• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Using Chrome, I only get errors on the forums once per day instead of once per minute since they upgraded them.

It's usually the Microsoft ID authentication that's the culprit. That and the YAF software.

It took me 2 hours to reply to a post for submitting Heavies. It was either the server-is-gone or the forum would seemingly accept the post, refresh the page, and my reply wouldn't be there. Sometimes you have to be REAL dedicated to replying to someone..

zap

Reading that Waypoint thread...

Yd3m1.gif

Also, what a fail, Hydranockz!

Lehnaru said:
HydraNockz said:
Lehnaru said:
This, all of this, is why Frankie doesn't post here. Pull yourselves together, the lot of you.

A thread only made today is exactly the reason why Frankie has rarely posted here.

jacknicholsonnodding.gif

Fail. I was referring to the overall absurdity of the forums.

I'm rediscovering Rampancy.net's massive database of arranged Halo tracks right now and working on some remixes with them. Would anyone be interested in hearing something like an 8-bit remix of Rock Anthem for Saving the World?

GhaleonEB

The Waypoint thread is one giant 'u mad' invitation.

In all seriousness, the 343, Bungie and other industry folks who are active on GAF are a big part of why the place is so much fun. Halo threads wouldn't be the same without Frankie, David and Urk.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I love when official forumites wonder why the devs of their beloved games don't post there.

It may have something to do with the "cesspool" nature of all official forums.

Kuroyume

Banned
The play and charge kit is such a piece of crap. Granted I've had it since H3 launch so that probably has something to do with it but now it doesn't even stay charged longer than half an hour. I'm also in desperate need of a new controller. Missing the entire left shoulder button and my analog sticks are busted. Makes navigating the dash a nightmare. $50-60 for a new one too. I don't understand why that piece of crap is still so expensive.

zap

The play and charge kit is such a piece of crap. Granted I've had it since H3 launch so that probably has something to do with it but now it doesn't even stay charged longer than half an hour. I'm also in desperate need of a new controller. Missing the entire left shoulder button and my analog sticks are busted. Makes navigating the dash a nightmare. $50-60 for a new one too. I don't understand why that piece of crap is still so expensive.

What about wired? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZSN600/?tag=neogaf0e-20
$30 isn't bad...

Havok

$50-60 for a new one too. I don't understand why that piece of crap is still so expensive.
The same reason that a 15 dollar hard drive used to be priced at $100 because they put it in a stupid enclosure and the same reason those dogshit wireless headsets are still $65.

FyreWulff

Happy Birthday Ramirez and Daedalius. Febrobirthuary continues.

I love when official forumites wonder why the devs of their beloved games don't post there.

It may have something to do with the "cesspool" nature of all official forums.

Waypoint's rules are actually fairly strict. More strict than Bungie's forums, at least.

CyReN

Checking out Reddit and saw a wishlist for Halo 4, just some stuff I'd like. Haven't really posted much before expect complain.

Don't carry much over from Reach besides how maps are decided, learn from the games mistakes Bungie did and work on what Halo 2/3 did right.

My personal stuff:
  • Ranks for playlists
  • Add a drop in mode for non rank games like CoD to work on quitters.
  • Add a "Quit with honor mode" When 50% or more of your teammates quit and you aren't penalized
  • Don't focus on Arena, we have MLG
  • Campaign and MM first, less focus on Firefight & Invasion
  • Forge scenery worlds (Halo,Covenant,Earth etc)
  • Don't rely on "Forge maps", Halo Reach suffered from it
  • More Arena maps, barley any in Reach
  • Do smart remakes (ie Heretic,Beaver Creek), Don't do Blackouts!
  • Add spectator mode for tourney play
  • If you are going to do assassinations, keep them in Campaign.
    4 or more in theater

Playing the Mass Effect 3 MP demo has made me realize that I want Halo 4 firefight to have two things - objectives, and multiple species to play as/level up.

Happy birthday!
old man :p

Happy birthday to Daedalius as well!

Implement it in H4.

UltragamerXX74 thanked you for that blain

tumblr_lpsowgWlHz1qdyamu.gif

Mine works like a gem.

The Waypoint thread is hilarious btw

MrBig

2. Why does Frankie not think to post his stuff where his fans are, where Halo is based, where he would get the most attention and people most want to hear what's being said? AKA, here.
He's got a point. No one here actually likes halo do they?

:lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
There are 83 users on the Waypoint forums right now. And there's GAF with over 4000. That's kind of sad. Not that 343 posts here because of audience count, we're just better looking, more interesting and accomodating!

Back user user count though, how many people know about Waypoint? Seems like they have some work to do in order to get a bit of a userbase. Its hub plan isn't going very well so far (we're still always going to Bungie for out match results, for one).

Gazzawa

Lolz @ Waypoint forums. Its not a pleasant place to be. Some of you mentioned the presentation being unattractive which is bang on. I doubt anyone there reads more than 20% of the posts.

wwm0nkey

Lolz @ Waypoint forums. Its not a pleasant place to be. Some of you mentioned the presentation being unattractive which is bang on. I doubt anyone there reads more than 20% of the posts.

On the plus side at least it has moderators which I now think are just a myth on the b.net forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom