• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
I just ran into an Inheritor who had 80,000 kills in Arena. He only had 15,000 in Competitive and has only played a few campaign and firefight matches.

I do not have the words to express my feelings about that.

wwm0nkey

This guy knows what's up.

Lots of Snowboarding games out there, but only one Saints Row The third.

Ampd 3 came out on the launch of the 360 and there have only been those really really shitty shaun white games. So Really there are only 2 snowboarding games right now because shaun white doesnt even deserve to be mentioned.

Also, why does TU stuff suck so much harder than Vanilla stuff?
n8xP0.gif

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
False.

You guys should stop playing bad games and buy Saints Row the Third.
Keep playing, until you get to the point where the game removes all interesting enemies (STAG/gangs) due to 'story progression' and becomes a wasteland. That's poor design.

GhaleonEB

The discussion in the Halo 4 thread has me reminded of how much fun the run up to launch and after is going to be. We don't have the reveal yet and passions are already running high. Hoooo boy.

Hey You

1000x this. SR3 was right behind Portal 2 for my GOTY.

Fighting zombies on a mission from Burt Reynolds...feels good man

That mission was kinda meh for me. Could have done alot more wacky,over the top stuff with
zombies

Keep playing, until you get to the point where the game removes all interesting enemies (STAG/gangs) due to 'story progression' and becomes a wasteland. That's poor design.

There is still quite a bit of gangs if you don't completely take over all the hoods.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm owed fun, and when headshots don't register, that's not fun.

No, I don't care about stats, I only trust what I see with my eyes.
Put your replays in your fileshare, we'll let science decide. The argument that a game isn't fun because you say none of your 'skillful moves' are working isn't a strong one. I mess up timings in UMvC3 all the time. I wouldn't say it's the game's fault, and that it becomes less fun.

789shadow

Banned
Put your replays in your fileshare, we'll let science decide. The argument that a game isn't fun because you say none of your 'skillful moves' are working isn't a strong one. I mess up timings in UMvC3 all the time. I wouldn't say it's the game's fault, and that it becomes less fun.

Strawman. I never said my lack of skill was causing my lack of fun. The game just plain sometimes is infuriating, which often overlaps to when I suck.

Blueblur1

The discussion in the Halo 4 thread has me reminded of how much fun the run up to launch and after is going to be. We don't have the reveal yet and passions are already running high. Hoooo boy.

Yep, it's already starting to feel like the old times. Just swap Shadow for Numbers and it's like we're back in 2007. Lol

Tell me about it. That thread freaking exploded with heated debate. I can't imagine what its going to be like once they show off the game with things they did change, and also things they didn't change. Its gonna be interesting once we finally see something controversial.

789shadow

Banned
Tell me about it. That thread freaking exploded with heated debate. I can't imagine what its going to be like once they show off the game with things they did change, and also things they didn't change. Its gonna be interesting once we finally see something controversial.

Oh boy, if they keep Armor Lock in............

Welp, my ears just steamed.

Help us understand...

What don't you like about Reach and what would you want?

Things I hate about Reach:

Armor Lock, and specific combinations of armor abilities.
Unzoom when shot (should only be on the Sniper Rifle for balance purposes.)
ARMOR LOCK
Awful spawning
Mediocre matchmaking often puts me against far superior opponents, or my non-mic'd team against a coordinating team with mics
Shotgun has far too long a range for my liking.
The two-hit-kill melee makes it too easy to just run into someone and melee them to death.

Oh boy, if they keep Armor Lock in............

Welp, my ears just steamed.

Yeah, I don't want armor lock either. Its just not fun to use (well, if someone hits you with a ghost and blow them up it can be) and its not fun to fight. It just slows things down. However, I loved the bubble shield in Halo 3, so if that can make a return in some shape or form I will be a happy camper. Also, I do enjoy sprint, and would like to see it return to Halo 4, only altered to work with faster base movement.

With Halo 4 the thing I want the most is for it to feel new and fresh, to introduce a ton of new weapons/vehicles/enemies to the universe and sandbox. I dont expect everything to be brand new, but if they manage to make most of the game surprising and alien compared to past halo games, yet play as the Halo we like then I will be a happy person.

On another note, from the Halo 4 thread it seems we should not bank on Halo 4 being present at the MS spring showcase.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ARMOR LOCK
Awful spawning
Mediocre matchmaking often puts me against far superior opponents, or my non-mic'd team against a coordinating team with mics
The two-hit-kill melee makes it too easy to just run into someone and melee them to death.
This adds a lot of context and clarity to your argument, and is distinctly different than "WTF I'm not having fun, this game sucks." You should have based your critique on these points from the start.

And out of curiosity, not interrogation, haha -- why don't you like TU settings?

Things I hate about Reach:

ARMOR LOCK
Awful spawning

Unzoom when shot is not specific to Reach.

Also, why does TU stuff suck so much harder than Vanilla stuff?

Headhunter is a an abysmal gametype that should never show it's fucking face in Halo ever again.

I have less fun in TU than in Vanilla, so yes.

Also, fuck you matchmaking.

Reach made me rage today, so it's time to take revenge!

sob

2 whole kills. 2 KILLS.

Fuck Slayer Pro.

Why does everything in this game fucking suck.

50314_288865372137_2985807_n.jpg

The TU is glorious, I actually want to play other playlists than Team Snipers now.

On another note, from the Halo 4 thread it seems we should not bank on Halo 4 being present at the MS spring showcase.

Oh for fucks sake...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Unzoom isn't a problem, the problem is that the magnetism out of scope fucking sucks.

Getting sniped halfway across the map by someone with an AR, and I can't do anything about it because the DMR is practically useless save for when it's scoped in=ridiculous.

As for 789shadow, I agree with a lot of your comments about Reach. Although I like TU quite a bit;don't understand how I ever enjoyed vanilla. I also agree with Letters, k/d and stats are irrelevant when critiquing this game. Some matches are downright atrocious even when I'm doing well, and sometimes I have a blast when I'm losing. HaloGAF, even with all of their insane halo skills, are not the only people who play this game. That said, I still want a game that is satisfying for both skilled players and lesser skilled players, obviously. (Not calling shadow a bad player, by the way) The problem is that Reach doesn't do this very well.

789shadow

Banned
I should back off of saying TU sucks, I was in an especially bad mood right then.

Everyone playing TU is so much better than me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom