• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've been having a lot of fun in Action Sack lately!

Except when Halo Ball comes up.

Overdoziz

Banned
I always have fun in Action Sack.

Except when it's Team Hotshot, Power Slayer, Speedpile, Speedflag, Hockey, HaloBall, HaloBall Xtreme, Shotty Snipers, Splockets, Hog Potato, Shotgun Assault, Dino Blasters or Rocket CTF.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I frickin love Hog Potato and Speedpile on Hemorrhage.

Dat vehicular antics.

FyreWulff

One hopes with Bungie going multiplat that Bungie.net will drop Passport as it's main mode of authentication and move it to just being link functionality for their games.

Action Sack has some of the gametypes i like. Shotty Snipers and Fiesta they dont show up as often as id like

Fiesta doesn't show up there, dunno why :(

Yes, playlists needs to get rid of the wacky gametypes ang give us mini-game like gametypes like Sumo, Dodgeball and Zeus in 3.

I hopped into the playlist yesterday and I saw this:
-Team Hotshot on Powerhouse.
-Team Hotshot on Swordbase.
-Team Hotshot on Reflection.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

I always have fun in Action Sack.

Except when it's Team Hotshot, Power Slayer, Speedpile, Speedflag, Hockey, HaloBall, HaloBall Xtreme, Shotty Snipers, Splockets, Hog Potato, Shotgun Assault, Dino Blasters or Rocket CTF.

Maybe you shouldn't step into the playlist, wanna try Grifball buddy?

Fiesta doesn't show up there, dunno why :(

Yes, playlists needs to get rid of the wacky gametypes ang give us mini-game like gametypes like Sumo, Dodgeball and Zeus in 3.

I hopped into the playlist yesterday and I saw this:
-Team Hotshot on Powerhouse.
-Team Hotshot on Swordbase.
-Team Hotshot on Reflection.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

I was sure it didnt but id been told be others (from here i think) that it was.

Karl2177

One hopes with Bungie going multiplat that Bungie.net will drop Passport as it's main mode of authentication and move it to just being link functionality for their games.

With Bungie's incredible team of web devs, I wonder how secure their new accounts will be. Most of the issues in the past have been with someone getting access to a WLID and simply calling Microsoft to gain access. I trust them, but it's something I'm eager/anxious for.

Fuchsdh

With Bungie's incredible team of web devs, I wonder how secure their new accounts will be. Most of the issues in the past have been with someone getting access to a WLID and simply calling Microsoft to gain access. I trust them, but it's something I'm eager/anxious for.

The Microsoft ID getting caught in an endless login loop still happens on occasion, but it used to be much worse. As long as you can link your old WLID to a new Bungie account I'm happy to switch over.

TheOddOne

Great game. Beat it on the PS2 so I'm not sure why I bought the HD Collection for it. Oh well, hope that ZoE HD Collection comes out soon.
I only disliked the Volgin boss fight, but the rest has been ace.

Epic ladder made me laugh, story is cheesy but also freaking awesome at the same time and the cutscenes are not that long (which suprised me, because of well Kojima).

Ken

I only disliked the Volgin boss fight, but the rest has been ace.

Epic ladder made me laugh, story is cheesy but also freaking awesome at the same time and the cutscenes are not that long (which suprised me, because of well Kojima).

Yeah, most of the cutscenes in MGS3 are not as long as the short movies in MGS4.

zap

Why do people want to drive a hog in first person anyway?

It's an advantage to actually see all around your hog and point out targets for your gunner who can't turn as quickly...

Havok

First person driving in games has always been kind of busted because the field of view is so tiny compared to what we actually see, especially when peripheral vision and eye movement comes into play. If I have to turn my camera (which approximates turning the head, not the eyes) just to see the rear view mirror in your game, don't bother with first person driving, because all it's going to do is annoy me. That dude in the video could barely see past his half of the windshield, and Reach has a relatively high FOV compared to the last few games :/

JuanGGZ

Banned
Why do people want to drive a hog in first person anyway?

It's an advantage to actually see all around your hog and point out targets for your gunner who can't turn as quickly...

Because it's so much fun. I don't care about advantages I could take with the third person view.

First person view allow us to see how the environnements are big and gorgeous. That's just epic.

343 Industries should leave us the choice about vehicles view between first or third person.

Friend bought me a point card for my birthday so I can buy Crysis 360.. You know, this game is kinda fun. Flawed, but fun. I really love the different approaches to combat and scenarios.. And man is the sniper a beast, my god, the sound it makes, and the distance you can pull off. I always wished the sniper in Halo SP would behave differently than MP, such as being more powerful.

For Halo 4, gimme first person view option for vehicles please http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ryA0TtrPzoQ

That could be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY !

As long as it were optional between 3rd/1st person that would be amazing. I really hope Halo 4 throws some things like this at us to make the game feel different while not destroying the formula.

I had wondered this also, it seems like it may have been one of those things they toyed around with.. My god was that video awesome. I wonder, what other things didn't make the cut? It seemed a few BWU hinted towards things that never formulated.

daedalius

First person hog driving would be terrible.

I'd rather they not spend time giving you the option of handicapping yourself.

Once we have all immersive 3d headsets with 180 degree rendering so our actual peripheral vision can be used, sure.

First person driving in games has always been kind of busted because the field of view is so tiny compared to what we actually see, especially when peripheral vision and eye movement comes into play. If I have to turn my camera (which approximates turning the head, not the eyes) just to see the rear view mirror in your game, don't bother with first person driving, because all it's going to do is annoy me. That dude in the video could barely see past his half of the windshield, and Reach has a relatively high FOV compared to the last few games :/

Like assasinations, it may be useless but it definitely looks fucking awesome!

Arnie

Nah, MGS4 is shite, and I'm a huge fan of the series so I don't accept that fan service crap.

MGS3 will always be the king. Always. So replayable.

Karl2177

For Halo 4, gimme first person view option for vehicles please http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ryA0TtrPzoQ

That could be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY !
Warthog, meh; Mongoose, meh; Falcon, cool as tits.

I loved the Beta intro, and now it makes me nostalgic for the beta again.

From a related video on Yuhas's link: Proof that Reach isn't a Halo game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom