• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the games we had yesterday I ran the same ground like 5 times over. I actually started to get sick. And the host wouldn't fucking change.

FyreWulff

wait.... what? since how?

On March 31st, Bungie.net will be cut off from Reach servers and statistics feed for all previous games. You won't be able to do anything that requires Bungie.net, like change your nameplate in Reach or unlock Recon in 3.

So even though you'll be able to unlock 7 on the 7th after March 7th, it's purpose (unlocking Recon) is no longer available.

On March 31st, Bungie.net will be cut off from Reach servers and statistics feed for all previous games. You won't be able to do anything that requires Bungie.net, like change your nameplate in Reach or unlock Recon in 3.

I wonder if Recon will shut off on that date. It seems like my Spartan defaults if im offline. I wonder if it checks against Bungie's servers to authenticate? That also seems pretty unlikely lol.

Dude, why would I send your nudes back to you? I said I was sending you pics of how excited I was!

I never got the ODST achievements. Looks like no recon for me :(

FyreWulff

I wonder if Recon will shut off on that date. It seems like my Spartan defaults if im offline. I wonder if it checks against Bungie's servers to authenticate? That also seems pretty unlikely lol.

Halo 3's recon does authenticate against LIVE to unlock, so if it's there now it SHOULD be there after the transition.. but you never know. It'd be hilarious and awesome if they sent it off by unlocking the Flames for everyone in 3 (and as a result, everyone in 3 would have the Bungie nameplate)

I never got the ODST achievements. Looks like no recon for me :(

The only time sensitive one is 7 on the 7th in 3 days. The other ones can be unlocked at any time before the 31st. Which ones do you need?

blamite

Halo 3's recon does authenticate against LIVE to unlock, so if it's there now it SHOULD be there after the transition.. but you never know. It'd be hilarious and awesome if they sent it off by unlocking the Flames for everyone in 3 (and as a result, everyone in 3 would have the Bungie nameplate)

The only time sensitive one is 7 on the 7th in 3 days. The other ones can be unlocked at any time before the 31st. Which ones do you need?
I think 7 on the 7th can be unlocked any time if you change your 360's clock. Unless that was fixed at some point?

You know, I would love to play through Halo 3 again before tomorrow, but my disc will read single player maps literally 1/30 tries. Is there any way to fix this bug? Basically all of my friends have the same problem :/

It would be a nice gesture, but would make the game even more laggy than it already is lol!

You know, I would love to play through Halo 3 again before tomorrow, but my disc will read single player maps literally 1/30 tries. Is there any way to fix this bug? Basically all of my friends have the same problem :/

Maybe install it? If its not working because of scratches then its possible it will fail to install though. Could be worth installing someone elses copy just so your CD lets it play.

Woorloog

Banned

Tried installing the game? That slows down loading times but if it fixes the issue...

Endure for sure. The one where you go through the zoo or something too. Maybe another. Do you need the perfection one in Halo 3?

Tried installing the game? That slows down loading times but if it fixes the issue...
I've tried installing it before, but that didn't work either. I don't have access to another disk. It's not because of scratches either, because I get the same problem with other disks anyway. It's really weird. I'll just keep trying!

Somebody asked earlier in this thread if it was possible to kill someone with a Needler without supercombining.

It is. I just did it. Also, the best way to start out a game is to grab a Needler and get three kills in a row. :)

Woorloog

Banned
I've never had this problem with any other game, though. Perhaps I played so much Halo 3 that my disk drive started hating it? Lol

Assume so as you said:
It's not because of scratches either, because I get the same problem with other disks anyway.
But you probably meant "other Halo 3 discs" right?

Have you cleared cache, deleted DLC (and redownloaded if must) and/or all the other standard stuff?

W00t! It's already 5th here *faints*

Been 5th here a bit over one hour.

FyreWulff

Endure for sure. The one where you go through the zoo or something too. Maybe another. Do you need the perfection one in Halo 3?

I'm up for doing Endure sometime this week. The no-shots-fired one is easy, just a bit of luck at the end, but you have to do it yourself.

I wouldn't put too much effort into that challenge.

Vague statement is vague. Not enough data to suspend 7 on 7th Halo 3 night.

Dat reach matchmaking in action.

1330902647096.jpg

GhaleonEB

After 2,582 games of Firefight, I have the Gold Perfectionist Commendation, for clearing 2,000 rounds of Firefight without dying.

Onyx is 5,000. I'm thinking it's not happening.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm up for doing Endure sometime this week. The no-shots-fired one is easy, just a bit of luck at the end, but you have to do it yourself.

Vague statement is vague. Not enough data to suspend 7 on 7th Halo 3 night.

Oh by all means go for the challenge and the meetup.. Just don't expend all the effort for Recon.

Woorloog

Banned
Or turned off for everyone at the stroke of midnight. And turned into a pumpkin.

I tend to be called pessimist (at least others used to call me pessimist), i call myself a realist but everybody elses comments IRL and in Internet clearly show i'm an optimist. Probably too much so...

Curious how many people would come out crying if Recon was turned off.

It's Halo 3, not a big deal really... though that'd be disappointing. Getting the VidMasters took a lot of work.

I'm betting Recon will be unlocked for all regardless whether they have VidMasters or not.

I get the feeling it will be the other way round.

Curious how many people would come out crying if Recon was turned off.

Theres a whole bunch of people going for the vidmasters before it turns off so I could imagine those guys being pretty upset lol.

Havok

I would pay good money for a title update that fixed whatever Forge save bug is plaguing me right now. Duplicating maps under other maps' names, or not saving at all. Fortunately I save to the cloud frequently, or I'd be really screwed right now. Frustrating that this hits now that I have a reason to finish up one of these maps.

It would appear so.
Reach_947096_Medium.jpg

Reach needed more moments like this. It made me sad that our fellow Spartans didn't assassinate the Covenant during gameplay when they had the chance. It would have been really cool to play and occasionally see Carter and the others actually acting like a Spartan.

Its a hint guys.

Recon is probably going to be retired?

Hm, I took it that Recon may just be unlocked for all? Who knows though..

Reach needed more moments like this. It made me sad that our fellow Spartans didn't assassinate the Covenant during gameplay when they had the chance. It would have been really cool to play and occasionally see Carter and the others actually acting like a Spartan.

That scene is easily one of the best moments of the campaign. So good.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom