• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
I had a dream about Halo 3 last night, and after I woke up I literally laid there for 15 minutes thinking about how I miss equipment. When everyone was playing the game it was always taken for granted, but I think it took armor abilities to realize how special equipment was and how fun and balanced it could be.

Me, i'd love to have equipment back. They need some serious rebalancing but the concept was excellent and fit Halo very well. Better than dual wielding (another great concept but bad execution, though admittedly this one is hard to do well).
The trip mine in Rat's Nest was awesome... i flipped Warthogs from the exterior road twice once in a game, each one was a double kill. My friend bounced a plasma grenade behind him from a bubble shield, eliminating a chaser. They allowed such awesome moments... The flare was very interesting, very nice counter against long range weapons or covering approach. The power drainer was super useful in general. The regenerator was OP though.

I played around with the Elite armor colors, toned down the saturation a bit, clipped off that (imo unecessary) "wing" coming out of the Elite Ranger's jetpack, and slapped them on another concept art background. How would you guys mind fighting these ones at some point? They're on Anchor Nine because Forerunner Crystals™
i couldn't find any decent concept art of Covenant scenery that would work in my bookmarks

eJF42.jpg

The reason the quality took a massive downgrade on one or two of them is because they had "textures" (a whole bunch of jaggy grain), and changing their colors/resizing them didn't really help.

Please name a map in Halo 4 Hamsterdam. Please.

Invasion map featuring Hamster Spartans defending against Elite kittens, weapon drops including things like berries and sticks. Heavy weaponry includes Gerbils and Guinea Pigs on Hamster side, Feral Cats and Hawks on the kitten side. Believe.

In honor of Halo 4 being shown tomorrow, I'm gonna play through Halo 3 tonight with Monsterfracas. Gonna be awesome. Hopefully we finish it though, because we're not gonna be able to start until later tonight

TheOddOne

Invasion map featuring Hamster Spartans defending against Elite kittens, weapon drops including things like berries and sticks. Heavy weaponry includes Gerbils and Guinea Pigs on Hamster side, Feral Cats and Hawks on the kitten side. Believe.
I think 343 can put some resources into a iOS game. Hell start a kickstarter project and I'll pay to see it come true.

I'm getting a kick out of a few people on here saying they're going play some Halo 3 before the news tomorrow.

Why not wait before launch? :p That's my plan. I dunno if I'll play through the entire series, but it's guaranteed I'll be playing at least Halo 3.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I'm getting a kick out of a few people on here saying they're going play some Halo 3 before the news tomorrow.

Why not wait before launch? :p That's my plan. I dunno if I'll play through the entire series, but it's guaranteed I'll be playing at least Halo 3.

I jumped straight into Halo 3 when I got home from you know what.

u mad?

zap

When going back to Halo 3 campaign co-op, it seems to feel better than Reach co-op netcode. Is there any reason for this, or am I just imagining things?

*looks at Halo 3 on-disc BTB maps, a game without invasion*

Oh hey, Valhalla and Sandtrap. And uh.. I guess Last Resort. If you can get it to show up and not have it vetoed away for Valhalla.

*looks at Halo 3 BTB support in DLC*

Standoff, Rat's Nest, Avalanche, Sandbox, Longshore, and Citadel. Sure, I'll play BTB now. Especially since everyone has a disc with all the maps on it now.

I know this is pages old, but uh... Really? Citadel was a 2v2-4v4 map.

I dunno about the whole host record and choosing of host.

Last night we got a party together (Me Xeno Ghaleon Devo Neoism Hyper jelyK Dani) and played BTB we played the laggiest game ever on Headlong and then Ridgeline halfway through Hypertrooper got disconnected went black screen gave me host. Everyone had full green bar.

Now because it went black screen and Hyper got booted I assume he had host but why would it give host to him or this person that made everybody red bar and not me?

I don't mean to bitch about NOT GETTING HOST, but this is for everyones good. I deserve it, I have a fucking great connection. I limit the upload download to all my other computers and phones to such low speeds and never torrent while gaming. I have more than enough bandwidth and I'm from US playing with a ton of other US players in our party. Yet it gives host to Germany Hyper? (Right Germany? Not sure)

We were all bitching all game to switch host, rubberband jumping, walking, vehicling through a very frustrating game and a half in BTB. Yet it didn't switch host.

What the fuck happened, can some network guru explain that shit?

Im VERY happy!

I mean you could just be talking from a story standpoint, but if I see gameplay reminiscent of the original trilogy tomorrow I will be SO happy.

What domino means by that is that Halo 4 reminded him of bad netcode and bad player feedback, and awesome AR rushes. :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
yeah host has been really weird recently. I don't get one game without multiple black screens anymore.
Glad I'm not the only one who has been feeling this way the past couple days. The host switching and bad connections has really ramped up lately.

Furthermore I'm constantly donging on scrubs in Objective who proceed to quit and gimme black screen and a host change. Why are these bad kids who quit all the time getting host?

Give it to someone with a low quit record (I've probably quit 25 games out of 5600)

What domino means by that is that Halo 4 reminded him of bad netcode and bad player feedback, and awesome AR rushes. :p

Slang these days. I know bad can be construed as good, but I never realised awesome had negative connotations until now.

Weird.

Either way Domino's post has me very excited.

Yo Elzar, if you want to see how excited, check your pm's.

Furthermore I'm constantly donging on scrubs in Objective who proceed to quit and gimme black screen and a host change. Why are these bad kids who quit all the time getting host?

Give it to someone with a low quit record (I've probably quit 25 games out of 5600)
and then it gives host to the other team again, and then goes black screen when they continue to quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom