and all, but that doesn't make what we've seen so far look any better.

I’m going to explain: Glasslands mentions that Engineer can be on a Shield World, maintain it. A giant ship crashs. The engineers finding an unconscious Master Chief. Seeing that his armor isn’t good enough for this world. Trying to fix it. But they can’t finish their job. Maybe they get killed? Or scare away? I think it will be a great explanation how the Chief gets his armor. It would explain why the armor looks unfinished too.

Now a question for the people who dislike the armor: Why didn’t 343i change it? They changed Master Chief’s Anniversary armor after the responses of the fans. There has to be a meaning that the Chief starts with this armor.

GhaleonEB

Now a question for the people who dislike the armor: Why didn’t 343i change it? They changed Master Chief’s Anniversary armor after the responses of the fans. There has to be a meaning that the Chief starts with this armor.

With CEA, they were trying to emulate the Chief's past look. With Halo 4, they're defining they're own version of the Chief. As such it makes sense to me that they would be more amenable to fan reaction to the former than the latter. CEA was all about fan service. Halo 4 is 343's vision.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
The armour looks decent in one of those three shots, in the other it looks terrible. And that pistol design, dear god. It's an abomination. Whoever said it looks like he's hosing his garden is spot on. Looks about as lethal as rubber duck.

That's not the pistol, that's the new explosive weapon the Chief used during the teaser trailer.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Like I said in the other thread the new MC armor look good. What are the major difference betwen the toy and the e3 trailer model?

Havok

I’m going to explain: Glasslands mentions that Engineer can be on a Shield World, maintain it. A giant ship crashs. The engineers finding an unconscious Master Chief. Seeing that his armor isn’t good enough for this world. Trying to fix it. But they can’t finish their job. Maybe they get killed? Or scare away? I think it will be a great explanation how the Chief gets his armor. It would explain why the armor looks unfinished too.
But he comes out of the cryotube with the new armor already, before he reaches the shield world.

They wouldn't have put that line in Glasslands explaining how suits can change in cryo if it wasn't relevant.

Arnie

That's not the pistol, that's the new explosive weapon the Chief used during the teaser trailer.

I just hope it's not a prominent feature of the games marketing material because it looks stupid. I wonder if it's an explosive round strapped onto the standard pistol, that would make more sense.

But he comes out of the cryotube with the new armor already, before he reaches the shield world.

They wouldn't have put that line in Glasslands explaining how suits can change in cryo if it wasn't relevant.

The teaser doesn't have to be accurate. Remember ODST, that was different from the teaser trailer we saw. The same could aply for Halo 4.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I'm indifferent to the toy design because I know what I see of the Chief from a toy does not equal what I see in-game. I'll wait until I see an in-game shot of the Chief.

Fun to see a divided HaloGAF as usual, though. 8)

I'm indifferent to the toy design because I know what I see of the Chief from a toy does not equal what I see in-game. I'll wait until I see an in-game shot of the Chief.

Fun to see a divided HaloGAF as usual, though. 8)

I guess one would care if they bukkake their figures. Want him to look all pretty.

I'm going to hell.

Woorloog

Banned

The problem with the Glasslands line is that the armor they were talking about wasn't Mark VI. Or at least it wasn't directly said (or indirectly implied even) to be Mark VI.

Regardless, i'm not keen on the whole "nanomachines upgrade armor" explanation. First, if nanotech is so advanced, why doesn humanity use it for everything? Or at least why isn't it implied the tech is prototype only or just starting to spread?
Secondly, where the hell do the nanomachines get materials to upgrade the armor? Moving around particles can only do some stuff.
That said "science" in Halos is fucked up. MACs firing at 40-50% c? Someone forgot Newton's laws... A request for 343i: Get the scale right, 4-5% c is plausible but still very powerful.

And back to the armor: It is frigging ugly. Bring back the E3 desing please... that wasn't great but it was a lot better than this new one. Something closer to classic Mjolnir with new spin please, not radical re-desing.

Oh and get the AR right this time, fast rate of fire, very fast accuracy return to make pulsing the trigger effective...

Redford

aka Cabbie
The AR one looks a bit chibi. I don't know if that's just the angle.

If they just modified the shoulder pads into something that doesn't look like CQB, I'd actually be alright with this armor.

I hope the AR is just a placeholder. If we have to have it, at least change the aesthetics.

How about no. Don't hire this guy.

I actually lol'd irl when I thought he said "related."

FyreWulff

I think I've had like one game in the Anniversary lists that was close, even moreso in 3SK gametypes. Nom nom new trueskill entrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom