• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBig

I haven't been following the Halo 4 stuff, is there actual footage or talk on it tomorrow?

Also theres still 2000 posts till the next OT guys...

I know. I was making a funny. Or trying to.
I noticed and smirked. I wanted to add "But you know that already".

I haven't been following the Halo 4 stuff, is there actual footage or talk on it tomorrow?

We know nothing specific. Microsoft/343i showed the press the singleplayer and the multiplayer but we don't know if we get any video footage.

Out of interest is anyone doing a nice write up of what information comes out? I can imagine coming home to a stupid amount of posts, no way I will be able to browse through it all while trying to get to the Halo meat.

Any chance the main links can go up in the first post?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Out of interest is anyone doing a nice write up of what information comes out? I can imagine coming home to a stupid amount of posts, no way I will be able to browse through it all while trying to get to the Halo meat.

FUD will be hosting a hub. =)

Dani's putting it all up on FUD. Edit: ^ there you go.

Just unlocked 'Don't Touch That!', my final achievement from the newest Defiant achievements yesterday. If Reach is going to receive any more new achievements, 343i please make them possible within a reasonable span of games. I do not want to go through the torment of unlocking 'All Alone' ever again.

Computron

Halo |OT2| MILK

Halo |OT2| Now on Sega!

Halo |OT2| Now with more really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like!

GhaleonEB

I'm actually glad that 'leak' isn't happening. A coordinated media explosion in a few hours will be much more fun.

I'm going to annoy my wife and have the alarm set half an hour early just so I can stagger up for it. :lol

Karl2177

Just unlocked 'Don't Touch That!', my final achievement from the newest Defiant achievements yesterday. If Reach is going to receive any more new achievements, 343i please make them possible within a reasonable span of games. I do not want to go through the torment of unlocking 'All Alone' ever again.

Nice avy! And "Don't Touch That!" is my last achievement in this game. I would love to get another party together today to do it.

I'm actually glad that 'leak' isn't happening. A coordinated media explosion in a few hours will be much more fun.

I'm going to annoy my wife and have the alarm set half an hour early just so I can stagger up for it. :lol

Tomorrow shall be a great day, I'll my
I came buckets
medal for the ready after we see some neat H4 footage.

totally agree. everything coming at once is much more exciting, especially when leaks usually come from sources who aren't exactly interested in providing context to the stuff they are leaking.

I hope Devo writes a write-up. I don't know if she is allowed to or even wants to do it. But if she does, I think it will be the best "preview" of the game.

What time is the embargo up? I'm out all day until 5PM GMT.

I didn't know about this. Although Reach has all those Wire character names in it.
2PM GMT.

Yeah normally I get up at 7:30 on Monday's, but setting at alarm for 6 tomorrow.

Going through a lot of Halo concept art for inspiration on a pet project of mine and came across this:
ih_elite+ranger01.jpg

Damn, just imagine if you had to fight some of these in Reach. They just seem so much more alien and menacing.

Ken

Going through a lot of Halo concept art for inspiration on a pet project of mine and came across this:
EDIT: Linked to avoid page stretch

Damn, just imagine if you had to fight some of these in Reach. They just seem so much more alien and menacing.

They look like the Covenant Power Rangers, but yeah, it would be pretty cool if Noble Team had to fight that team of Elites and traded kills. Would be much better than just random Zealots.

Computron

you can quote an image and it will shrink unless someone clicks and holds their mouse on it.

like this:

Click and hold the picture to expand!

ih_elite+ranger01.jpg

Favorite so far:

Halo |OT2| Someone, anyone, respond!

They look like the Covenant Power Rangers, but yeah, it would be pretty cool if Noble Team had to fight that team of Elites and traded kills. Would be much better than just random Zealots.

:lol agreed, with muted, more Reach-ified color palettes and given at least some back story (whether they're some weird strike force or individual ranks or whatever) they'd definitely be interesting enemies.

Valhalla concept art. The base design changed quite a bit from the picture.

valhalla-outside.jpg

If Valhalla returns I hope it ends up closer to its earlier art concepts. I particularly liked the one that depicted it dark and snowy... Just imagining that lake as a glacial lake..mmmm

They look a bit cheesy in that art style, but I do agree they were more interesting than some of the ones we ended up with. They kinda remind me of the more interesting Halo 2 Elites in a way.

Almost seems like they were designed to represent different armour abilities, the one with wings would clearly be Jetpack, one with shield could be armour lock. If armour was a big indicator as to which ability enemies had, AA's wouldnt suck as much. They would still suck, but armour identity would alleviate some problems.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I had a dream about Halo 3 last night, and after I woke up I literally laid there for 15 minutes thinking about how I miss equipment. When everyone was playing the game it was always taken for granted, but I think it took armor abilities to realize how special equipment was and how fun and balanced it could be.

If we see Halo 4 MP footage and it's set in some new, snowy take on Valhalla called, I don't know, 'Asgard', or 'Ragnarok' or something, and someone's waving a bloomless rifle of some kind around, I swear I just might cry.

CyReN

I just want some good Halo 4 wallpapers, don't really like the current ones out with the ship and forerunner thing.

kylej

Banned
I had a dream about Halo 3 last night, and after I woke up I literally laid there for 15 minutes thinking about how I miss equipment. When everyone was playing the game it was always taken for granted, but I think it took armor abilities to realize how special equipment was and how fun and balanced it could be.

bee.gif

WSCL1_K_INFBLUE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom