• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if that fleshlight gun the chief is holding is both an AR/smg and a pistol??? Switch between different modes of firing. It looks like shit if I'm being honest.

I think the Chief looks pretty good.

What if that fleshlight gun the chief is holding is both an AR/smg and a pistol??? Switch between different modes of firing. It looks like shit if I'm being honest.

I think the Chief looks pretty good.

Doesn't the announcement trailer already tell us that it's some sort of a projectile explosive weapon?

I'm 20 years old today, and that sounds way too old for my liking. :lol

343, can I haz Master Chief redesign for my birthday? You can let him keep the megaphone of death.

PooBone

Hey folks, add me on Steam, ID is PooBone
Live has been unavailable to me for a month and a half following someone hacking my account to buy Fifa 12 stuff. M$ is really dicking me around.

Doesn't the announcement trailer already tell us that it's some sort of a projectile explosive weapon?

Just rewatched it, got rehyped. It does look explosive; maybe we we'll get mp maps with destructible environments based on the ammo we pick up for the fleshlight gun /bullshit talk.

It almost looks like the Chief's being abducted at the end of the trailer...

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm 20 years old today, and that sounds way too old for my liking. :lol

tumblr_lw0tljGH9Q1qcbrtf.gif

Just rewatched it, got rehyped. It does look explosive; maybe we we'll get mp maps with destructible environments based on the ammo we pick up for the fleshlight gun /bullshit talk.

It almost looks like the Chief's being abducted at the end of the trailer...

Frank says: “There will be destructible elements in Halo 4, but don’t look for a game mechanic that relies on that heavily. This is a Halo game at heart.”

From here.

I like where this is going, tell me more.

The vibe I got from the concept art trailer was, this world is huge, it has huge things, all alone.

I know they hired some people from Retro Studios. I like the new Armor, but I don't like it as much as the old Armor, I do think it would be cool if his armor changed with him as the game progressed, not revealing to anyone what the "final" chief is until over half way through or the end.

That would be a grandiose reveal in my opinion.

It raises the question though, would some sort of unlock system like that work, or draw more people to the series?

I very much doubt it, infact it would push people away.

Like it or not AA's are not Equal some clearly outshine others interms of ..advantage. Unlockable AA's makes this even worse (person X has played more and has better AA than person y), once you add in AA's that would have to be chosen from the Menu and not mid game (removing the ability to quick change your AA to counter another AA) then you have a horrible experience.

AA's can go away now, by all means add in some augment to player movement or styles but AA's down to the core create a semi-random element to encounters and thats not good in any online game.

Less intrusive AA's would of been fine with bigger large cool downs

Radar Jammer
VISR 2.0 (detect Spartans through walls)

Schmitty

Good game guys! Team 1 is awesome team, btw that game lasted 74.5 mins.

1329005826011.jpg

Woah we are playing Halo Wars in this thread now...oh wait this is just a Halo thread now. That game could have been so much better if it was balanced better. Every game is a rush to build a million of the same units and then overwhelm.

Interesting. Interactive environments were conspicuously missed in Reach.

I want to shoot lights out like in PDZ

FyreWulff

Woah we are playing Halo Wars in this thread now...oh wait this is just a Halo thread now. That game could have been so much better if it was balanced better. Every game is a rush to build a million of the same units and then overwhelm

Sounds like an RTS to me. Early game harvesting, then build your rush unit of choice and go.

TheOddOne

The vibe I got from the concept art trailer was, this world is huge, it has huge things, all alone.

I know they hired some people from Retro Studios. I like the new Armor, but I don't like it as much as the old Armor, I do think it would be cool if his armor changed with him as the game progressed, not revealing to anyone what the "final" chief is until over half way through or the end.

That would be a grandiose reveal in my opinion.
If this all is true, we are headed for epic times.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I just want the Automag back.

I hope the Laser got the axe. Grenade-pistol would be a much better replacement.

I've got a question that's been nagging me since E3. When you thought about the situation Chief is in, did it cross your mind that we might not get many human weapons, considering the UNSC is a lil far away? (we obviously have at least 2)

I hear some people dislike human weapons.

FyreWulff

...Yeah, I've played plenty to know that but it seemed less strategic that others. Even anti-whatever units would get decimated with a ton of those flying ships the prof could make.

Did you play before or after TU4? Anders got nerfed like 3 times. Strangely, after 343 took over patching Halo Wars they didn't feel like rebalancing that game..

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've got a question that's been nagging me since E3. When you thought about the situation Chief is in, did it cross your mind that we might not get many human weapons, considering the UNSC is a lil far away? (we obviously have at least 2)

Huh. I wonder. It'd make sense logically for there to be a lack of human weapons, but it'd feel...off not to have them

Schmitty

That is a good point. I'd love to use all new weapons, but still have old ones around for multi

The ship Chief is in crashes on the planet, and the weapons on board are scattered all across the atmosphere! He just so happens to run into them and the ammo during the course of the game!

Spoilers!

feel

343, please go back to the Mark VI. You guys have...dropped the ball on the armor.

sigh.. Everything is so ugly, pointy, tacked on, nothings flows, no two parts seem to have be designed to be part of the same suit. It's like some kid's random ass Reach matchmaking armor ensemble that noone besides him think looks good. What the hell happened there 343i??

:(

At least the AR still looks great there.

I just want the Automag back.

I hope the Laser got the axe. Grenade-pistol would be a much better replacement.

I hear the majority Love human weapons.

Dont worry about UNSC weaponry in Halo4, its going to be there.

Concept art for Halo 4 has shown the UNSC Infinity (which looks to be at least 20x the size of Charon-class light frigate) (about 10 kilometers long) Which implys its going to be in the game, and thus so are the UNSC and weapons and
Spartan IV's
Glasslands adds detail about what to expect in halo 4. The UNSC are not all that far away relatively speaking

Redford

aka Cabbie
I hear the majority Love human weapons.

Dont worry about UNSC weaponry in Halo4, its going to be there.

Concept art for Halo 4 has shown the UNSC Infinity Which implys its going to be in the game, and thus so are the UNSC and weapons and
Spartan IV's
Glasslands adds detail about what to expect in halo 4. The UNSC are not all that far away relatively speaking

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. :) I was worried there would be some lame "home-base" mechanic where you'd have to resupply at FoD or something.

Spawnling

Looked at the post from Todd Mcfarlane at the new figures. However I don't think that Cheif's armor in Halo 4 is going to be based after that, they're just showing off figures.

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom