• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would too but sadly I lack the experience for any non grunt work job. I have been trying to do QA for some studios the past few years since I have been told by countless developers that its the best way to get into the industry. That or have a massive portfolio (but that is more if you are doing coding, 3D art and ect)

Your probably better off turning it into a longer term plan man. Maybe start with QA but try and pick up some software development knowledge outside of that and then try and turn towards Software Testing, which is kind of similar but but would put you more into ensuring theres no bugs with the code and stuff instead of the quality assurance role of playing the game looking for bugs.

Im probably talking out of my ass, but you may have more luck if you keep upskilling and that seems like the logical way to upskill if you want to get into that sort of area.

All I can advise you to do is flee the country. Do so. Now.

Americuh here I come! Yo Frankie, I need a job. Yo Xand I can come crash at yours right? Where was it you live again? :p

Unfortunately, the footage was of bad quality so we can't discover who this mysterious man is.

I hate you.

wwm0nkey

Your probably better off turning it into a longer term plan man. Maybe start with QA but try and pick up some software development knowledge outside of that and then try and turn towards Software Testing, which is kind of similar but but would put you more into ensuring theres no bugs with the code and stuff instead of the quality assurance role of playing the game looking for bugs.

Im probably talking out of my ass, but you may have more luck if you keep upskilling and that seems like the logical way to upskill if you want to get into that sort of area.

Idk all I know is that the past 3 years at E3 I was always told QA for 3 years would be a very good thing to have on your record when applying for game design and development because it kind of teaches you a lot of things you would need to know.

Either way I think getting a job at 343 is probably a job that will be unobtainable for me but its nice to dream :)

(I would apply for Microsoft's QA team but you need A LOT of requirements for that)

Risen

I like clean, sharp, and very open fields of vision in my HUD please... thank you. If I wanted to see a visor, I'd play 3rd person.

wwm0nkey

Interesting video.

Excellent music. Whether or not it is from Halo 4. If it is.... well, it does sound a bit like Under Cover of Night, would be very nice exploration music. If it is not from Halo 4, what is it and where i can get it?

Like bobs just posted it is from Halo 4

Okay, HaloGAF, I'm working on a little video side project (Sony Vegas practice) and I need a fancy logo to put in the corner. I'd do it myself, but I haven't had access to 3DS Max since college. I know some of you are 3D modeling wizards, so here's the dealio:

Informal Misriah Logo Contest
- Take this logo and extrude it slightly.
- Give the model a shiny surface. (Preferably something white/gray so I can change the color myself later)
- Render a video of the model slowly spinning about its vertical axis.
- Make sure the video background is a solid color (i.e. no shadow) so I can easily isolate the logo.

Prize: I will write one (1) Halo Parody Song™ for you. You get to pick the song, although it really helps if I'm familiar with it.*

There can be multiple winners, depending on how many of the logos I think I'll end up using.

*Lyric quality is not guaranteed. Void where prohibited. No cash value. Canadian winners may be required to answer a mathematical skill-testing question.

-------
This is NOT for the HaloGAF montage. This is a separate super-secret project I'm working on to help hone my Sony Vegas skills before making the montage. I'm not so vain as to slap a Misriah logo on the forthcoming GAF montage.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I like clean, sharp, and very open fields of vision in my HUD please... thank you. If I wanted to see a visor, I'd play 3rd person.

looks like we have our first thing to bitch about for halo 4 gentlemen. or is AR returning the 1st?

Woorloog

Banned
Like bobs just posted it is from Halo 4

Just read Frankie's post.
Again, excellent music. Music is what made Halo Halo, so i really hope Halo 4 continues to have as awesome music as Halos so far have been having (minus Reach, excepting some pieces). The track on the video certainly makes me feel confident about this.

Just one question... will there be any rock?

Risen

looks like we have our first thing to bitch about for halo 4 gentlemen. or is AR returning the 1st?

LOL I'm not bitching at all. No way I would form any sort of opinion off that video (or any video at this point) without playing a game. I was just responding to those that are all hyped about a grainy ass video segment that seemed to show a visor as part of the HUD.

Edit: Music was exceptional though and love the fact they cranked this out for this Friday

wwm0nkey

Just read Frankie's post.
Again, excellent music. Music is what made Halo Halo, so i really hope Halo 4 continues to have as awesome music as Halos so far have been having (minus Reach, excepting some pieces). The track on the video certainly makes me feel confident about this.

Just one question... will there be any rock?

All the butt rock you can imagine!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Has 343 made any games before? I don't see the hype.
Employee of superior high quality FPS team whose levels were particularly well designed. Mostly. He's obviously doing the kind of level design he's interested in and management feel confident that his Retro experience will translate well into MP level design!

I'm hyped to see Halo 4. I'm not sold on 343 yet.

Maybe I'm not hyped because I didn't think Metroid Prime was that great of a game. edit: Actually I played like 4-5 hours and stopped playing when I got lost :/ lol

Is that Halo 4 31 seconds in? You see the Chief step forward very a second.

1330734023272.jpg

1330734067103.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
LOL I'm not bitching at all. No way I would form any sort of opinion off that video (or any video at this point) without playing a game. I was just responding to those that are all hyped about a grainy ass video segment that seemed to show a visor as part of the HUD.

Edit: Music was exceptional though and love the fact they cranked this out for this Friday

it wasnt directed at you, more a response to haloGAF's incessant need to bitch about something ;)

and i think its pretty clearly a visor. its also been hinted at

Quick someone screencap the code shown at 0.24, so that we can make Halo 4 ourselves. We dont need you 343.

I like how much experience everyone shown in the vidoc has! It does seem like a very talented team. That doesnt automatically garuntee good game design, but it hopefully points towards good art and engineering.

Quick someone screencap the code shown at 0.24, so that we can make Halo 4 ourselves. We dont need you 343.

I like how much experience everyone shown in the vidoc has! It does seem like a very talented team. That doesnt automatically garuntee good game design, but it hopefully points towards good art and engineering.

Indeed.

id sofware, ILM, pixar, pandemic, EA, retro, rare, kojima prod., raven, bungie, valve, bioware.
dat talent.

hahaha I hate getting lost in games. Especially these days because I'll stop playing, go play Halo and then I won't come back to it for like a week hahaha
I never actually finished Metroid Prime 3 because Halo 3 came out when I was like 90% done with it. I didn't play it for a year (my xbox red ringed) and when I started it up I was so lost I gave up lol

just follow a walkthrough or something, those games are so good

Shadders

I really like the bouncing visor borders, will make the different multiplayer helmets actually feel different in play.

I bet it'll give you a better connection with Chief as well, make you feel impacts more as he rattles about.

qOUoI.png

Who wants to try to figure out what's going on in that menu? :lol

Didnt someone post Halo 4 menu screen leaks a few days ago? I remember one of the images looking similar to whats on those screens! Im probably wrong though, those images where slapped down as fakes.

EDIT: Ignore this, I found the screens I was talking about, they are blue but dont look similar other than that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom