• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Any gaffers willing to hold a spot for me in line for the Halo panel? I work a t-shirt booth an would be willing to compensate.

I also promise not to ask any questions that result in the crowd booing the panelists again this year.

So the hidden file in the waypoint update is pretty interesting - I wonder if there have been any other hidden messages around the Waypoint website? I dont want to start a witchhunt, but with the recent update - if 343 wanted to throw in a easter egg, now is the time to do it.
I wonder if more codes will work on that anniversary terminal?

Huh, what's up with this? Could you elaborate, please?

Beckx

Do you think the story is interesting/good?

Disclaimer: I'm not a big "story" guy in games. For me the story is created by my actual play, the cutscenes and such are just setting (so, not surprising, the more intrusive the non-interactive storytelling, the more scripted, the less I enjoy it).* People say Journey had no story and I feel like I live on a different planet from them.

This is a world I want to play in. Yes, yes, there was some setup to get my guy into a bad spot. Getting him out of that spot is the story.

Whether the game's conventional story is better worse than typical AAA fare is not something I can really answer. What I can say is that it's proving to be a great place for me to tell my story.

*As general rules go, this is mine, but nothing is absolute. Some games exist solely to provide something akin to interactive fiction, like Heavy Rain, and I enjoyed that. And Mass Effect certainly has some wonderful cutscenes.

I just finished Tsavo Highway in 4 player co-op.

The A.I. in H3 is still fantastic and surprising.

Near the end, there was a benny hill moment involving Over, AndyTheBlob, two choppers and two wraiths chasing each other across the broken bridge.

The story isn't much (bear in mind I'm only a few hours in). However, the atmosphere is top notch. One of my favorite things, really. Art direction is fantastic as well.

Disclaimer: I'm not a big "story" guy in games. For me the story is created by my actual play, the cutscenes and such are just setting (so, not surprising, the more intrusive the non-interactive storytelling, the more scripted, the less I enjoy it).* People say Journey had no story and I feel like I live on a different planet from them.

This is a world I want to play in. Yes, yes, there was some setup to get my guy into a bad spot. Getting him out of that spot is the story.

Whether the game's conventional story is better worse than typical AAA fare is not something I can really answer. What I can say is that it's proving to be a great place for me to tell my story.

*As general rules go, this is mine, but nothing is absolute. Some games exist solely to provide something akin to interactive fiction, like Heavy Rain, and I enjoyed that. And Mass Effect certainly has some wonderful cutscenes.

I really enjoy a game with a good atmosphere. It's one of the main reasons why I loved Deus Ex so much. I enjoyed the story but the overall world really made the game for me. It's good to hear Dishonored also seems to have that.

TheOddOne

Near the end, there was a benny hill moment involving Over, AndyTheBlob, two choppers and two wraiths chasing each other across the broken bridge.
You just want to bask in my Halo 3 campaign love. You poser, Elzar.

Karl2177

Nice!

We need to collect these pre-release remakes (or demakes, or as Flatulator said on twitter, premakes) into a single post once they're all finalized.
Premakes.

Any gaffers willing to hold a spot for me in line for the Halo panel? I work a t-shirt booth an would be willing to compensate.

I also promise not to ask any questions that result in the crowd booing the panelists again this year.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Are you "Will There Be Multiplayer" guy?

That can only mean you have a video to make!

Wait. Wait. Wait. Are you "Will There Be Multiplayer" guy?
No, I was the guy that asked what button was "analyze" in CEA since they kept saying you wouldn't need a Kinect for anything. Then they said you wouldn't be able to do it without a Kinect.

Then they said they didn't want to change the controls that we all knew and loved. Except the back button being the remaster switch. Good excuse, right?

blamite

So, guests probably won't be able to use any loadouts other than the prebuilt map loadouts, or the default AR/Pistol/No AAs or Perks setup, right? Seems like that'd just make the problem of having guests on your team even worse...

KdMgMan

Alright HaloGAF! Show us, in one .gif or .jpg, the way you will feel when you finally have your copy of H4 in your hands.

iqQYH8rkPqTmH.gif

Woorloog

Banned
I guess, the pen really is mightier then the sword...

Awwwww yeah.

Hmm. I wonder, does the Covenant use Plasma Pens? I mean, they use plasma for various applications and other energy based things... so, why not Plasma Pens?

No horrible puns, please, we don't need the obvious ones.

Knowing that people are at Comic Con right now is killing me inside. I have to wait till Saturday. Really regretting not getting a 4 day pass now.

Sotto Voce

Neo Member
So I have managed to free up 12 spaces on my FL, in anticipation for H4. If you want on it, please send me a FR (same as my username).

The following people just made the 2012 cut:

OddOne, Robbert, Sotto, Xand and KittensDX.

What?! I've been enigmatically silent for months now, if that hasn't won you over, I'll try harder with more.
And ting.

Mindwipe

Not sure how this site works, but here's some possible things you can buy that are halo 4 and 343i related for clothing and accessories:

http://www.btcwebstore.co.uk/microsoft/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=halo

Well, I have no idea how to buy anything from there, but I did just find out my promo Halo CEA keyring is in fact, a torch!

(A torch which, having just looked, fires light sideways. Erm...)

I just leave this here

Wily Microsoft. This might be the first time I'll actually pay full retail for XBL rather than obtaining a code from some online reseller in years.

Top Bottom