• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual weildable Jackal shields! Make it happen!

I've always wanted a jackal shield to be usable..

What if when you went to shoulder ram someone, it activated a shield on the right arm of some sorts, or as a balance, it diverted more of your shields to that side, and you lost some shields when you hit them?

Retro

Dual weildable Jackal shields! Make it happen!

Dual Wield BRs, baby.
39062008_cool_gif.gif

What if when you went to shoulder ram someone, it activated a shield on the right arm of some sorts, or as a balance, it diverted more of your shields to that side, and you lost some shields when you hit them?

That actually make some sense, since it has the potential to really screw whoever you're ramming into up. I mean, I'm not 343, but I would try it and, if it proved to be too powerful in testing, tack on some amount of shield loss, just because you're slamming yourself into an enemy.

I'll add it to my post, for what it's worth.

That actually make some sense, since it has the potential to really screw whoever you're ramming into up. I mean, I'm not 343, but I would try it and, if it proved to be too powerful in testing, tack on some amount of shield loss, just because you're slamming yourself into an enemy.

I'll add it to my post, for what it's worth.

Thanks, it would mean you could dash like that, and if you dashed into someone or something, you could get hurt... better make that just someone :p

FyreWulff

OMG first that leaked Halo 4 shot and now this, what an awesome day.

Know what would make my day awesome?

If 343 could ship a CTF and Assault gametype with Invasion style spawning. In Vanilla,TU and ZB flavors.

There's this map I want to make and I just need the ability for people to spawn on an object in a CTF game without having to use the Invasion gametype.

stephen08

That maybe the case but in many peoples mind including a great number of the hardcore crowd Halo 2 was the best playing of the series. A halo 2 clone without any of the glitches and in HD is for many an ideal halo. Ideally thats how id like halo 4 to be, Sure add some form of equipment to it but keep the things from H2 that people loved like the jump hight, movement speed and kill times.

Even discounting the glitches there were a good number of things just broken with Halo 2. Off the top of my head:

- SMG only starts
- Energy Sword's infinite ammo/no cooldown thrust
- PP/BR combo's effectiveness
- Auto Aim for sniper/BR

Now sure, you can adjust these things but now we are getting a little bit revisionist about things. What Halo 4 should (and ultimately will) be is a conglomeration of previous ideas in there series that worked well, omitted ideas that didn't work well, and some brand new ideas to move the series forward.

That's how every Halo game has been up until now. Stuff will make it in from CE, 2, 3 and Reach. Stuff from those games will also be left by the wayside. Saying it should be HD Halo 2 without glitches is myopic to say the least.

The good news though is I think you will definitely get your much wanted HD Halo 2 remake/port at some point. I know I would love it despite 2 being my least favorite MP in the series.

blamite

..... I feel a little sad at how quickly I recognized that it was Kakariko Village. Fuck, all of those tin cups, imagine if Forge actually had terrain editing... mmm.

I'm kind of depressed it had to be pointed out to me. I blame it on the fact that that image contains exactly two colors.

wwm0nkey

I vote everyone installs Halo Custom Edition and we install this map and have a massive CTF match.

17screenshot00-66.jpg

(For those not familiar with this map, yes its the ENTIRE over world from The Legend of Zelda OOT)

blamite

I vote everyone installs Halo Custom Edition and we install this map and have a massive CTF match.

17screenshot00-66.jpg

(For those not familiar with this map, yes its the ENTIRE over world from The Legend of Zelda OOT)
Is this the version where all the player models are Link, Epona is a drivable vehicle, and guns and grenades are replaced by bows and bombs?

Oh shit, I just remembered the Metroid Prime mod that I saw some videos of while it was in development. I wonder if anything ever came of that.

wwm0nkey

Is this the version where all the player models are Link, Epona is a drivable vehicle, and guns and grenades are replaced by bows and bombs?

Oh shit, I just remembered the Metroid Prime mod that I saw some videos of while it was in development. I wonder if anything ever came of that.

Yep thats the one. they even changed the HUD to a Zelda theme :)

They finished the metroid map a long time ago

Hey all, wouldn't mind joining in when people play if that's okay.

I recently got Halo Anniversary (love that classic playlist) but have Reach/3 too - need to test out my XBL connection though as during my weekday home I get slow downloads/stuff :[

Oh, GT same as my name on here - feel free to add me up.

Woorloog

Banned
Now a Battlefield esque HALO title wouldnt be bad. IMO.

That is what i'm expecting from Halo series.
64 players, a battlefield set on surface of a Halo.
Fly a squad behind the enemy lines with a Pelican, get in a dog fight with a Phantom, bail out above the enemy base and steal a tank, push on to a capture point, kill all the Covies guarding it and capture it. Covenant classes could be different species, humans could have Marines, ODSTs, Spartan-3s (in SPI) at least.

That is what i'm expecting from Halo series.
64 players, a battlefield set on surface of a Halo.
Fly a squad behind the enemy lines with a Pelican, get in a dog fight with a Phantom, bail out above the enemy base and steal a tank, push on to a capture point, kill all the Covies guarding it and capture it. Covenant classes could be different species, humans could have Marines, ODSTs, Spartan-3s (in SPI) at least.

Or a battlefront system, where it rewards teams with 'heroes', hard players to take down like MC, Arbiter etc

PooBone

Been lurking on here for the last couple months or so. Nothing much to say since Anniversary came out. But I updated my avatar to my actual pic to fall in line w/ all the other cool kids. This toy thing should be cool, not too excited about it though. If they show a new vehicle as a toy then it will cause some discussion but really I'm waiting for a new trailer or something.

Myyke

Neo Member
Would it play like BF3? Because that game played terribly.

As my main haunt outside of Halo, I have to say that BF3 has the best gunplay and movement model I've experienced in a "realistic" FPS. Its so good I'm pretty much addicted to TDM in BF3, much to Elzar's dismay (but we all know he has no taste anyway).

As my main haunt outside of Halo, I have to say that BF3 has the best gunplay and movement model I've experienced in a "realistic" FPS. Its so good I'm pretty much addicted to TDM in BF3, much to Elzar's dismay.

You play the one gamemode that battlefield should never have been designed for, the most.

You sicken me, also seeming as we're talking about BF3, BC2>BF3.

Also how wold you know about gunplay? You spend most of your time terrorising people in that damn toy helicopter of yours!

heckfu

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA So you played the BETA?

The game currently runs great! My personal favorite online multiplayer since Halo 2.

Oh, no, I bought the game. It just didn't sit well with me and I gave it away on here. Maybe I'm just a homer for the halo mechanics but BF3 got my vote for worst game of the year (that I purchased, Barbie's Horse Adventure notwithstanding).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
My beef with Evade is that it's used less for evading things and more for sprinting.

I'd like it much more if you had a slight stun penalty to movement after every use. You can still look around and fire, but your walk speed is cut down to 25% for a brief second.

So dodge that grenade, but you better be prepared to hold your ground at the end of your roll.

If you grab a sword and evade in the direction of another player you better hope to be within range after the first leap (you can't evade a second time until the movement penalty wears off).

(Of course, if Evade was Elite-only this wouldn't be an issue.)

what if evade was every direction EXCEPT forward? this would automatically change it from the sprint forward it is usually used as to a defensive escape as, i'd imagine, it was intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom