• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Chief is a bitch, hope he gets a bullet to the face and dies halfway through.

I wanna play as Cortana so I can get 3rd person view of ass when holding turrets.

Hire Juices!

This is the big chief/cortana comeback people have been expecting for 5 years, it would suck if the game was not all about them. Would be ok with them mixing things up in Halo 5.

Halo 2 was the long awaited sequel to a hugely successful game, Remember when The Arbiter started up for the first time and the entire world did a huge lulwut?

What if 343 pull a halo 2.

Part of the game is playing as chief in some derelict dyson sphere with flood/forerunner/precursor w.e roaming about and part of the game is back with the UNSC and the Covies exploring that side of the universe and the elite civil war.

You play as a spartan from ONI or Fred or a spartan 3

Halo 4 ends with chief getting back to earth somehow and then halo 5 and 6 are just chief.

I wouldn't mind them introducing a new character this way, even if the segments are few and short to show what is happening elsewhere and how things will come to be. Hell, imagine if the game opened with a different character for a prologue of sorts. Some people may be pissed, but if done right it could make a really cool narrative.

What if Halo 4 took a God of War approach with the bosses? Not necessarily in the QTE, heavily puzzle-based bosses sort of way (though feel free to discuss that too), but as far as the enemy itself goes. What if Halo 4 pulled a Halo 2 and had you separately seeing the story of Chief and
the Didact
. Later into the game, more and more plot holes get wrapped up and their stories get closer and closer to coming full circle--Chief making his way around the planet and defeating Forerunner relics, learning more about their past and in the later missions using old/weathered versions of
the Didact
's own weapons during the Forerunner-Flood war,
Didact's transition to stasis and then eventual reawakening upon Chief's entry
, and finally climaxing in the final boss: Chief versus
the Didact
himself. I can see Halo 4 being largely self-contained, just like Combat Evolved for some reason, and then 5 and 6 could just start focusing on crazier and crazier insights into Forerunner/Precursor culture and any insane bosses that would push the hardware.

Halo 2 was the long awaited sequel to a hugely successful game, Remember when The Arbiter started up for the first time and the entire world did a huge lulwut?
Turned out to be a mis-handled marketing strategy. They (probably) won't make the same mistake again. Expect it later though.

What could be awesome in Halo 4 is to play as another character for a single level/dramatic moment. Lots of potential there.

Turned out to be a mis-handled marketing strategy. They (probably) won't make the same mistake again. Expect it later though.

What could be awesome in Halo 4 is to play as another character for a single level/dramatic moment. Lots of potential there.

I want to play as the only trained Sabre pilot the UNSC has!

Can you elaborate on what you mean at the bolded?

Ninja Raiden or Rose's bitch Raiden?

raiden-2.jpg

Too Relevant

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
What if 343 pull a halo 2.

Part of the game is playing as chief in some derelict dyson sphere with flood/forerunner/precursor w.e roaming about and part of the game is back with the UNSC and the Covies exploring that side of the universe and the elite civil war.

You play as a spartan from ONI or Fred or a spartan 3

Halo 4 ends with chief getting back to earth somehow and then halo 5 and 6 are just chief.

I loved playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2 and would gladly play him again.

That was like 99% fan conjecture, sorry, I need to lay off the Forward Unto Dawn. Just in case, I spoilered the only real questionable thing(s) about it.

Haha oh wow lol. I saw a few terms in there that were too familiar and wasn't sure what to think :p Hence the whats.

TheOddOne

The trailer is bs, movie a lot better than what is shown on TV. Reminded me of The Road a bit with the grittiness, if you see it stay after the credits for a quick clip too.
It is? That movie turned me off, because it's made by the guy who did the A-Team reboot. Now I wanna see it.

CyReN

It is? That movie turned me off, because it's made by the guy who did the A-Team reboot. Now I wanna see it.

A-Team sucked, this is good. The plane crash was one of the most realistic scenes I've seen in a movie too. Some people gripe about the ending, but the after credit scene clears it up if you pay attention to the movie. Overall I still like: Taken>The Grey>>>Unknown. If it matters, but the first 2 are very close.

TheOddOne

A-Team sucked, this is good. The plane crash was one of the most realistic scenes I've seen in a movie too. Some people gripe about the ending, but the after credit scene clears it up if you pay attention to the movie. Overall I still like: Taken>The Grey>>>Unknown. If it matters, but the first 2 are very close.
I'm sold and I loved both Taken and Unknown.

Can you elaborate on what you mean at the bolded?
Largely speculative (along with some Ske7ch comments) but :
All advertising & coverage (I think the Gamespot interview didn't even mention the Arbiter) focused on the Chief & fighting the Covenant on Earth.
So when the "twist" happened, that
a) we would play half the game as an Elite &
b) we would spend well over half the game not on Earth
-> players reacted poorly. People weren't prepared to invest in him.
I think if people's expectations were better controlled, then there wouldn't have been such a backlash.

It was added by the frustration of the cliffhanger.

What annoys me is that Bungie didn't help improve player investment in the character with Halo 3. God Halo 3's narrative is so minimalistic and the bits that were left in...
*gets pointlessly worked up*

All advertising & coverage (I think the Gamespot interview didn't even mention the Arbiter) focused on the Chief & fighting the Covenant on Earth.
I think if people's expectations were better controlled, then there wouldn't have been such a backlash.

What annoys me is that Bungie didn't help improve player investment in the character with Halo 3. God Halo 3's narrative is so minimalistic and the bits that were left in...
I blame Joseph Staten for not be the lead writer of Halo 3.

FyreWulff

It's interesting reading this what we know now:

* The entire third act of Halo 2 was cut (according to Staten), which would have made the game more Earth-centered in the final stretch

* That difficult-to-implement game mode they keep talking about we now know was Invasion, and Zanzibar was originally designed around it

It's interesting reading this what we know now:

* The entire third act of Halo 2 was cut (according to Staten), which would have made the game more Earth-centered in the final stretch

* That difficult-to-implement game mode they keep talking about we now know was Invasion, and Zanzibar was originally designed around it

And we never got to play invasion on zanzibar I love Zanzibar and last resort I think they are the kind of map that would work well in invasion and objective and slayer hopefully it returns in Halo4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom