• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Random thought: What if Team Objective was at the top of playlists list?
It would probably help, but I'm not sure that the kind of players it would bring in would be good for the playlist. That and a constant Super Jackpot could bring up the population significantly if they were really worried about its performance.

zap

Random thought: What if Team Objective was at the top of playlists list?

The theory is that a lot people don't choose for any specific playlist, but whatever comes up when they mash "A".

I'd love to see if the population is affected, it wouldn't take much and wouldn't change anything substantial. I'd love 343 to give it a try.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The theory is that a lot people don't choose for any specific playlist, but whatever comes up when they mash "A".

I'd love to see if the population is affected, it wouldn't take much and wouldn't change anything substantial. I'd love 343 to give it a try.

People tend to play less objective type games because they require less team work. Also, most people play alone, so this makes the most sense.

Only playlist where there is a sense of trueskill and competitiveness

Wouldn't object to mlg as the arena playlist

Arena is still hardly competitive at all, since all the truly good people play MLG.
When I play with my buddies we only get 1 hard game outa like 25, and we're only above average in MLG playlist.

Striker

Or just give MLG Arena ranks.
If MLG wants it, they should tell bs angel.

5v5 Objective is garbage. Should have kept it 4v4, removed the hilarious fringe gametypes, and TO would've been 100x better than it was a month ago. Evade being gone is great, but it's just a step forward and a partial step back. Like when they removed Drop Shields, they added in more junk later for no reason.

Havok

Since the possibility of double melee sprinters has returned to the game, any chance of getting a melee power reduction to 75%?
Arena ranks are garbage. They need a massive overhaul. I would rather they tighten the matchmaking restrictions
on level 3
They're more accurate and useful than the linear numerical progression (aka grind through bad players until you hit your level) everybody keeps claiming they want.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Arena ranks are garbage. They need a massive overhaul. I would rather they tighten the matchmaking restrictions
on level 3

zap

on level 3

What makes you say that? It seemed to provide a good matching system, it always gave close matches once I was ranked...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
85% is 85% too much
notenougho6jba.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What makes you say that? It seemed to provide a good matching system, it always gave close matches once I was ranked...

Because there's no way to accurately measure, in Halo Reach, a players skill/role/importance in an objective game.

edit: Or wait, did they make it so it's just wins and losses?

Havok

Because there's no way to accurately measure, in Halo Reach, a players skill/role/importance in an objective game.

edit: Or wait, did they make it so it's just wins and losses?
It has been Win/Loss for a long time now.

Arena ranks always seem to get a lot of hate, but the linear numerical progression from 2 and 3 were not good systems. You grind through bad players until you start losing. This skips the grind and places you as well as it can with the 20 or whatever games you play to place and then you start from there. Their isolation and implementation has marred the idea, though.

So I guess you hated getting killed in 2/3 when your shields came back up, but you were still weak?
Wasn't this because each bullet in a BR burst did individual damage? 11th bullet popped shields, 12th for the headshot?

That kinda stuff just feels janky for single shot weapons. No comment on the CE Pistol since I never really played CE MP.

Kill me with a BR by hitting 11 shots to my head. The 12th shot kills me only because my shields are gone. Only with power weapons do bleedthrough kills happen.
My thoughts exactly. That's how the BR worked right? Fyrewulff, come drop some fancy technobabble.

My enthusiasm for Evade being removed encompasses some of the other questionable choices in the update. And while I too enjoyed melee bleedthrough, I hated it's effect on guns so I'm not too sad to see it go. Hopefully this will make it easier for Vanilla players to embrace the TU and soon 343 can just make it game wide. Now they should make melee 75% damage and it would be perfect.

Squad Slayer removed sucks. Duplicate Team Slayer playlists is meh. Objective being 5v5 is wtf. Who gives a shit about Heavies.

Redford

aka Cabbie
It's cool that they'll use that level of realism(?), but not only is it pre-rendered, I can't really see the utility except for trippy scenes with Chief's psyche or something.

Blinding

How in the world did I miss this? :lol (Also, no audio at work, so I couldn't hear if there was a voiceover or not.)

No, he wasn't being serious, I originally posted it a few pages back from the channel it was originally put on which had the title "Halo 4 Cinematic ViDoc." It was later confirmed to be fake.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Uh, why are people happy that bleedthrough is gone? It was one of the fundamental changes in the TU to make gun/melee combat more like previous Halos and now we're going back to the inconsistent method. :(

I'm happy Evade is gone, but why the bleedthrough, too?

GhaleonEB

Uh, why are people happy that bleedthrough is gone? It was one of the fundamental changes in the TU to make gun/melee combat more like previous Halos and now we're going back to the inconsistent method. :(

Because it was frustrating getting killed instantly with no warning when you had full health and some shields. The Reach sandbox and UI were not designed for bleedthrough; it was a nice idea but it just didn't work without larger (out of scope) changes.

Overdoziz

Banned

How is Reach's system inconsistent?

Kibbles

I'm with Domino, I don't get the cheering for no bleedthrough.

Typical BTB Start (I don't know, I'm bored. Pretty map 343)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom