• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
And people still gobble up that crap :(

I would hope they never gobbled it up. Unfortunately marketing people will never stop. :(

Huh? What's Reach?

Im not sure, I am already forgetting, but I think its some crap a lot of people gobbled up in Halo's absence, the king was gone far too long.

Maybe now is the time to decide what the next title for the OT will be since after tomorrow, it'll be all about Halo 4.

I'd like something that shows Halo 4 is coming or something like that. I'm not good with names :p

Halo 4 |OT| Do people still gobble up this crap.

Maybe now is the time to decide what the next title for the OT will be since after tomorrow, it'll be all about Halo 4.

I'd like something that shows Halo 4 is coming or something like that. I'm not good with names :p

The ironic part is, by pointing that out he's illustrating the point. Bungie tried Invasion with Halo 3, realized they couldn't support it, and scrapped it. They did the same thing in Reach but didn't abort, and the results speak for themselves.

Invasion has been attempted in every game since Halo 2. Here is the Sandtrap postmortem which talks about the extra parts of it that were intended for it. Invasion is one of the gametypes in the Halo 2 Beta that's floating around (along with Headhunter) but you can't actually start it. Zanzibar was the main Invasion map there, E3 2004's Spartans vs Elites gameplay was an early prototype of Invasion. I'm still looking for where the discussion on Zanzibar Invasion went on Bungie's site.

I think it speaks volumes that Bungie were attempting it in two AAA games, Halo 2 and 3, and eventually didn't include it. It's redolent of a highly successful pop artist who 'always wanted to do a rock/rap album'. When they become successful enough to have the leverage with the record company to finally record the album, the results are always terrible.

Bungie knew Reach was to be their last Halo game. It was their last chance to put Invasion on the stage. But at what cost?
BTB

While the remotest possibility of Invasion remains on the table for Halo 4? Nah man.

CyReN

Halo l OT2 l Officially milking it

cBk32.png

cB9BQ.jpg

Just saying.

I think it speaks volumes that Bungie were attempting it in two AAA games, Halo 2 and 3, and eventually didn't include it. It's redolent of a highly successful pop artist who 'always wanted to do a rock/rap album'. When they become successful enough to have the leverage with the record company to finally record the album, the results are always terrible.
*sigh*

I don't agree with Fyrewulff. BUT, they tried to include it each time because they obviously believed in it and believed they could get it right eventually. Much of Halo 2-Reach is ideas that they wanted to do in the previous game but couldn't and eventually cut.

Also, your musician analogy is a fallacy, fyi.

Just saying.
He is being sarcastic..

*sigh*

I don't agree with Fyrewulff. BUT, they tried to include it each time because they obviously believed in it and believed they could get it right eventually. Much of Halo 2-Reach is ideas that they wanted to do in the previous game but couldn't and eventually cut.

Also, your musician analogy is a fallacy, fyi.

He is being sarcastic..

Ye mad.

Was the Santrap postmortem the only one we got about a map? Would love to read more.

Yea that was pretty interesting. I seem to recall a similar article on Guardian and The Pit as well.

neoism

Yeah that was nice, thanks everyone for hanging out.

Managed to do several seemingly impossible ones today, only have one left to do now, the 3 kills as a zombie Anniversary one.

is8ITu1RBesOi.JPG

iVEU75KvYQCka.JPG

Got credit banned though. That hurts.. :( :( :(

yeah I only got one left too.... feels bad. :(

Thanks, Fyre. I'll read these again. Too bad we never got one about Valhalla or Avalanche, etc.

I like the second one.
Some context for those who don't know. This'll be the first Halo OT in a while where we'll have some news to discuss about Halo 4. "Howling dark" is from Lord Hood's speech at the end of Halo 3. Halo 4 starts where Halo 3 left off.

Halo – Tribute.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Halo l OT2 l Is anyone still out there?

Halo l OT2 l "...so much of me is wrong"

Halo l OT2 l Time has taught me patience!

Halo l OT2 l Is anyone still out there?

Halo l OT2 l "...so much of me is wrong"

Halo l OT2 l Time has taught me patience!

I love this one. Bonus points for "...but I will know all that I posess!"

Halo |OT2| Serious Business

Halo |OT2| Someone, anyone, respond!

Halo |OT2| Frank beats everything!

Halo |OT2| of Waking Up John, Buffing Codpieces and Suit Adaption

Halo |OT2| Yu Better Believe It Looks Good!

Halo |OT| Return from the Howling Dark

I like this.

Question guys, with Megalo is it possible to write gametypes that end themselves when it becomes mathematically impossible to win like in oddball and king?

And would it also be possible to write one that ends games with MLG's flag rules at tournaments? If you dont know what that is, in MLG's flag gametypes they run 30 minutes but if the game isnt tied or a team losing by only 1 point gets the enemy flag out of their base, the game ends at the 15 minute mark.

Quoted on new page in hopes of getting an answer :/

FyreWulff

I like these.

Quoted on new page in hopes of getting an answer :/

Depending on the available variables they can. The only gametype that prevents lame duck rounds from happening in matchmaking is Grifball, which will end once a team gets 3 wins instead of having to play all 5 rounds. I have no idea why it's not in every other gametype that could use it, especially 1 Flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom