• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

lol, that kid in the gaming thread is obviously trolling (not even in a funny way!) and he got all of you to bite and respond! For shame!

ElRenoRaven

lol, that kid in the gaming thread is obviously trolling (not even in a funny way!) and he got all of you to bite and respond! For shame!

Oh no we knew he was fishing. But little does he realize everyone's getting a laugh because we know what is going to happen.

Overdoziz

Banned
http://halogaf.com/pics/

ken_feelbro.png

Havok

Doesn't give me a Halo vibe at all.
Definitely agree, was just thinking of the same thing. Sounded like it would have fit in with any action movie soundtrack, while none of the tracks from the other games would.

My roommate heard it from across the room and didn't know what it was because it 'didn't feel like Halo.'

Taking a wait and see approach with this one, I think. Might just be this specific track I'm not a fan of. But I do think this is probably the area that is the biggest risk. The music sets the tone for this series in a way that no other game soundtrack has for me.

I get Halo mixed with Uncharted, which I'm a fan of both. Maybe it's just me.

Reminds me of some of the Lord of the Rings music.
Yeah it doesn't give me a complete Halo vibe, but it still sounds epic and I can imagine it fitting in with Halo.

And its pretty much the same part over and over again, I think its just a small clip from a larger song.

ElRenoRaven

Doesn't give me a Halo vibe at all.

Yea can't say I'm digging it either. I really hope the stuff on Monday turns my outlook for the game around because so far I've not liked anything I've heard or seen. I'm still holding out hope though since we've seen and heard so little.

feel

I get Halo mixed with Uncharted, which I'm a fan of both. Maybe it's just me.
Yes! I was thinking the same.

And just like Uncharted music, it's really really really good, but not quite Halo good, which is fine because with losing Marty, things could've turned out worse.

edit-
Holy shit at Steam Box if true.

Blinding

I think it could fit in with the game depending on the encounter we experience it with.

Pretty much what I was thinking, it doesn't give off that Halo vibe but it seems like it was certainly made with an event or experience in mind that probably plays a huge role in it's reception.

Computron

...because it doesn't effect gameplay and all of the seperate armor pieces need to be loaded into only 512 mb of RAM.

Not really, since they can use modular armor pieces like they did with the forge piece sets. Even then, they only have to account for a maximum of 16 players worth of possible permutations on screen at any given moment and they have texture streaming. It wouldn't be that big of a stretch to add tons of armor permutations because past a certain point it wont take any more memory at run time.

They could do it, which is the annoying part, since I still think they shouldn't. They could spend their time on things with a bigger impact.

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
I know there's been speculation that Neil Davidge might be the composer for Halo 4, but that cleaned up track gives me a Harry Gregson-Williams vibe. It wouldn't surprise me if it were true, seeing how Tojima worked with him while he was at KojiPro, so there could be an acquaintance there.

Not really, since they can use modular armor pieces like they did with the forge piece sets. Even then, they only have to account for a maximum of 16 players worth of possible permutations on screen at any given moment and they have texture streaming. It wouldn't be that big of a stretch to add tons of armor permutations because past a certain point it wont take any more memory at run time.

They could do it, which is the annoying part, since I still think they shouldn't. They could spend their time on things with a bigger impact.

It would be a huge surprise if they didn't have armor customization in the game.
There was a variation of it in Halo 3, ODST, and Reach.

It is at the point where you should expect it.
They obviously have technology in place already to accomodate the different armor choices.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I like the new music. Excited to hear more. And you better fucking believe the menu theme will be Monks

That is what I was thinking too, might be a larger FOV?

Doesn't it look like the guy playing is pressing the left trigger, but his character never throws a grenade?

iucIByVWvZuNh.gif

Also way too much blue. That's what milking dat 'chise gets you.

That object on the screen is way too round too. Might want to square it out a bit.

About the Halo 4 thread: I hope a new thread is made for the new Halo 4 information that's coming. That thread has way too much baggage.

Also: Steam for consoles? Hey, Valve, you might want to package that with a game...you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom