• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
At least it doesn't say Brazzers.
VJM2Y.jpg

I wonder if in Halo 5/6 Chief will ditch human made armor for Forerunner "reclaimer" armor. Would be a real interesting twist if he ends up in a completely alien suit of armor.

I'm putting my eggs in the "Halo4 is akin to Metroid basket"

I suspect his Armor will change in game.

This, if done right, would be awesome and refreshing.

Interesting. Interactive environments were conspicuously missed in Reach.
Agreed. Some destruction would be really welcome.

Oh, and heres 2 new pics from Toyark for those interested-

Hopefully they've updated Cortana since then, her model looks like it's a prefab from Poser 4.
Agreed, she looked so... Bland.

FyreWulff

Hopefully they've updated Cortana since then, her model looks like it's a prefab from Poser 4.

edit: Doesn't feel like it builds off the Halo 3 version which I thought had the best design of the Cortana revisions, which seemed apparent when they re-used it for Anniversary.

I demand to see the model's backside. He better have a buttflap of some sort!

No. Never been a Member. The way OT is, not sure I'd want to be able to post new topics anyway.
I never understood why you were a permajunior anyway, didn't seem like you did anything to warrant it. I'm puzzled about it, usually someone needs to get repeatedly banned or make a series of shit topics to get that.

Maybe you should PM a mod/admin about it?

ElRenoRaven

I never understood why you were a permajunior anyway, didn't seem like you did anything to warrant it. I'm puzzled about it, usually someone needs to get repeatedly banned or make a series of shit topics to get that.

Maybe you should PM a mod/admin about it?

They can also get it for shitting on juniors.

feel

I also don't have edit timestamps on my posts either. Doesn't matter if it's been an hour or 3 months. Although I think a couple other people in HaloGAF also have this.
I think nobody can see their own (but there's still the empty space where the timestamp would be).

Dammit posting and seeing my avatar makes me sad after seeing the Halo 4 MC toy, look at that hot piece of
suit

daedalius

sigh.. Everything is so ugly, pointy, tacked on, nothings flows, no two parts seem to have be designed to be part of the same suit. It's like some kid's random ass Reach matchmaking armor ensemble that noone besides him think looks good. What the hell happened there 343i??

:(

At least the AR still looks great there.

Crying.gif

Letters is the master of halo armor direction, bow!

I'm sure the art team made about a billion concepts for new mc armor, but I'm glad to see some of you think you can do better in 1 (or none and just complain)

FyreWulff

That is so weird. I assumed you;d been posting as a member for years.

Attempted to register here in 2008, account got passed over for approval twice (and deleted), registered again in January 2010, approved in (i think) June 2011. I think I got my HBO posts quoted to here a few times so if you were just scrolling past it might have appeared people were quoting my posts.

I think nobody can see their own (but there's still the empty space where the timestamp would be).

Can you see a timestamp on this post? I see a timestamp on yours even on a logged out browser, but no timestamp on a logged out browser on this one:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33531642&postcount=19

Redford

aka Cabbie
Attempted to register here in 2008, account got passed over for approval twice (and deleted), registered again in January 2010, approved in (i think) June 2011. I think I got my HBO posts quoted to here a few times so if you were just scrolling past it might have appeared people were quoting my posts.

Can you see a timestamp on this post? I see a timestamp on yours even on a logged out browser, but no timestamp on a logged out browser on this one:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33531642&postcount=19

I have the same time stamp issue...

daedalius

Yup. It's one of the few things I can agree with him on all said and done. The armor just isn't good.

Just to make everyone sure of my intent, I am making fun of letters comment.

I do not agree with him. Thankfully, it doesn't really matter what anyone here says in regard to the visual identity of halo 4

I have no problem with the new suit--looks sufficiently Master Chiefey to me.

Though I'm not a great aesthetician like some around here. I wear a lot of hoodies.

Edit: Anyone else notice/mention that it's just a prototype Chief figure?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I like how that song is pretty much Written in the Stars with different lyrics and slightly different instrument arrangement.
Agreed, I like the chorus though, I know I'm terrible.

re: Armor,

I like the armor it comes off as more machine than man. It also gives a kind of primal yet alien vibe, course it might just be because of this pose:

ec2d0002.jpg

It also has a more of a spacesuit feel than its predecessors which were more man-in armor with superhero underwear and muscle shaped plating.

I trust in 343 and I'm sure the armor is different as a telltale sign that they intend for things to be different with their trilogy.

What do people not like about Master chief's new armor? While I do like the overall design I feel like there are pieces missing from his shoulders and obviously his crotch its just weird.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What do people not like about Master chief's new armor? While I do like the overall design I feel like there are pieces missing from his shoulders and obviously his crotch its just weird.
His crotch armor had to go away to be used for his thrusters.

feel

Maybe it will all fall into place once we see it in an proper cutscene dropping the classic one liners and getting bossed around by Cortana.

I'm just comparing it to the Mark VI, which was pretty compact and looked functional while form fitting. This one has a bunch of empty space that should be better covered. It just seems to fall under the same aesthetic distaste I have towards Reach's Mjolnir. Bulky chestpiece, shoulderpads look pasted on.

Tawpgun

The boots are the most interesting thing to me here.

They have these things jutting out of them.... Mag boots for Zero G shenanigans?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Playing some Anniversary multiplayer with a couple guys. Who the f*ck puts rocket launchers and shotguns on Damnation, with all of its corners and tight spaces. Sooooo much camping around corners :(
Sorry to make you see me like this HaloGaf, but Reaches pisses me so much sometimes

Redford

aka Cabbie
^ I find the elevation radar ruins half the maps of Anniversary. Most glaringly on Damnation.

Isn't there only one shotty at the back?

Havok

^ I find the elevation radar ruins half the maps of Anniversary. Most glaringly on Damnation.

Two spawn right next to each other. It's a carryover from Halo 1 that I would have been fine with them correcting.

They need to carryover Rockets FFA on Prisoner in Anniversary FFA. Because seriously.
And then remove the map from every other playlist.

Most glaringly? You realise that Damnation doesn't have areas directly over other areas? Maybe a ledge but or two but what I am trying to say is that there is no point where the altitude portion of the motion sensor is telling you something the horizontal portion isn't.

Maybe it will all fall into place once we see it in an proper cutscene dropping the classic one liners and getting bossed around by Cortana.

Yeah I definitely hope so. I really do hope 343 does right to the halo franchise with H4. They seem very cooperative with the community which is really awesome.

Ramirez

ec2d0002.jpg

Seriously, the design looks amazing in this pic, love it. BUT, we're never going to see it 90% of the time, so it really doesn't matter.

Fracas

#fuckonami
To be honest, I can't really say I care for the Anniversary maps that much. Although the main reason for that is the absolutely ridiculous weapon placement, and not the maps' design themselves.
Back on topic, I do like the new chief armor. Looks foreign yet a little familiar at the same time. Nice job there 343

is it just me or did people forget how to shoot in this game?
i keep either dying from homing/proximity grenades (i can swear that these grenades follow me and blow up the minute they get in proximity of me) or sprint melee.

just before i was 1 shot and i completely destroyed a guy with overshield. 6 perfect shots with the magnum (in the anniversary playlist)

Fracas

#fuckonami
is it just me or did people forget how to shoot in this game?
i keep either dying from homing/proximity grenades (i can swear that these grenades follow me and blow up the minute they get in proximity of me) or sprint melee.

Grenades/melee dash=aka the great skill crutch lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom