• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

Are those def Halo 4 toys and not Halo Universe? If so... I like that I see a chopper. A lot.

Megabloks Halo 4 hog in Halo universe packaging-

DSCN3504.JPG

Note that the older model Warthog above is labelled: "UNSC Warthog", while the new one simply says: "Halo 4".

Guys, I think that what's in that box right there, is Halo 4 in it's entirety.

Kibbles

That map does not play well with Laser. At all.

Also, some of the newer Megabloks sets have the Halo 4 Chief on the box. Wonder if we'll see him pop up in a set anytime this year.

EDIT:

AysTa.jpg

That was fast. Looks like a red Mark VII Spartan with a bunch of Forerunner enemies. Looks pretty cool.

And yes, for ye of little faith, he looks to be holding a Battle Rifle. Rejoice.

BATTLE RIFLE. GAME PRE-ORDERED.

feel

This (as glorious as it is) needs to be replaced with the definitive Tashi version

regular_reach.gif

or maybe have both, they're both awesome

zap

I think the main problem I have with the new armour is the helmet. It just looks Spartan III-esque.

halo3_helmet_front.jpg

or

MyD0c.jpg

The latter looks too squat. (I realise this is a poor angle, but the ones of the toys look the same).

Dat cat helmet

wwm0nkey

I think the main problem I have with the new armour is the helmet. It just looks Spartan III-esque.

Halo3legendary.jpg

or

halo4.jpg

The latter looks too squat. (I realise this is a poor angle, but the ones of the toys look the same).

Dat cat helmet

It looks better at different angels. I do kind of agree with it looking like a Spartan III design but meh whatever I liked some of the designs in Reach.

Well damn you're reaching. :lol

That could be anything, plus that boxset doesn't seem specifically Halo 4 related despite the MkVII chief render on the cover.

Thanks, always bothered not to have them both at hand since they both have their use, but could never find the normal one and was too lazy to dig into that gigantic bungie video to make it from scratch. Thanks steelyuhas for posting it.

Haha I tried to find that concept art of the BR burning up next to the Chief to say that BR confirmed was all lies haha, but I couldn't find it.

wwm0nkey

According to your guy's logic, the Saber is confirmed for Halo 4. Guys are too much interpreting into the toys...

So what your saying is that space battles are going to be in Halo 4 right?

EDIT: On a serious note what do you guys think that green sentinel like thing is? Kind of looks like the one from Halo 2 that had the shield covering the front side.

zap

He looks a lot less muscular and shorter. More like a normal soldier/ODST size rather than 7 foot, one tonne beast.

Pistol from MLG needs to go go go go go go go go go go go go go go

cool_story_bro.gif

Seriously though, new settings next weekish right?

I was scooping the MLG forums and it looks like Powerhouse has a shot to finally get on the circuit (King), obviously multiple CEA maps are being considered, and grumblings of still not being a Sanctuary in there that is actually close to right.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
cool_story_bro.gif

Seriously though, new settings next weekish right?

I was scooping the MLG forums and it looks like Powerhouse has a shot to finally get on the circuit (King), obviously multiple CEA maps are being considered, and grumblings of still not being a Sanctuary in there that is actually close to right.

Ya I heard. I hope it has a major overhaul because I think that map has potential but just has too much bullshit space.

Ya I heard. I hope it has a major overhaul because I think that map has potential but just has too much bullshit space.

Use it for a gametype like King and that's not really an issue because King will focus the combat based on where you place the hills. I watched one of the test games they played with other day with killa kc, it looked good. They were using 4 hills, and there was GL, Sniper, and Shotgun on the map. (Might have been Camo as well, can't remember)

Looks like from that and some of the CEA variants that they are going to use the shotgun this year.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Use it for a gametype like King and that's not really an issue because King will focus the combat based on where you place the hills. I watched one of the test games they played with other day with killa kc, it looked good. They were using 4 hills, and there was GL, Sniper, and Shotgun on the map. (Might have been Camo as well, can't remember)

Looks like from that and some of the CEA variants that they are going to use the shotgun this year.

Yes but spawns and movement across the map can be an issue too. There's nothing worse than dying, spawning across the map and having to march for 20 seconds only to be killed before you even get into position. Then, having to do it all over again. It's hard to strike a balance for King.

stephen08

Personally I like the more streamlined look of the AR in 3 compared to Reach. Reach's AR is more complex and that takes away from it in a way.

Yes but spawns and movement across the map can be an issue too. There's nothing worse than dying, spawning across the map and having to march for 20 seconds only to be killed before you even get into position. Then, having to do it all over again. It's hard to strike a balance for King.

True, but it's really just a matter of hill placement and spawn placement. Strike the right balance for that, and have the right map and you will have a good King setup. The openness of Powerhouse and DMR range certainly help compensate for the size of the map.

Even if it's not 100% perfect, its a gametype that I think MLG needs this year. They made a mistake (not all their fault and they weren't dealt with a great set of maps) by going pretty much all small symmetrical maps with a whole lot of forge and eventually just Slayer and Flag. A more varied experience in gametypes and maps makes for a more diverse experience for both the players and the spectators.

Striker

Put some Spartans battling it out in the base from Terminal trying to arm and plant the bomb, and I'll be extremely happy.
dreamzzz

heckfu

Banned
Time to face facts, people in the game industry follow politics. Next generation every game will have a political statement.

Homefront doesn't count.

Hopefully Destiny will be all about men who are anti-abortion and the whole game uses stupid-ass examples to carry the point that they don't know what they're talking about.

THEN you'll be right.

I read somewhere the guy's pretty conservative when it comes to politics, so that doesn't surprise me. I don't like it, but the guy's got a right to his own views, I guess.

Exactly. What's the point in living in a country with a democracy when you'll just hate people who don't vote the same way you will?

Artist or not, Marty can be as 'wrong' or 'right' has he wants to be and you should respect his differing views either way.

Gui_PT

Exactly. What's the point in living in a country with a democracy when you'll just hate people who don't vote the same way you will?

Artist or not, Marty can be as 'wrong' or 'right' has he wants to be and you should respect his differing views either way.

Someone has a crush on Maaaartyyyyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom