• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuborn

qOUoI.png

Who wants to try to figure out what's going on in that menu? :lol

360 devkit executable launcher. I like the hud bobbing but that short snippet was gears roadie run levels of camera movement, hopefully we get an adjustable slider like crysis 2.

Woorloog

Banned
Ya, that was my guess too.

MLG v7 - No noobs - Lvl 50 only

You spend next five minutes kicking people who do not qualify.

Custom game browser would be great but i doubt people will actually play anything interesting in it. If Reach had a customs browser, i'd look for slightly adjusted standard game modes (that's just me of course.). But how many actually would play those? People probably only play stupid power weapon games or infinite ammo ones or some stupid shit like Action Sack-like games.

Ya, that was my guess too.

MLG v7 - No noobs - Lvl 50 only

Uh... From the little we saw in that video, Halo 4 seems like its all AR all of the time. You might want to change your restrictions there, its not going to take 7 iterations for MLG to balance the only gun in the sandbox.

MLG v3 - Noobs - Inheritor only

zap

Custom game server browser. Believe.

It would actually be fitting for 343 to make their mark by implementing a custom game browser, after Bungie refused for years. Would be a great way to give everyone some confidence.

I really doubt that they will, MM probably won't survive well with a custom games browser present. Especially given MM's history of inadequacies thus far :/

So. Once again, those who dislike the current rotation of Forge maps in Team Slayer.

2 split, 4v4/5v5, Supports slayer, CTF/Ball/Flag support huge bonus. Anyone from ForgeGAF going to step up to the plate?

I may have something. Never set up spawns, but I could show you around and you can tell me if it's worth finishing.

o9u8X.png

Pardon the messy image. I vaguely believe to see a monitor/sentinal in these.
Mostly directly facing the player (notice bumpy edge around its one spherical eye), floating in front of him up close.
I'm even gonna make a wild guess and say it's flying away from the player to the left in the central bottom screen, with some tenticles behind it.

Risen

Knowing what I know makes some conversations so interesting from the other side.

Okay done being a douche.

I think it's awesome you got a preview and the teasing doesn't bother a bit. It makes me giggle every time I see someone have an issue with your posts.

I totally don't see you rubbing our noses in it lol.

I think it's awesome you got a preview and the teasing doesn't bother a bit. It makes me giggle every time I see someone have an issue with your posts.

This is either an ass-kissing post or secret salty sarcasm.

Good stuff regardless

Music is amazing, I see an amazing team. Still it is painful to watch because I saw the hoodie too often. Damnit!.

To be fair, it was easy to recognize because I've watched that HaloFest video a dozen times.

Hell, I lived that video. :p

You and me both, my friend. Good freaking times. <3
I love your jokes. But no one watched the video for you the second time. Everyone wants to see me. Deal with it.

Risen

My wife would probably say I bleed sarcasm when cut... but the above was one hundred percent truth.

Now that we know for sure that the AR is in Halo 4, let's hope that 343 managed to make it a weapon that is actually interesting and rewarding to use.

JuanGGZ

Banned
Okay, HaloGAF, I'm working on a little video side project (Sony Vegas practice) and I need a fancy logo to put in the corner. I'd do it myself, but I haven't had access to 3DS Max since college. I know some of you are 3D modeling wizards, so here's the dealio:

Informal Misriah Logo Contest
- Take this logo and extrude it slightly.
- Give the model a shiny surface. (Preferably something white/gray so I can change the color myself later)
- Render a video of the model slowly spinning about its vertical axis.
- Make sure the video background is a solid color (i.e. no shadow) so I can easily isolate the logo.

Prize: I will write one (1) Halo Parody Song&#8482; for you. You get to pick the song, although it really helps if I'm familiar with it.*

There can be multiple winners, depending on how many of the logos I think I'll end up using.

*Lyric quality is not guaranteed. Void where prohibited. No cash value. Canadian winners may be required to answer a mathematical skill-testing question.

-------
This is NOT for the HaloGAF montage. This is a separate super-secret project I'm working on to help hone my Sony Vegas skills before making the montage. I'm not so vain as to slap a Misriah logo on the forthcoming GAF montage.

That's what you need ?

It's cool that people here got to see stuff early. It's not cool when said people do everything they can to rub it in or make it known that they know more.

The best kept secret is one that nobody knows about.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's cool that people here got to see stuff early. It's not cool when said people do everything they can to rub it in or make it known that they know more.

I think those in HaloGAF who got to see Halo 4 have done a good job of not rubbing it in. Were you talking about some other people you know?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

Feels good bro.

Not many sleeps left.

Kibbles

I think those in HaloGAF who got to see Halo 4 have done a good job of not rubbing it in. Were you talking about some other people you know?

This. I don't mind what's been said (or rather, not said) so far, in fact I want more teasing lol it's fun to speculate. I'm in a phase right now where idc, I've already waited forever, the next few days are coming up fast. I'm just glad we know when the embargo is expiring exactly. Otherwise I'd probably be a bitch.

Tashi

This. I don't mind what's been said (or rather, not said) so far, in fact I want more teasing lol it's fun to speculate. I'm in a phase right now where idc, I've already waited forever, the next few days are coming up fast. I'm just glad we know when the embargo is expiring exactly. Otherwise I'd probably be a bitch.

I agree with this. I like the teasing. It's fun to think about it. Just wait until you guys see Tashi Ceiling. It's going to blow you guys away.

JuanGGZ

Banned
Other question: Will you guys be at GamesCom this year?

I'm currently in Germany for my work, and I just saw the date for the GamesCom 2012. Yes, we will be !

Like we made the last years, we will certainly be at the GamesCom one day before the event will be open for everyone, 15th August. See ya there ?

Tashi

What I really hope is that we get a full game footage out on Monday. I don't know if it was playable or what though :/

zap

What I really hope is that we get a full game footage out on Monday. I don't know if it was playable or what though :/

I just want to see a clip of multiplayer. I would like single player to be mostly under wraps so it is a surprise.

Spoil the hell out of multiplayer please.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Devo and Domino can tease as much as they want as far as I'm concerned. I think it's awesome. I'm slightly salty, but only cause I'm jelly, haha.

And :-( at the AR being our first glimpse at the game. Oh well. I'm sure the rest will be glorious.

I don't think anyone has inappropriately teased.
Hmm. It's tough.
Initially I'd say playable for the first time at E3, but that could be a good place for playable multiplayer so maybe they would, to spread the coverage.

I'd still say no though. Short demo of some 343'er playing something perhaps, but I'd guess no on playable.

Tashi

I don't think anyone has inappropriately teased.

Hmm. It's tough.
Initially I'd say playable for the first time at E3, but that could be a good place for playable multiplayer so maybe they would, to spread the coverage.

I'd still say no though. Short demo of some 343'er playing something perhaps, but I'd guess no on playable.

Really? So you're predicting no beta? Or maybe a really late one?

Are we guaranteed to get video from sites covering the Showcase? Or is it just what they saw? Just screen shots maybe? I'm expecting a trailer from 343 and official screen shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom