• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a hilariously stupid triple kill with just nade that I laughed about for like 5 minutes after it happened.
Reminds me the stupid trip I got today.

On another note, I got extremely lucky with buying an out of box no slow at best buy.
AmJVqAjCAAAkUrR.jpg

Really sad that my MLG controller didn't work out. :(

Edit:
Also one of today's challenge made me chuckle a bit.

adasdfasdf.jpg

If they're not interested in it then it would just be passed over. And they're not interested in "fixed spawns" versions of the maps. Otherwise I would do it. Prisoner is on the verge of being salvagable, but TBH out of all the Anniversary maps (while the port was great and it looks nice) I would have not selected Prisoner to join the modern era.

I guess what I could do is make a "fixed" Prisoner and then let you guys chew on it and see what you think. The map really only belongs in FFA though.

Ok, I wasn't sure what the cc's could or couldn't do so thanks for clearing that up. So, that must mean 343 asked the cc's to test heavy's...........

FyreWulff

Ok, I wasn't sure what the cc's could or couldn't do so thanks for clearing that up. So, that must mean 343 asked the cc's to test heavy's...........

They asked us to collect them and test them like all the other themes we've done for 343 and Bungie. I actually don't know of any internally-created 343 heavy variants in the pipeline (but then again, we don't know of any internal pipeline stuff, since they'd just test it themselves)

I'm also working on that Prisoner spawn tweak between code compiles and uploading to pass the time. Might be ready in a day or two.

Bioloff

Neo Member
HaloGAF,

My old Xbox live account got hacked. I had every achievement in Halo 3. Are there any gaffers who want to help a brother out with the multiplayer achievements in it? If not I'd gladly go to an Xbox boosting site, but I'd figure I would ask here first.

PM me.

Bioloff

Neo Member
Why not get your own account back with MS Support?

I've tried, numerous times. The account was made when I was quite young, (when the Original Xbox was out) and my father created it for me. I don't know the passwords or his credit card, or his security questions. He passed.

Karl2177

I've tried, numerous times. The account was made when I was quite young, (when the Original Xbox was out) and my father created it for me. I don't know the passwords or his credit card, or his security questions. He passed.

I'm sorry to hear that. If I were to get live again, I'd be glad to help you out. I still have 4 achievements left in Halo 3, including vidmaster annual.

Karl2177

This is still the most fun I have had with any achievement in any game. I really wish we could have more like this.

My less than average Internet connection has prevented me from getting it. I attempted a while back with some Norwegians, but the Iowa to Norway ping was insane.

Homeboyd

My less than average Internet connection has prevented me from getting it. I attempted a while back with some Norwegians, but the Iowa to Norway ping was insane.
But you managed Endure? I heard horror stories about people dropping connections on the last wave...

Endure was my favorite vidmaster. Such a rush closing in on those last few rounds/waves!

This is still the most fun I have had with any achievement in any game. I really wish we could have more like this.
The best thing about the campaign vidmaster or skull vidmaster is that it shows a different approach to a specific level/map. Hundred thousand of people would never know that there are ghosts under the ramp or the 999 rocket launcher. And then the fun factor.

But the Anniversary achievements make the same thing too. I hope Halo 4 will have such a creative achievement list.

Karl2177

But you managed Endure? I heard horror stories about people dropping connections on the last wave...

Endure was my favorite vidmaster. Such a rush closing in on those last few rounds/waves!
Nope. That and the coastal highway without hogs/scorpions are the only 2 ODST achievements I have left.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The best thing about the campaign vidmaster or skull vidmaster is that it shows a different approach to a specific level/map. Hundred thousand of people would never know that there are ghosts under the ramp or the 999 rocket launcher. And then the fun factor.

But the Anniversary achievements make the same thing too. I hope Halo 4 will have such a creative achievement list.

I agree, I still can't believe this kind of thing wasn't in Reach, even though Reach is chocked full of easter eggs, but why couldn't it have both?

Those Vidmaster achievements were great, and at the end the reward was fantastic too. They were memorable achievements, and achievements you actually had fun doing.

I remember that Trasher, his friend, Darkflight(?) and me tried to get it. We died on the last Chieftain. Much worse than dropping connection on the last wave.

feel

wut

edit-

just remembered English is not your first language (just like me), seems like an honest mistake not to have picked up on what those last 2 words meant.

Fuchsdh

Going for Endure today. Last time we were 10 minutes from end when someone dropped... hopefully playing with all NA players will prevent that this time.

Firefight in ODST is so much fun. Reach could never compare because it had to be stripped down to a bite-size 20-30 minute format, and now it's basically Arcadefight all the time so people can complete challenges. I hope it's given the proper matchmaking and netcode to make longer games a reality in later incarnations.

(Black Eye still sucks.)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Going for Endure today. Last time we were 10 minutes from end when someone dropped... hopefully playing with all NA players will prevent that this time.

Firefight in ODST is so much fun. Reach could never compare because it had to be stripped down to a bite-size 20-30 minute format, and now it's basically Arcadefight all the time so people can complete challenges. I hope it's given the proper matchmaking and netcode to make longer games a reality in later incarnations.

(Black Eye still sucks.)

This is one of the biggest issues with the Halo games. Coop/firefight netcode has always been shit. I'm really hoping that doesn't remain the same with 343 behind the wheel.

TCKaos

I still have three or four Halo 3 Achievables left to get. Too bad I don't have enough time to get on Live 'till Friday. Scholarship essays and resumes, dontchya' know.

I still have three or four Halo 3 Achievables left to get. Too bad I don't have enough time to get on Live 'till Friday. Scholarship essays and resumes, dontchya' know.

But what are you going to put on your résumé if you don't have all of the Halo 3 achievements?

Everyone knows your K/D ratio doesn't matter that much to employers, they just glance at it to filter out the bad kids.

Fuchsdh

But what are you going to put on your résumé if you don't have all of the Halo 3 achievements?

Everyone knows your K/D ratio doesn't matter that much to employers, they just glance at it to filter out the bad kids.

I proudly display my Halo 3 Korean Lone Wolves achievements.

Alright, new day bitches for some more HaloGaf competitive SSX, Monkey and Tawpgun, I'm coming for your scores.

Also Robbert, you are not the lowest scoring person on my list anymore, however, some outer world voice tells me it's someone we all know...

(Black Eye still sucks.)

If you need help I'm down. I love doing vidmasters.

Alright, new day bitches for some more HaloGaf competitive SSX, Monkey and Tawpgun, I'm coming for your scores.

Also Robbert, you are not the lowest scoring person on my list anymore, however, some outer world voice tells me it's someone we all know...

I'm not gonna bother with that demo anymore :p I got Mass Effect 2 to keep me bus. Tell this mysterious man he'd better beat my scores!

JuanGGZ

Banned
That's an unfortunate misunderstood...

Are you hispanic bro?

I received like 2 or 4 PM. Oh god (not a joke)... I thought he was away from him... Not as far as that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

(French & Spanish)

My mistake made me laugh now, but that's not funny.

GhaleonEB

This is one of the biggest issues with the Halo games. Coop/firefight netcode has always been shit. I'm really hoping that doesn't remain the same with 343 behind the wheel.

I'm hoping we at least see incremental improvement. Firefight and Campaign are so good with a good connection. (Fyrewulf lecture incoming in 5....4....)

I'm thinking the g4tv thing was the Borderlands 2 announcement that Hyper found out about some time ago...
Gearbox officially announced the Borderlands 2 release date at 2pm GMT+1. So I didn't find it. :) I liked the trailer because it shows a lot of the game.(Otherwise there weren't any official gameplay segments). I hope Halo 4 will get a similar one with Singleplayer, Firefight and MP gameplay. :)

Homeboyd

Gearbox officially announced the Borderlands 2 release date at 2pm GMT+1. So I didn't find it. :) I liked the trailer because it shows a lot of the game.(Otherwise there weren't any official gameplay segments). I hope Halo 4 will get a similar one with Singleplayer, Firefight and MP gameplay. :)
I just meant you were light years ahead of g4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom