• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

I don't see many of you guys on the community side (lately), so I'm going to assume it's okay if I also post this here:

h82MI.jpg

Okay, this is complete guesswork, but here's my attempt at defining more of the creature's shape, based on what little we can see of it:
SlFlq.jpg

heckfu

Banned
I'm in Atlanta for the weekend and the dog chewed up my brother's plug and play cord while we were gone and my first instinct was to respond, "why you heff to be mad? it's just cord!"

Damn you Barrow and Plywood.

senador

Banned
Same here. I don't know if I have the strength to stay away from HaloGAF. I love sharing hype with you guys... But damn, I'd love to go into Halo 4 blind. Even knowing about the HUD stuff kind of bums me out. Le sigh. I'm taking a huge class load next term, so that would help get my mind of things, maybe.

For me, the ride up to it is all part of the experience and it wouldn't be the same without it. Games I pick up because I've heard are good but I haven't read about or followed are not nearly as good to me as the ones I have. Just stay in here, be a part of it, enjoy it. ;)

Seriously awesome video, the music was fantastic. I am hyped.

Halo 4? That black visor outline isn't in any of the other games...

iucIByVWvZuNh.gif
That should be really, really cool if done right. Excitement building..
The events of Halo 2 and 3 marked the end of the Covenant. ;)

I hope you are right, but man I hope it doesn't mean Flood as the main enemy, or at least the Flood as we knew them before. I loved the intelligence of the Covenant species as they spoke and interacted with each other, as sentient beings with unique personalities.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I think I find it hard to believe that with the media event and iron-clad embargoes up the yin-yang, and this...

iucIByVWvZuNh.gif

...ends up being technically our first official look at Halo 4. SMH

feel

I think I find it hard to believe that with the media event and iron-clad embargoes up the yin-yang, and this...

iucIByVWvZuNh.gif

...ends up being technically our first official look at Halo 4. SMH
I like it like this, we'll all look at that gif some day and laugh at how desperate we were. :)

I hope that AR sounds loud like on CE/CEA.

kylej

Banned
Metroid Prime-style visor reflection is cool but please make it a toggle for multiplayer if it's actually in the game. Not sure if want for donging.

I wonder if they will have different visor shapes for every helmet in multiplayer?
God I hope so, that would be amazing.

And of course, please give us a whole plethora of HUD and helmet options. Even Metroid Prime lets you turn off the helmet thing if you want.

zap

I wonder if they will have different visor shapes for every helmet in multiplayer?

That could be part of their unlock systems if so, that would be cool.

On that note, I wonder what kind of player investment system will be present in Halo 4. I mean Bungie tried, but the unlocks were way too limited and boring to be a big motivator for average players. Also hopefully the unlocks will be consistent and make sense. I mean 200k cr for a shoulder piece?

Alienups

Loving the music in that vid. The music played a large factor in me becoming a fan of the Halo franchise and it sounds like the music in Halo 4 will be just as good as in the previous entries.

Maybe even better...

You remember what happens if a bright explosion went off near samus? Her face was reflected in the visor... Think about that...

Although that would be stupid for halo.
Yeah and then you see her eyes blink but that's not reflected in your vision.

That don't make sense. /nitpicking

What? I love dress up barbie Spartans. If anything they should expand it beyond the meagre offering in Reach and go crazy.

If it doesn't impact gameplay, why oppose it?
Me too, it's great. They should take it a step further IMO. Stop tying things like robot arms to chest pieces, let us create our own combination of helmets and upgrades instead of presets, make all those grenade belts optional, let us choose which arm or leg to put attachments on, etc.

feel

You remember what happens if a bright explosion went off near samus? Her face was reflected in the visor... Think about that...

Although that would be stupid for halo.
I think they were talking about the dark helmet shape surrounding the visor. Samus' occasional reflection is an amazing touch in Prime but it can't work in Halo specially when it's the Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom