• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
And in addition, the thread really showcase how terrible of an idea that Thanking system is (GJ Dani). Starcraft 2's post rating system would do a better job promoting replies and hiding garbage, without creating a silly credibility currency.

kylej

Banned
The play and charge kit is such a piece of crap. Granted I've had it since H3 launch so that probably has something to do with it but now it doesn't even stay charged longer than half an hour. I'm also in desperate need of a new controller. Missing the entire left shoulder button and my analog sticks are busted. Makes navigating the dash a nightmare. $50-60 for a new one too. I don't understand why that piece of crap is still so expensive.

lookit dis nub. Play and Charge is just two rechargeable AAs in a piece of plastic. buy a pack of eneloops + charger for less than the price of that thing on Amazon and reap the rewards.

lookit dis nub. Play and Charge is just two rechargeable AAs in a piece of plastic. buy a pack of eneloops + charger for less than the price of that thing on Amazon and reap the rewards.
This. Been using 12 eneloops + two chargers for years now. 360 Controllers, Rock Band controllers, Wii Controllers, Wii Fit, etc. I got sick of having a custom battery pack for every fucking thing.

No, but I am desperately worried about the Twitch.tv viewer economy and how it can be exploited. First they came for the NinjaTrolls, and I did not speak up, for I was not a BK,
I liked this, mostly because you were pretty much the only person on HaloGAF to back me up (or to understand from where I was coming in my complaints). And then they fixed their fuck-up. In your face, apologists.

Overdoziz

Banned
This. Been using 12 eneloops + two chargers for years now. 360 Controllers, Rock Band controllers, Wii Controllers, Wii Fit, etc. I got sick of having a custom battery pack for every fucking thing.

I liked this, mostly because you were pretty much the only person on HaloGAF to back me up (or to understand from where I was coming in my complaints). And then they fixed their fuck-up. In your face, apologists.
Apologists? Dude, nobody gave a shit.

What are we talking about here? Im so confused and was going to ignore it but im really curious. If were talking about the Team Slayer voting options thank god they fixed it.

lol, no they didn't fix that. This was about the messed-up cR limit from early Dec-late Jan.

I pretty much expected that the TS voting options wouldn't be fixed based on its limited duration (2 weeks) vs. previous performance (nearly 2 months with the cR limit issue).

lol, no they didn't fix that. This was about the messed-up cR limit from early Dec-late Jan.

Oh to be fair its good they fixed it I must admit I didnt really know what the problem was, I need 1 million CR to rank up and I dont enjoy Reach enough to get that. :( CR has been out of mind for a long time now.

Oh to be fair its good they fixed it I must admit I didnt really know what the problem was, I need 1 million CR to rank up and I dont enjoy Reach enough to get that. :( CR has been out of mind for a long time now.
Because each new rank enjoys a 10% increase in cR earnings, by the time you hit Inheritor, you're actually earning quite a bit per match. This means you could play 15 games and suddenly you're at the limit. Wasn't a problem until they tried to change the limit in early December, and then it didn't work properly. When you hit 120,000 cR, it wouldn't give you a "daily cR limit reached" message and it would freeze your commendation progress, pretty much the only metric in the game an Inheritor can progress. It sucked, and people were complaining about it on Waypoint, or directly to me over XBL, so like I said, glad they fixed it eventually.

Yeah, sorry, you gave a shit. The person with like 40 million credits who doesn't want other people to get to a high rank easily because you spend thousands of hours grinding towards it.
Just shut up. You know you don't have to be a dick? People will still accept you if you're a nice and respectful person. You're pretty reasonable when we play, what gives?

Holy fuck, why is Anniversary Snipers on Headlong in the goddamn classic playlist, AND WHY DOES IT ALWAYS GET PICKED.
People want to play Headlong, and it's their only option.

Striker

I think the explanation was that it was a ''classic'' gametype in Halo 2, so they decided to put it in.
From what I read it's there for variety among the gametypes and maps (in Classic). It's unfortunate because it doesn't belong (especially with the Pistol being secondary) as Headlong is nearly absent in the BTB playlist and for 1-flag/1-bomb.

Because each new rank enjoys a 10% increase in cR earnings, by the time you hit Inheritor, you're actually earning quite a bit per match. This means you could play 15 games and suddenly you're at the limit. Wasn't a problem until they tried to change the limit in early December, and then it didn't work properly. When you hit 120,000 cR, it wouldn't give you a "daily cR limit reached" message and it would freeze your commendation progress, pretty much the only metric in the game an Inheritor can progress. It sucked, and people were complaining about it on Waypoint, or directly to me over XBL, so like I said, glad they fixed it eventually.

Just shut up. You know you don't have to be a dick? People will still accept you if you're a nice and respectful person. You're pretty reasonable when we play, what gives?

People want to play Headlong, and it's their only option.

If people here knew about the commendation freezing they would have agreed with you for sure, I really doubt many people here ran into that glitch.

10% increase in CR earning with each rank up? Woah that seems like a lot I didnt know it stepped up by that amount each rank up, all the same though at the rank im at now it would take too long to rank up.

I'm quite a dick online too, some people here can attest to that.

All that Reach has really jaded you eh?

Karl2177

I wonder if he's as hated on the Waypoint forums as much as he is on BNet.

I don't know if you ever saw Scuba Ken, but that shit was funny. Just from the looks of things, he hardly posts on Waypoint compared to bungie.net. Then again that's not saying much.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wow, must be a whole lot of May sex.

All of you guys, my son, and 4 other people in my family born this month.

Happy birthday to the lot of you.

GhaleonEB

Wow, must be a whole lot of May sex.

250px-Rabbit_in_montana.jpg

Tawpgun

Was reading through the waypoint thread when

I looked at neogaf forums, idk, it felt like the Hollywood of gaming forums. It looked sophisticated. Their posts in halo thread were interesting and felt like a peaceful community. They actually talk about reach in a none bashing way. Heck, they actually play it like it's fun. Oh but it is fun, and glad to see I'm not the only one.

Please tell me this was one of you guys because I laughed so hard.

Overdoziz

Banned
NeoGAF should implement the thank system.

Jay S094 on 2/18/2012, Zomechin on 2/18/2012, AlpenRR92 on 2/18/2012, disconect on 2/18/2012, Slightly Live on 2/18/2012, Blindinggggg on 2/18/2012, cryptidman117 on 2/18/2012, EpicGamerMonkey on 2/18/2012, HiddenSasqua7ch on 2/18/2012, The Omeggos on 2/18/2012, BurstingBox478 on 2/18/2012, ran and shai on 2/18/2012, JJAB91 on 2/18/2012, Defect450 on 2/18/2012, ArchedThunder on 2/18/2012, EIektron on 2/18/2012, LegendaryWolf x on 2/18/2012, SleepyHaloHolic on 2/18/2012, Slain Valhallan on 2/18/2012, Nimble Rage on 2/18/2012, Mick09Retro on 2/18/2012, ButteryPie on 2/18/2012, Dreezy12 on 2/19/2012, TheGUNNster on 2/19/2012, CilusKadaver on 2/19/2012, TheOnlyDJUKS on 2/19/2012, randomrosso93 on 2/19/2012, L1NETT on 2/19/2012, DEEP NNN on 2/19/2012, Hotrod192 on 2/19/2012, Karl2177 on 2/19/2012, Doc Tanuki on 2/19/2012

NeoGAF should implement the thank system.

Jay S094 on 2/18/2012, Zomechin on 2/18/2012, AlpenRR92 on 2/18/2012, disconect on 2/18/2012, Slightly Live on 2/18/2012, Blindinggggg on 2/18/2012, cryptidman117 on 2/18/2012, EpicGamerMonkey on 2/18/2012, HiddenSasqua7ch on 2/18/2012, The Omeggos on 2/18/2012, BurstingBox478 on 2/18/2012, ran and shai on 2/18/2012, JJAB91 on 2/18/2012, Defect450 on 2/18/2012, ArchedThunder on 2/18/2012, EIektron on 2/18/2012, LegendaryWolf x on 2/18/2012, SleepyHaloHolic on 2/18/2012, Slain Valhallan on 2/18/2012, Nimble Rage on 2/18/2012, Mick09Retro on 2/18/2012, ButteryPie on 2/18/2012, Dreezy12 on 2/19/2012, TheGUNNster on 2/19/2012, CilusKadaver on 2/19/2012, TheOnlyDJUKS on 2/19/2012, randomrosso93 on 2/19/2012, L1NETT on 2/19/2012, DEEP NNN on 2/19/2012, Hotrod192 on 2/19/2012, Karl2177 on 2/19/2012, Doc Tanuki on 2/19/2012
AND SIGNATURES TOO!

I can't even access Waypoint forums from my iphone now, they need to tune up that shitty website. Bungie.net is so clean and simple it makes me cry :(

Anything to do with Xbox.com (halo.xbox.com) is slow.
Perhaps, but apart from the Live ID business (which was on B.net too), I don't see much visible crossover.
Unless it's a server architecture issue for the entirety for the xbox.com domain. Bit hypothetical, would hope 343I have autonomy when it comes to server setup and maintainence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom