• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey You

So the difference between vanilla and TU is now

- 85% vs 100% bloom

- garbage armor lock vs tolerable armor lock

- slightly reduced stealth time on camo

- am I missing something?

these are REALLY two different types of gameplay??

Halo 4 beta can't come soon enough.

You know, there are people out there who want to play Reach the way it was intended to be. I personally enjoy both True Reach and the TU settings. I want to enjoy both.

Glad Ram & Letters seem to get why Reach's MM management by 343 is worrying and why it potentially bodes poorly for Halo 4.

We want to believe, and it hasn't been convincing to date. We can only judge by what is in front of us.

You know, there are people out there who want to play Reach the way it was intended to be. I personally enjoy both True Reach and the TU settings. I want to enjoy both.
Different opinions to my own?!? Non-existent.

=D

We need more info!
I highly doubt anything will really come out until Monday, just teases. Sunday night is going to be a fun night of sleeping..

------

Also I'm glad it shinny, I didn't like the "dark and rough" look of Reach too much, yea I know the story us supposed to be that.

halo3screens.jpg
>
zoF2s.jpg

Somewhere between Halo 3 and Reach would be the sweet spot, cause while Reach has its flaws, a lot of Halo 3 looked like poop. That said, a lot of Halo 3 was also stunning.

It's not like Halo playlist management has ever been really good. AR/SMG starts on big maps three games in a row is quite something.
There's room/demand for a certain level of AR starts, it's time to accept that.

And yes, Bungie's Playlist reign was mixed. We're going to continue to ask for better.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
=D

We need more info!

Somewhere between Halo 3 and Reach would be the sweet spot, cause while Reach has its flaws, a lot of Halo 3 looked like poop. That said, a lot of Halo 3 was also stunning.

reach's detail + halo 3's color and lighting = gorgeous

And yes, Bungie's Playlist reign was mixed. We're going to continue to ask for better.
I'm re-posting my opinion:
Reach was train wreck even before 343i did the playlists. They split the community with the TU into two groups: People who like Original Reach or people who like TU. And here we are: A very awful position for the playlist. 343i should have taken drastic measures against one of the two groups. No TU settings anymore or no Original reach settings.

So if Reach didn't have its flaws at the beginning, the situation would look much different now. They did the best thing they could imo. Otherwise I won't make a real opinion about the playlist management until some "Halo 4 playlist updates". Otherwise: Hire Juices.

It's really hard to judge. Especially since they were always two groups who called for changes and for no changes.

Shit I have to go to bed. Tomorrow I will write a physic exam.

I wonder how different the TU vs. Vanilla voting results would have been if bleedthrough had been removed last month.

It would have been interesting to see the results if TU vs. Vanilla was the only variable on the voting screen. Whatever the voting results were for the experiment are not reliable in the slightest.

I wanted Squad Slayer to be removed, but I wanted it to be removed to reduce a playlist, not to be replaced by a Team Slayer duplicate. I was and still am quite excited about Evade being removed and I think removing bleedthrough was the right decision, but some of the other changes are definitely questionable. Maybe if the TS vote had followed the 4th grade standards of the scientific method, they could have gotten better TU vs. Vanilla results and removed Vanilla (with the exception of Vanilla). Especially with bleedthrough gone now, there really isn't any good reason to keep vanilla, just more fragmentation.

343 has unfortunately not shown much desire to keep objective alive in matchmaking, especially with this update. There is now no way to play 4v4 Reach objective. How is that possible? There is a 100 playlists in the game, and there isn't going to be one to play what should be a staple of the game.

Also, can we get a damn Halo 4 info leak already? AC3 stuff is flying over the webs every few hours.

Overdoziz

Banned

I'm not talking about AR starts in general, I'm talking about AR starts on BTB maps which doesn't work in any way. And every game people complained about it and eventually they change it to DMR/BR starts. Same for Team Snipers, multiple times they mixed it in with normal Slayer gametypes, everybody complained and eventually it got its own playlist.

I guess this doesn't really apply to 343 but it's still frustrating that Bungie made the same mistakes over and over again.

I'm re-posting my opinion:
I disagree.

I'm hoping this is not "the best that they could". I'm hoping this is just a very small team with little resources/support and worse tools, that 343I have planned for this in Halo 4 and will have a big Playlist management team with all the resources they could need for rapid & effective decision making & implementation.

Havok

I'm hoping this is not "the best that they could". I'm hoping this is just a very small team with little resources/support and worse tools, that 343I have planned for this in Halo 4 and will have a big Playlist management team with all the resources they could need for rapid & effective decision making & implementation.
I thought they at one point mentioned it was one dude and a team of testers. Might be misremembering and/or making that up.

I am going to take the day off work, build a blanket fort in the living room and wait them out.

I pictured Batman standing on a roof, lightning in the background, shouting for Halo 4 on Monday.

Criminals beware that day. If I was a crook and I saw Batman screaming about Halo on rooftops, I would be freaked the fuck out.

wwm0nkey

All I have Monday is foot surgery and Counter Strike : GO (you all need to buy the fuck out of this when it hits)

So I am good on Monday lol

TheOddOne

Hey French pres, "embargo" means you can post your videos and pictures on the first day! No need to wait.

All I have Monday is foot surgery and Counter Strike : GO (you all need to buy the fuck out of this when it hits)

Foot surgery? Well best of luck anyway :)

Blinding

You got a key?!? So jealous, but that jealousy could go away if you didn't gift your spare beta key to a friend and would be willing to gift it to me. ;]

What do you need foot surgery for?

wwm0nkey

You got a key?!? So jealous, but that jealousy could go away if you didn't gift your spare beta key to a friend and would be willing to gift it to me. ;]

What do you need foot surgery for?

Sorry i did give it to a friend :(
But the game is all kinds of amazing.

My toe really, in grown nails :/

zap

Matchmaking update has some swings and some misses.

I was kinda nnoyed at the cop-out of adding Super Slayer... then I saw that Squad Slayer was being removed? What?! Why would you not say, "Hey, looks like people like TU and Vanilla. Lucky we already have one slayer playlist that has TU settings and one that doesn't!"
The beauty of Squad slayer was that it was TU, no crappy forge maps AND no Armour Lock...

Objective being 5v5 worries me slightly... could get very grenade-spammy quickly on the flag.

feel

Flying to Caracas tomorrow to take care of some business, I hope there isn't a massive leak tomorrow, sucks balls being on the cellphone for something like that. Also I hope I don't get killed or kidnapped there, so I can enjoy the Monday goodness drop with the rest of you.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This, pretty much. Even 5 years later Halo 3's lighting doesn't disappoint, but the jaggies can get quite annoying...

pretty sure thats why we never get to fight scarabs in reach - they simply wouldnt blow up as pretty as in 3 ;)

Flying to Caracas tomorrow to take care of some business, I hope there isn't a massive leak tomorrow, sucks balls being on the cellphone for something like that. Also I hope I don't get killed or kidnapped there, so I can enjoy the Monday goodness drop with the rest of you.

Err... good luck both of you.
I hear that if you die before the Halo 4 reveal that you don't know what Heaven looks like.

Monday's gonna be good. (Except for the Monday morning feeling at work, and the itching need to check Gaf somewhere I wont be able to browse Gaf :( )

Homeboyd

Halo 4 and March Madness...

Shaping up to be a fantastic month.

:)

:lol I love how getting killed or kidnapped is the second concern you have regarding this trip

It's not like you need both kidneys to survive ;)

pretty sure thats why we never get to fight scarabs in reach - they simply wouldnt blow up as pretty as in 3 ;)

Man, that actually opened up old wounds. I seriously couldn't believe why there wasn't at least one Scarab fight during the last level. Nope, Carter had to ruin all the fun with his "heroic sacrifice" (which was kind of cool, but seriously).

Such a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom