• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Decide for yourself. =P

Assault_Rifle_Comparisons_sm.jpg

It's not the Reach AR for sure and it's missing the green side light of the Halo 3 AR.

Definitely more akin to the Halo 3 style, with the back end (woo) getting the most design tweaks.

I admit I'm delighted to see the AR back.

Havok

My sadface is sad.
Maybe they'll finally get it right.

Everybody laugh now.

(My hope is that it returns to its Halo CE niche of being a total beast at very close range with its effectiveness dramatically dropping off as range increases instead of it being able to strip shields at like 20 feet away before a 5th precision shot can go off like in Reach.)

In the ending to Halo 3, you can see the AR's ammo display for a second and
it shows that Chief finished the fight with exactly one bullet left. What a badass.
I kind of have a feeling this "concept" is going to be completely forgotten in Halo 4 though.

Maybe they'll finally get it right.

Everybody laugh now.

Were it so easy.
sagec7bw.gif

You have to go to CE to try to make it an interesting weapon, but you can't go halfway.

The 3 and Reach version is such a uninspired uninteresting weapon. Not sure if there is a weapon less enjoyable and rewarding to use than the Halo 3 AR.

Redford

aka Cabbie
In the ending to Halo 3, you can see the AR's ammo display for a second and
it shows that Chief finished the fight with exactly one bullet left. What a badass.
I kind of have a feeling this "concept" is going to be completely forgotten in Halo 4 though.

That's awesome. Better than the blatant 7 rounds in Reach. (which was still cute in its own right)

Were it so easy.
Ahh, I needed to see that shit-eating grin before bed tonight.

I hate the look of the Reach AR. Long live original (ish) look.

Hmm to each his own.

I feel that in terms of aesthetic design of the weapons, Bungie knocked it out of the park in Reach. Pretty much all the weapons look much better than in any other game in the series in my opinion.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Instinct is scrimming against "Team no Name"

Instinct:

Ogre 2
Roy
Lunchbox
IGotUrPistola

Team No name:

Ryanoob
Snip3down
Blaze
Assault

Roy and Snip3down streams are linked :)

Havok

Instinct is scrimming against "Team no Name"

Instinct:

Ogre 2
Roy
Lunchbox
IGotUrPistola

Team No name:

Ryanoob
Snip3down
Blaze
Assault

Roy and Snip3down streams are linked :)
Have the MLG guys mentioned when Anniversary variants will be out in the wild (if they're not already, I have no idea)? Or will that probably be after the Feb. 27 Albany update marathon? Seeing pros play on those great maps again might get me back into watching MLG stuff regularly.

Probably next week, that's when passes come out for the event.
Ah, cool, thanks. I'm definitely looking forward to next week's streams, then.

Were it so easy.
sagec7bw.gif

You have to go to CE to try to make it an interesting weapon, but you can't go halfway.

The 3 and Reach version is such a uninspired uninteresting weapon. Not sure if there is a weapon less enjoyable and rewarding to use than the Halo 3 AR.

Post the reverse GIF of that XD

CyReN

Have the MLG guys mentioned when Anniversary variants will be out in the wild? Or will that probably be after the Feb. 27 Albany update marathon? Seeing pros play on those great maps again might get me back into watching MLG stuff regularly.

Probably next week, that's when passes come out for the event.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Have the MLG guys mentioned when Anniversary variants will be out in the wild (if they're not already, I have no idea)? Or will that probably be after the Feb. 27 Albany update marathon? Seeing pros play on those great maps again might get me back into watching MLG stuff regularly.

Apparently you need the set gametypes to be announced 1 month before the event. The event is March 23-25. Soooo we'll be getting them soon :)

I wanna LAN for the Albany update man! So bad!

Havok

Apparently you need the set gametypes to be announced 1 month before the event. The event is March 23-25. Soooo we'll be getting them soon :)

I wanna LAN for the Albany update man! So bad!
Oh, I see. Its nice to see the recent excitement about MLG again that I don't really think has been there for a while.

MLG has changed so much since that fateful day when I played Walshy in a game of MLG Ball on Lockout.

Also, what is the deal with everybody spamming wuu wuu in these stream chats?

TCKaos

Yep, they're in the side structures. Fortunately, nobody ever goes after the laser on that map. I was very skeptical of its inclusion when they first revealed it, but even when somebody does have it, there's enough tree cover that it's never overwhelming like it was on say, Valhalla or Avalanche or Renegade.

That map does not play well with Laser. At all.

Also, some of the newer Megabloks sets have the Halo 4 Chief on the box. Wonder if we'll see him pop up in a set anytime this year.

EDIT:

AysTa.jpg

That was fast. Looks like a red Mark VII Spartan with a bunch of Forerunner enemies. Looks pretty cool.

And yes, for ye of little faith, he looks to be holding a Battle Rifle. Rejoice.

Also, some of the newer Megabloks sets have the Halo 4 Chief on the box. Wonder if we'll see him pop up in a set anytime this year.

EDIT:

AysTa.jpg

That was fast. Looks like a red Mark VII Spartan with a bunch of Forerunner enemies. Looks pretty cool.

Interesting. No name of the playset on the box, and I also notice there is no 4 logo on the box. Mix this with Halo 4 hunter and we have some interesting tid bits.

Still, nice look at the CG chief full body.

Redford

aka Cabbie

And yes, for ye of little faith, he looks to be holding a Battle Rifle. Rejoice.

Wasn't really worried about the figurine before, but the full body picture has a great effect. Not worried at all now.

wwm0nkey

Did anyone else notice the new Tank and the Chopper in the Halo 4 part of the mega blocks collection? Can't see the background of the chopper but there is some Forerunner stuff going on here is the larger picture.

ivYqoLeyMthpl.png

I love how we are trying to find news on the next Halo game by meticulously analyzing of a model and toy sets that wish they were Legos.

TCKaos

Did anyone else notice the new Tank and the Chopper in the Halo 4 part of the mega blocks collection? Can't see the background of the chopper but there is some Forerunner stuff going on here is the larger picture.

Megabloks does that with a bunch of stuff. There were a bunch of sets completely unrelated to Anniversary that got the 10th Anniversary logo on the box.

The sets that have the Halo 4 Chief on them are the Chieftan, some of the combat units, the Space Banshee, the Warthog (which may or may not be the Halo 4 hog. I can't tell), Wraith, Seraph, Rhino Tank and Sabre Launch Site.

There's no real way to know if any of it will show up in Halo 4 or if they're using it to hype them up. There were some Halo Wars exclusive vehicle sets that got an ODST makeover when they came out regardless of the fact that they weren't so much as mentioned in ODST.

TCKaos

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

WHEEEEEEEEEEEERE???

Red Spartan in Halo 4 armor in that Forerunner battlescape a few posts up.

Take it with a grain of salt, though. I should probably edit it out of that post. It could be a stand in for any precision weapon. The Hazop figure that came with the Rockethog vs AA Gun set came with a BR as a DMR.

wwm0nkey

Red Spartan in Halo 4 armor in that Forerunner battlescape a few posts up.

Take it with a grain of salt, though. I should probably edit it out of that post. It could be a stand in for any precision weapon. The Hazop figure that came with the Rockethog vs AA Gun set came with a BR as a DMR.

Never actually really looked at the Halo Megablock toys so I did not know they used a BR for their figures.

feel

Well damn you're reaching. :lol

That could be anything, plus that boxset doesn't seem specifically Halo 4 related despite the MkVII chief render on the cover.

Letters, I put the one you sent next to the other Sage one.
Thanks, always bothered not to have them both at hand since they both have their use, but could never find the normal one and was too lazy to dig into that gigantic bungie video to make it from scratch. Thanks steelyuhas for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom