• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? So you're predicting no beta? Or maybe a really late one?

Are we guaranteed to get video from sites covering the Showcase? Or is it just what they saw? Just screen shots maybe? I'm expecting a trailer from 343 and official screen shots.

Curious to see what we do actually get, because I have no idea.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Wait is there a new vidoc on 343i? At the Wings game atm.

It's an MS documentary enticing people to come work for MS/343i. There are monitors with what may or may not be Halo 4 footage. AR's appeared. I barfed

Computron

Mg7xp.jpg

I dont remember halo 2 looking this flat, anyone know anything I can do to spice it up?
People inject new anti-aliasing methods all the time, any way to do that with SSAO or anything like that?

feel

Not many sleeps left.
I can't believe we're finally almost there. The wait has been brutal.

Good times right now, loving all the speculation out of screens on background of videos and the general excitement on the lead up to the reveal, I missed it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Good times right now, loving all the speculation out of screens on background of videos and the general excitement on the lead up to the reveal, I missed it.
Same here. I don't know if I have the strength to stay away from HaloGAF. I love sharing hype with you guys... But damn, I'd love to go into Halo 4 blind. Even knowing about the HUD stuff kind of bums me out. Le sigh. I'm taking a huge class load next term, so that would help get my mind of things, maybe.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Devo and Domino can tease as much as they want as far as I'm concerned. I think it's awesome. I'm slightly salty, but only cause I'm jelly, haha.

And :-( at the AR being our first glimpse at the game. Oh well. I'm sure the rest will be glorious.

I pretty much agree. That's something awesome and something they should be happy about.

We only have to wait a few days to see what it is anyway, the wait isn't going to kill anybody.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

Yeah, even with blackouts, Halo's hype/speculation period has always been one of my favorite segments in any video game release cycle. I always love hearing about people's imagination of what they invision the next Halo looking like.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
My biggest wonder is on the weapon sandbox.

Will we even have covenant weapons this go around? Will it be a mix of 3 race weapons? Did chief actually sleep for hundreds of years and shit's all crazy now with laser weapons?
Halo 4's enemies won't surprise folks.

What do you mean?

I mean, I'd sure hope we see something new. (flood is expected though)

Korosenai

I dont remember halo 2 looking this flat, anyone know anything I can do to spice it up?
People inject new anti-aliasing methods all the time, any way to do that with SSAO or anything like that?

I'm not that computer savvy, so I just played Halo 2 through my console on the xbox connect. I liked the graphics just fine for the consoles.

Halo 4's enemies won't surprise folks.

I think there's certainly scope for some interesting enemies, but I get the feeling that on the whole, the enemy you face most often will be the covies again.

Cant wait till Monday, I hope we see a significant chunk of Halo 4, it would hurt if they simple show bullshots which are super vague and have no meaning without proper context. I also hope its not just campaign stuff they show, I want that to remain as dark and mysterious as possible, seeing multiplayer stuff is my dream at this stage.

Computron

I'm not that computer savvy, so I just played Halo 2 through my console on the xbox connect. I liked the graphics just fine for the consoles.

There's nothing wrong with them, but it seems like it would be relatively easy to add some small things like SSAO and some shitty HDR post processing. Nothing like Open Sauce for HPC, but more like old unreal engine games that get new renderers.

I think there's certainly scope for some interesting enemies, but I get the feeling that on the whole, the enemy you face most often will be the covies again.

10_Dream_Crusher%21.png

Just like Halo 1.

I am always disturbed by this comparison. The AR's from Halo 3 and Reach are very different from the AR and the sandbox the AR fit in. What people hate, and what we are more likely to get, is something similar to the H3 and Reach AR.

GhaleonEB

I am always disturbed by this comparison. The AR's from Halo 3 and Reach are very different from the AR and the sandbox the AR fit in. What people hate, and what we are more likely to get, is something similar to the H3 and Reach AR.

I wasn't comparing it to anything, just poking a bit of fun at knee-jerk reaction to seeing what looked to be the AR. As you said, it has had many iterations and just the fact that it exists is not enough to draw any conclusions one way or the other.

zap

That video music sounds great. It is new and different, but it still seems like it has a "Halo" feel.

The hype is getting to me.

GhaleonEB

Clever. But you know what I mean.
Any species of the Covenant that we've spent practically 5 games fighting.

Unless it's something hugely wonderful I'm missing, I'd find this rather unimpressive.

I don't expect things that populated the Halo universe to date to up and disappear. But I hope for a dramatically reset combat sandbox, and that includes the adversaries.

I wasn't comparing it to anything, just poking a bit of fun at knee-jerk reaction to seeing what looked to be the AR. As you said, it has had many iterations and just the fact that it exists is not enough to draw any conclusions one way or the other.

It's enough to incite terror!

Rule #1: Never have faith in the developer.

:p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea right, I'm canceling my pre-order as I type this.

I don't expect things that populated the Halo universe to date to up and disappear. But I hope for a dramatically reset combat sandbox, and that includes the adversaries.
I'm not saying it needs to be a permanent thing. But 1 game. 1 game. Is that really too much to ask for?
The Covenant or their components (Engineers aside) could have a really glorious return to the series in Halo 5.

I'm not saying it needs to be a permanent thing. But 1 game. 1 game. Is that really too much to ask for?
The Covenant or their components (Engineers aside) could have a really glorious return to the series in Halo 5.

I see what you're saying, I think. You want the player to feel far away and by having Covie troops as enemies, players will feel too familiar, right?

I like that idea but Elites were missed in ODST...

Well I'm hoping for some non-remake content to push up as well. And films.
I would just like to see a good version of Lockout and Warlock added to TS before Reach is done. We saw them in the Forge World ViDoc, it'd be nice to finally get them into MM.

Haha, reminds me of when I go into the Anniversary playlists and see people still using the AR. You can give those folks a 3 shot pistol and unlimited rockets yet they'll still insist on using the AR.

I'll never understand it.
Pressing that Y button is really difficult.

GhaleonEB

When the art trailer was shown, I thought it might be neat to have the Covenant absent for the first half of the game, and then some of their (disbanded) species be reintroduced as allies (such as Elites), not enemies.

Regardless of how they're handled, I'm just hoping for a big overhaul to the content (but not philosophy) of the combat sandbox. Bring back a few stars (AR, BR, Warthog, etc) and take off from there, on the human and enemy side of things.

I thought it might be neat to have the Covenant absent for the first half of the game, and then some of their (disbanded) species be reintroduced as allies (such as Elites), not enemies.
Allies, I guess I could live with, as long as it didn't feel like a "token" insertion.
I like that idea but Elites were missed in ODST...
I'd like to believe 343 can do their thing, make an enemy (or set of enemies) that be enjoyable in their own right. They should be able to get past needing the Elites as their stand out gameplay foe.

If they can't.. well that's terribly depressing.

Also: re-ODST : That a was a resources/infrastructure neccesity over-writing a canonical one, which was why Elites were missed. Plot-wise everyone expected Elites because it was set during the middle of Halo 2 on Earth. Bungie didn't want to/didn't have the time to make the Halo 3 Elites competitive AI.

Also: re-ODST : That a was a resources/infrastructure neccesity over-writing a canonical one, which was why Elites were missed. Plot-wise everyone expected Elites because it was set during the middle of Halo 2 on Earth. Bungie didn't want to/didn't have the time to make the Halo 3 Elites competitive AI.
They at least somewhat addressed this. In Buck's level there's optional dialogue when you stumble across the dead Elites and Brutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom