• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
t46xS.png

Dat pistol...

No H4 news on the 29th makes me really sad, when the shit are they going to show the damn game? Hope they share some audio content today :(

In about 3 days we will hit the 6 MONTHS WITHOUT H4 NEWS mark, that's just not right.

I know I may just be wrong but the Toy Fair fiasco left me really dissapointed.

daedalius

Yeah.. Even though it seems Halo 4 wont be at the Spring Showcase I really can't see it being too much longer til we see something. With all of use anticipating something around the corner Im sure if our wait is to be much longer our dreams would have been crushed much harder. Then again, who knows. Hell, maybe they dont know, it possible they are still in the process of deciding how and when to show it off. Lets hope for GDC though.

Well Frank did talk about going to talk to partners and show them everything to get reading for the marketing campaign, so I can't imagine real news is THAT far off.

No H4 news on the 29th makes me really sad, when the shit are they going to show the damn game? Hope they share some audio content today :(

In about 3 days we will hit the 6 MONTHS WITHOUT H4 NEWS, that's just not right.

That awesome figure of MC just left me wanting a real render :)

Well, ultimately I think what Frankie was trying to emphasize is that we don't read into his words or lack of words too much. In this case, he never said Halo 4 wouldn't be there, he simply said we shouldn't assume it was just because he didn't comment on it. Basically wait and see, and only set your hype meter if he says so.

That said, I hope we get a surprise info drop in the near future. This game is getting me to Halo 3 levels of anticipation.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

In about 3 days we will hit the 6 MONTHS WITHOUT H4 NEWS, that's just not right.

They want to make it special.

Wait 7. :)

Ramirez

Gonna lol pretty hard if they don't show anything at the MS event, especially since they've seen how pumped everyone is and kind of expecting it. I know they don't have an obligation to shoot down rumors, but man...

9416f540.png

^ I know, I know..

Gonna lol pretty hard if they don't show anything at the MS event, especially since they've seen how pumped everyone is and kind of expecting it. I know they don't have an obligation to shoot down rumors, but man...

Well, for the most part Frankies post seemed to make me believe it wont be there, but Ill wait and see, though Im not expecting anything. I still expect a trailer before we see gameplay outright.

FyreWulff

How do you make these skulls spawn each time you score in a Halo Ball gametype? I labelled some hill markers as GOAL_NOISE_MAKER but I just get the sound, not the skulls :(

You have to set your GOAL_NOISE_MAKER to the team that scores into that goal (so if it's the goal red is defending, set it to Blue Team) and then set the spawn sequence to the number of points the goal is worth.

So GOAL_NOISE_MAKER / BLUE TEAM / 1 will make skulls explode when Blue scores 1 point

GOAL_NOISE_MAKER / RED TEAM / 3 will make skulls fire off only when Red Team puts a ball into a 3-point goal

wwm0nkey

Well, for the most part Frankies post seemed to make me believe it wont be there, but Ill wait and see, though Im not expecting anything. I still expect a trailer before we see gameplay outright.

Yeah I dont know if its going to be there or not now. I mean it would be amazing if it was but at least we know we get info before June.

I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that. People thought I was crazy, but I know grenades follow me
There was a video posted here a few threads back where a guy threw a grenade out the doorway to the outside of Countdown after a guy ran by, and instead of bouncing forward, it bounced at 90 degrees after the guy who ran by. Seems pretty damning to me.

You have to set your GOAL_NOISE_MAKER to the team that scores into that goal (so if it's the goal red is defending, set it to Blue Team) and then set the spawn sequence to the number of points the goal is worth.

So GOAL_NOISE_MAKER / BLUE TEAM / 1 will make skulls explode when Blue scores 1 point

GOAL_NOISE_MAKER / RED TEAM / 3 will make skulls fire off only when Red Team puts a ball into a 3-point goal

Thanks Fyre!

FyreWulff

Also I just woke up an hour ago, but it looks like they finally put a bullet into Waypoint. Happy little engineer shows up when I put it up. Hopefully they make it stay up after this.

Maintenance.jpg

In about 3 days we will hit the 6 MONTHS WITHOUT H4 NEWS mark, that's just not right.

It was your fault to get hyped for it. Game is definitely coming this year. That's all I need to know. Okay. Some gameplay stuff would be interesting too. But I have a lot of games which distract me from Halo 4 somehow. Still If 343i says that news is coming, I'll get more hyped than you ever were. Definitely.

And a Sparkast is coming! Why don't you get hyped for more teases?! Remember the second last Sparkast? Some awesome teases if you ask me.

Gonna be a looooooot of pissed of fans is that's the case, should be entertaining!
Yep. Somehow I even hope to see a meltdown. Am I a bad person?

Also I just woke up an hour ago, but it looks like they finally put a bullet into Waypoint. Happy little engineer shows up when I put it up. Hopefully they make it stay up after this.
Neat. I hope Engineers will play a role in Halo 4. :)

Overdoziz

Banned
Waypoint has been incredibly slow all day. Even more so than usual. I took several minutes to load a page at times.

Damn Lyphen that tricky score is INSANE, im going to compete with you on Race but on Tricky I have no idea how the hell you got so high.

Elzar told me to call you a damn no life. :p

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Damn Lyphen that tricky score is INSANE, im going to compete with you on Race but on Tricky I have no idea how the hell you got so high.

Elzar told me to call you a damn no life. :p
Funny thing is, I took 45 minutes to get that time score, but got the Tricky score immediately after switching back. Time just isn't my blessing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Your ghost was my mortal enemy, I got that score by following your ghost game after game after game and just trying to shave corners off here and there. Good game. (despite not even playing you lol)
Yeah, I was cutting corners hard to beat Tawp who would out of nowhere leap ahead of me or grind a pole faster. And everytime I try to grind up the tree in the beginning I fail.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Maintenance.jpg
Prepping those servers for when they get hammered a week from now. Yup, yup. ;]

Yeah, I was cutting corners hard to beat Tawp who would out of nowhere leap ahead of me or grind a pole faster. And everytime I try to grind up the tree in the beginning I fail.

That Tree really shaves time off the run, its insane how that thing catapults you.

Ride that Tricky out.

I just cant do it. :(

Funny thing is, I took 45 minutes to get that time score, but got the Tricky score immediately after switching back. Time just isn't my blessing.

I really think im the opposite, the mechanics of getting a high score elude me in Trick mode lol :(

It was your fault to get hyped for it. Game is definitely coming this year. That's all I need to know. Okay. Some gameplay stuff would be interesting too. But I have a lot of games which distract me from Halo 4 somehow. Still If 343i says that news is coming, I'll get more hyped than you ever were. Definitely.

And a Sparkast is coming! Why don't you get hyped for more teases?! Remember the second last Sparkast? Some awesome teases if you ask me.

Yep. Somehow I even hope to see a meltdown. Am I a bad person?

Neat. I hope Engineers will play a role in Halo 4. :)

I actually love Frankie/David teases but after a six months media blackout you just get hyped for everything, even a Toy Fair (I'm not even gonna buy one of these figurines).

I'm sure I'll remember Halo 4 because of how awesome it'll be but also because of its shitty marketing campaign.

Sure, Frankie would just hop in here and say "it hasn't even started" or "there's much more to come" but for now it has been a complete FAILURE.

Fuuuuuck. I really want to get below 2 minutes, some GAFers have done it but that's just magic. Joined the 20K Tricky club. Game NEEDS fireworks on jumps. I felt I deserved it after that run.

Okay Lyphen, you punk, that is an amazing score : ).

Out of curiosity, can I do a head count, how many HaloGaf people are getting SSX?

Random semi-spoilerific Primordium question-

Were the glowing creatures in the lake a type of Engineer?
If so, Im would love to see that realized in the games in one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom