• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

e5431fa4ecdf4e0aa9f29dacab4d13738974c7b6.png

We know that feel Scott :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If only there were some way to throw a bloom joke in that gif, too.

Trey

That .gif is weird. At one moment that blue guy is holding the book by his fingers then he's holding the book between his side and his arm.

CONTINUITY ERROR

Obviously he shifted grip during the close-in on the Reach-limbo evade.

Someone should photoshop the Evade symbol onto the businessperson's back as he dodges, like when players spawn.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Its times like these
http://p.twimg.com/AkXElLHCEAQ4C_H.jpg[IMG]
that I wish I had a team for this season....if halo is even on the circuit...[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to start not playing unless I have people to play with like I did in Halo 3. Shit's just not worth it sometimes.

Trey

I think I'm going to start not playing unless I have people to play with like I did in Halo 3. Shit's just not worth it sometimes.

Time for some arbitrary attempts at logic, full of assumptions!

Let's say that you're rather good at Reach (I wouldn't know). You would be trueskilled against other people rather competent at the game, except that most people on the higher end of skill will party together. So that's four competent players to your one. That means matchmaking would have provide three individuals on your level, a party of three, or some combination.

Moral of the story kids: party up in matchmaking, save yourself some salt.

Anybody remember that crazy Halo PC mod that I think wwm0nkey posted a while back? It was on Truth and Reconciliation I think and it had the Reach Shotgun in there, IIRC.

Tashi

Time for some arbitrary attempts at logic, full of assumptions!

Let's say that you're rather good at Reach (I wouldn't know). You would be trueskilled against other people rather competent at the game, except that most people on the higher end of skill will party together. So that's four competent players to your one. That means matchmaking would have provide three individuals on your level, a party of three, or some combination.

Moral of the story kids: party up in matchmaking, save yourself some salt.

That's exactly why I don't wanna play unless I have people to play with.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Reach with Randoms™ has been really not fun for me lately. Man, if only I knew of some really cool online forum full of people who played Reach.

As often as possible I don't play with randoms. I started that somewhere after a month or two into Reach. I feel thats one of the reasons I enjoy Reach more. If I can't find anybody on I just hop into FF and listen to a new album, or don't play. Heres to a statfree/unrecorded playlist in Halo 4!

Also anyone up for some Team Slayer in about 5 hours? Like to continue our win streak.

Overdoziz

Banned
As often as possible I don't play with randoms. I started that somewhere after a month or two into Reach. I feel thats one of the reasons I enjoy Reach more. If I can't find anybody on I just hop into FF and listen to a new album, or don't play. Heres to a statfree/unrecorded playlist in Halo 4!

Also anyone up for some Team Slayer in about 5 hours? Like to continue our win streak.
Stop getting on when it's like 7 in the morning for me.

Tashi

Tashi your avatar made me sad again... I was just getting over it too.

I watched the last scene on youtube again last night...not a good idea hahahaha

I did watch all the bloopers though and that made me laugh again lol. They're hilarious

CyReN

Really? i saw the broken bottle knuckle dusters and thought, even if every other minute of the movie is Sex In The City 2, it will still be awesome.

The trailer is bs, movie a lot better than what is shown on TV. Reminded me of The Road a bit with the grittiness, if you see it stay after the credits for a quick clip too.

Since I kinda have you here any word on getting MLG to use Reach for their 2012 circuit by chance? Or can comment on it for us anxious fans?

PpJqw.jpg

Really? i saw the broken bottle knuckle dusters and thought, even if every other minute of the movie is Sex In The City 2, it will still be awesome.

Surprisingly, I think the acting outshines the action. As CyReN pointed out, the trailers are a bit misleading. (I had friends that were disappointed it wasn't just a bunch of mindless fight scenes.) Liam Neeson's character is indeed a badass, but The Grey is closer to The Road than it is to Taken.

Sarah Jessica Parker gives a great performance as a dead moose.

I'm just getting back into reach after a good 6 month hiatus and I was wondering if you guys highly recommend the anniversary map pack.

I'm just getting back into reach after a good 6 month hiatus and I was wondering if you guys highly recommend the anniversary map pack.

Yes, if only for the maps alone some of the best maps reach has.

Title update playlists are still a confusing mess and the experience changes from playlist to playlist, Honestly Halo CE:A is a great purchase and it includes the map but if your only concerned about multiplayer the map pack will be just fine.

FyreWulff

It's the only map pack you're going to be able to get in matchmaking, might as well. You also need it to unlock the new Defiant achievements.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's the only map pack you're going to be able to get in matchmaking, might as well. You also need it to unlock the new Defiant achievements.
Wha? Really? I didn't think it'd work that way.

Someday, I need to waste away in Objective in hopes of getting Stockpile achievement so I can get my Gamerscore back to a multiple of 5. Damn you, Bungie.

heckfu

Banned
Imo, give the businessman Heckfu's face and Evade on his back (as previously stated), and for bonus points, have a crosshair firing at him but missing due to a combination of bloom and him ducking down like that :lol maybe even make Mordecai or Rigby shooting at him, if possible

Half of me hates this, the other half is infatuated with it.

FyreWulff

Wha? Really? I didn't think it'd work that way.

Someday, I need to waste away in Objective in hopes of getting Stockpile achievement so I can get my Gamerscore back to a multiple of 5. Damn you, Bungie.

Yup. Not only did the TU make achievements map-specific, you have to own Anniversary to unlock the new Defiant achievements. Otherwise they don't show up and the game won't let you unlock them.

What if 343 pull a halo 2.

Part of the game is playing as chief in some derelict dyson sphere with flood/forerunner/precursor w.e roaming about and part of the game is back with the UNSC and the Covies exploring that side of the universe and the elite civil war.

You play as a spartan from ONI or Fred or a spartan 3

Halo 4 ends with chief getting back to earth somehow and then halo 5 and 6 are just chief.

feel

What if 343 pull a halo 2.

Part of the game is playing as chief in some derelict dyson sphere with flood/forerunner/precursor w.e roaming about and part of the game is back with the UNSC and the Covies exploring that side of the universe and the elite civil war.

You play as a spartan from ONI or Fred or a spartan 3

Halo 4 ends with chief getting back to earth somehow and then halo 5 and 6 are just chief.

This is the big chief/cortana comeback people have been expecting for 5 years, it would suck if the game was not all about them. Would be ok with them mixing things up in Halo 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom