• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSX is meh, never liked snowboarding games really so thats my problem but why do they have to be so cheesy and "cool" ? Zoe Payne a pink haired rebel doing karate moves in a helicopter with teeth and a lightning bolt painted on it...

FyreWulff

I dunno but I'll ask Fyrewulf again

If they're not interested in it then it would just be passed over. And they're not interested in "fixed spawns" versions of the maps. Otherwise I would do it. Prisoner is on the verge of being salvagable, but TBH out of all the Anniversary maps (while the port was great and it looks nice) I would have not selected Prisoner to join the modern era.

I guess what I could do is make a "fixed" Prisoner and then let you guys chew on it and see what you think. The map really only belongs in FFA though.

I think as with CE - it's a 2v2 map at heart. FFA's have the spawns getting awful messy in larger numbers. Anything larger than 2v2 and the map gets crowded quickly.

Yup, the map get spawn starved very quickly.

SSX is meh, never liked snowboarding games really so thats my problem but why do they have to be so cheesy and "cool" ? Zoe Payne a pink haired rebel doing karate moves in a helicopter with teeth and a lightning bolt painted on it...

SSX is WAY toned down from Tricky and 3.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i wish MS would get a new amped out

Fuchsdh

I think as with CE - it's a 2v2 map at heart. FFA's have the spawns getting awful messy in larger numbers. Anything larger than 2v2 and the map gets crowded quickly.

Indeed. "Broken" gets tossed around a lot, oftentimes for trivial reasons, but any team objective game in particular is absolute hell. The "get on top" theme means that one team dominates the other as soon as they've secured the top levels, and its almost impossible to dislodge them. Oh, and all the useful power weapons for that are... also on the top.

The Certain Affinity variant addresses some of those issues by giving more routes up top, more space to hold and more sheltered spawns, but it's still not that fun.

The jump was higher and there wasn't inertia holding you back, but you were still a dang turtle. No more of that, please.

Playing CEA I feel like I'm in Unreal Tournament-style Ghost mode some of the time, it's such a dramatic difference. I really liked speed in ODST, but when I'm a Spartan... I want to truck.

Agreed, Yea that map is really small, just very vertical. It won't work well for anything large like 4v4. I never played it in Halo CE but I feel in this case its not broken its just an issue of incorrect playlist positioning.

I know I'm breaking Elzar's heart right now, but agreed. I never liked snowboarding games and this demo did not make me change my mind.

Of course, I would break all your highscores if I would play : P

789shadow

Banned
I have a lot of fun with Prisoner though, and it's usually 4v4. I get my biggest kill numbers on that map. The spawning is rarely an issue, even though it's the only map I can say that I've been bothered by the spawns. And I disagree about it being dominated by the team on top. I find that it's a good strategy to hide in the corridors on the bottom floor and 3-shot anyone who falls down (only really play it in Classic).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

Welcome to SSX? What's the big deal here? Don't you remember the EA Big brand? Rejoice in the stupidity!

FyreWulff

Need a 4th to help work on the weekly. Just playing normally. Currently in Anniversary Squad.

We're currently in a KOTH gametype where the game stopped giving points after we got 3.. The entire other team is in the hill and they're getting no points.

I'll join, GT: GUFU789shadow

Sent you a request.

Edit: That is, if it isn't full. :(

I'll grab you in a bit

789shadow

Banned
Need a 4th to help work on the weekly. Just playing normally. Currently in Anniversary Squad.

We're currently in a KOTH gametype where the game stopped giving points after we got 3.. The entire other team is in the hill and they're getting no points.

I'll join, GT: GUFU789shadow

Sent you a request.

Edit: That is, if it isn't full. :(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ugh, messed up one Uber Tricky and finished with 11.9 million. The frustration when your multiplier tumbles off the screen.

Fueled with fury, 15.5 next try. I'm starting to get the hang of it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed that the Reload This! medal has little devil horns. :-O

feel

Get hyped some more with the worst yet best Halo 4 interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDueXLqbiCs

"that's gonna go on the wall..."
frank_eyeroll.gif

This thing has it all, awkward silences, funny faces, eyerolls, lightning color changing constantly, the most substantial Halo 4 info drop yet, etc

Homeboyd

Get hyped some more with the worst yet best Halo 4 interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDueXLqbiCs

"that's gonna go on the wall..."
http://halogaf.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/frank_eyeroll.gif[IMG]

This thing has it all, awkward silences, funny faces, eyerolls, lightning color changing constantly, the most substantial Halo 4 info drop yet, etc[/QUOTE]
Hahaha Jeeeeeeessussss that was awkward

I couldn't do it... I would've just kept walking.

heckfu

Banned
I have a friend who wants to know if Frankie and/or David are going to GDC since they'll be there. Anyone know?

You guys remember the Starwolf times? Man.

Overdoziz

Banned
Halo.Bungie.net said:
: To be competitive it has to be fair.

: - That means no maps that players have not played before
: - That means no changes of Spawns
: - That means no changes of Weapons
: - That means no changes of Loadouts
: - That means no changes of Geometry
: - That means no changes of Vanilla Reach
: - That means no changes of ANYTHING

: I watched the last MLG on Waypoint. The entire time I was thinking. 'Put The