• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
-> players reacted poorly. People weren't prepared to invest in him.
I think if people's expectations were better controlled, then there wouldn't have been such a backlash.

I played Halo 2 WAY after release, so I had no expectations and hadn't experienced the years of hype leading up to it. I did know that players reacted poorly to the campaign. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. So, in my case, you are spot-on with this point.

Maintenance right now?

tehbork.jpg

daedalius

I think they need to release some more concept art for Halo 4.

Would be more interesting to discuss than most of what has been happening in this thread ;)

Im just hoping that once we get a big reveal we get more content then what we know to do with. I dont want to see the whole game, I just want all the stuff that we normally would know at that point.

I wonder if they will to show MP until e3. Or maybe the opposite? I know we will see something, and its normally SP first, but who knows this point.

CyReN

CyReN pulling out of his ass ideas of Halo 4 news:
  • Superbowl Sunday Ad
  • February 12th (43rd day of the year)
  • March 2nd at 7pm (3 months, 43 hours)
  • April 26th (117 day of the year with leap year day in it)
  • E3
  • Frankie getting drunk and posting pictures

God I'm bored, help us Frankie!

Computron

I just want faster/higher-jumping spartans and a precision gun that's fun to shoot and doesn't shoot too far.
It seems like everything else would just fall in place if those were properly implemented.
Reach's meta game is just now starting to lose its luster with me.

CyReN pulling out of his ass ideas of Halo 4 news:
  • Superbowl Sunday Ad
  • February 12th (43rd day of the year)
  • March 2nd at 7pm (3 months, 43 hours)
  • April 26th (117 day of the year with leap year day in it)
  • E3
  • Frankie getting drunk and posting pictures

God I'm bored, help us Frankie!

Seems as likely as the rest.

Super Bowl is on the fifth, right? I think that's a little too soon, unless Jess would announce "pay attention to the Super Bowl commercials." Hm. There may be enough time after all.

CyReN

Super Bowl is on the fifth, right? I think that's a little too soon, unless Jess would announce "pay attention to the Super Bowl commercials." Hm. There may be enough time after all.

Never too late, plus if they did announce it beforehand it only 5% would even know about it coming from the fanbase. I guarantee if it happened it will be topping the twitter trends and the water coolers comes Monday with the casual fans.

Ramirez

Buying a Super Bowl ad would be a waste of money, and I really doubt a SB ad would have any gameplay in it anyways. I don't want a Starry Night ad, I want to see the game...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Buying a Super Bowl ad would be a waste of money, and I really doubt a SB ad would have any gameplay in it anyways. I don't want a Starry Night ad, I want to see the game...

put it this way, the only thing you should hold your breath for, is Tom Brady walking home in his Uggs, crying, all the way to the city or state of "New England"

neoism

Was Halo Reach released earlier than it was originally planned?

I remember Frankie saying in an interview that both Halo Wars and Halo Reach weren't released when they were supposed to be.

And also I watched a Bungie dev commentary and the guys mentioned they had to cut a lot out of the game because they didn't have time to polish it all.
They talked about how there was supposed to be a campaign level in which you take control of a scarab and traverse through a city while it was being glassed.
That level alone woulda made the campaign.

Also, those huge monsters on Nightfall were going to have a much bigger place in the campaign. There were going to be multiple types of them.
You were originally going to be able to climb ontop of them and control them.

Also they mentioned another feature that got cut, it seems to funny to be true.. but...
They said they were going to make the Moa ridable.
And not only that, but you could joust on them with Energy Swords.

Just a few cool additions that woulda made the game a bit more enjoyable I think.
Plus if the campaign was rushed, I can imagine how much the Multiplayer must have been rushed.

I know features get cut out for other reasons then the release date being pushed up, I'm just wondering if the date was changed causing Bungie to be caught off guard.

Anyways, here is a link to the interview if you're curious. It is a bit long and in multiple parts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GpmmyrmhJc
Bungie smokes weed confirmed.

FyreWulff

Was Halo Reach released earlier than it was originally planned?

I remember Frankie saying in an interview that both Halo Wars and Halo Reach weren't released when they were supposed to be.

And also I watched a Bungie dev commentary and the guys mentioned they had to cut a lot out of the game because they didn't have time to polish it all.
They talked about how there was supposed to be a campaign level in which you take control of a scarab and traverse through a city while it was being glassed.
That level alone woulda made the campaign.

Also, those huge monsters on Nightfall were going to have a much bigger place in the campaign. There were going to be multiple types of them.
You were originally going to be able to climb ontop of them and control them.

Also they mentioned another feature that got cut, it seems to funny to be true.. but...
They said they were going to make the Moa ridable.
And not only that, but you could joust on them with Energy Swords.

Just a few cool additions that woulda made the game a bit more enjoyable I think.
Plus if the campaign was rushed, I can imagine how much the Multiplayer must have been rushed.

I know features get cut out for other reasons then the release date being pushed up, I'm just wondering if the date was changed causing Bungie to be caught off guard.

Anyways, here is a link to the interview if you're curious. It is a bit long and in multiple parts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GpmmyrmhJc

According to all reports and interviews, Reach was ready to go a fair amount of time before ship and ODST was done even earlier. Bungie doesn't want a repeat of the Halo 2 development fiasco. The stuff they talk about cutting is just stuff that got cut, and from what we saw in demo reels and interviews it was cut early. They now cut early and often. No game goes from dev to ship without big cuts.

This is versus Halo 2 which didn't have it's networking up and running until 8 months before it came out, let alone other stuff.

A Halo ad during the Super Bowl would be INSANE:

- Animals (moa) singing songs.
- Babies talking trash. (Halo babies?)
- GoDaddy.com girls dressed as Cortana.
- Master Chief opening a fridge full of Bud Lights
- A family of Elites at the North Pole drinking Coca-Cola.
- Awkward cameos from professional athletes. (Walshy)
- Madonna.

Well worth the millions of dollars spent on adspace.

put it this way, the only thing you should hold your breath for is

- Animals (moa) singing songs.
- Babies talking trash. (Halo babies?)
- GoDaddy.com girls dressed as Cortana.
- Master Chief opening a fridge full of Bud Lights
- A family of Elites at the North Pole drinking Coca-Cola.
- Awkward cameos from professional athletes. (Walshy)
- Madonna.

and Tom Brady walking home in his Uggs, crying, all the way to the city or state of "New England"

you heard it here first folks.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If I get a Halo 4 commercial and the Giants winning on Super Bowl Sunday, my pants will be filled with shit and piss.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If I get a Halo 4 commercial and the Giants winning on Super Bowl Sunday, my pants will be filled with shit and piss.

You are guaranteed that one of those is possible. And I am rooting for it. However, there is a distinct chance you get two disappoints.

Frankie, is 343 going to be at GDC?
I quite enjoyed the presentations Bungie used to give about their Halo tech.

The reach networking one was especially educational.

And about superbowl ad, it really would be a waste of money for them.
The game doesn't even come out for 7-11 more months.
No point to advertise to the general public until the release is closer.
All the people who would follow it religiously a year before it comes out already know about it.

wwm0nkey

Trying out to be the next companion for The Doctor.

Special episode of Doctor Who where he travels to 2552. Would watch lol

Actually I really would like to see a Doctor Who easter egg thrown into Halo 4 like hearing the Tardis go off and getting an achievement called "Doctor Who?"

Sadly the last game that I can remember that had an easter egg like that was Fallout.

FyreWulff

I'm sure we would have known about a Super Bowl commercial at this point. The news outlets pretty much tell you what all the ads are going to be before the game even airs, it's not really possible to have a surprise ad showing for the Super Bowl.

Also, you could fund an entire damn game with a Super Bowl ad buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom